Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
This is it though. If her cookbooks were creative and helped people on low incomes to make delicious balanced meals then all the compulsive lying, munchie behaviour, engagements and social media embarrassments probably wouldn’t hold the attention for very long.

It’s the slops. The captivatingly woeful slops.
---

I dreamed I was in a charity shop with my mum and found a compilation country LP featuring guest which they were selling for 50p

this was the cover image
View attachment 2431774
I didn’t explain why I had to buy this abomination but mum seemed to understand
Are those rings or tattoos? And why have I never noticed before?

Reactions: 9

Clarends

Chatty Member
Use of English olevel. Just remembered doing that. It wasn't English Language or Literature. I think that was like half an olevel.

• Wow

Landslide

Coming back to this like a dickhead - I think that gif gives you everything you need to know to accompany the audio. Which Jack is it (Sunday school teacher who pinches the kids under the table) and also is she really as tremulous and vulnerable as her words and tone imply (see the micro expression of absolute FURY).
Thank you dear heart x

I’ve had a(n admittedly unforensic) search and can’t see where he’s at odds with the scheme. His website and the Guardian article about him both align with the scheme’s goals. Would you have any pointers as to where you read that he diverges please?
He’s saying he thinks they should extend the free primary meals as in London per the Guardian article. All his quotes are specifically about Sadiq Khan as well as previously citing that we are mean compared to Scotland and Wales as they are rolling out free primary meals - “He highlighted London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s plan to make school meals freely available to all primary-aged pupils for 2023/24, a policy the chef suggested should be replicated across England.”

“Mayor Sadiq is actually doing it… local people like up in York are doing it, in Wales you get it, in Scotland you get it. England is the meanest.”

The scheme is saying they want to extend it first to all families on universal credit - ie not everyone at first because if there is a limited budget the priority should be pupils who actually need them rather than “everyone in EYFS - Y6” because kids don’t suddenly cease to be hungry in Y7 and plenty of primary parents can afford school meals easily and/or are able to provide a balanced packed lunch.

He meets them in terms of the ultimate goal being to roll out to everyone but he doesn’t seem to agree with them on the first step and his IMO is missing a huge part of the need. Yes absolutely it should be free food for all school pupils EYFS-Y11 but if that’s not realistic to implement straight away they should start with extending it to the kids who need it across that entire age group rather than a blanket “primary kids”.

ETA: and Sadiq Khan has equally failed to appreciate that of course, so Jamie isn’t alone.

Last edited:

YerDa

VIP Member
I think it’s fair enough to point out when someone is getting all headlines for a) saying something that’s at odds with what the scheme they are backing is saying (a scheme with far more experience of FSM and need than JO will personally have) and b) thus making it more likely the politicians will want to do “their” idea even if that means the most pressing needs aren’t actually met because Mr/Mrs Well Off Celeb got what they wanted.

He’s doing more than Jack but let’s be real, that’s a fucking low bar.
I’ve had a(n admittedly unforensic) search and can’t see where he’s at odds with the scheme. His website and the Guardian article about him both align with the scheme’s goals. Would you have any pointers as to where you read that he diverges please?

YerDa

VIP Member
He’s saying he thinks they should extend the free primary meals as in London per the Guardian article. All his quotes are specifically about Sadiq Khan as well as previously citing that we are mean compared to Scotland and Wales as they are rolling out free primary meals - “He highlighted London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s plan to make school meals freely available to all primary-aged pupils for 2023/24, a policy the chef suggested should be replicated across England.”

“Mayor Sadiq is actually doing it… local people like up in York are doing it, in Wales you get it, in Scotland you get it. England is the meanest.”

The scheme is saying they want to extend it first to all families on universal credit - ie not everyone at first because if there is a limited budget the priority should be pupils who actually need them rather than “everyone in EYFS - Y6” because kids don’t suddenly cease to be hungry in Y7 and plenty of primary parents can afford school meals easily and/or are able to provide a balanced packed lunch.

He meets them in terms of the ultimate goal being to roll out to everyone but he doesn’t seem to agree with them on the first step and his IMO is missing a huge part of the need. Yes absolutely it should be free food for all school pupils EYFS-Y11 but if that’s not realistic to implement straight away they should start with extending it to the kids who need it across that entire age group rather than a blanket “primary kids”.

ETA: and Sadiq Khan has equally failed to appreciate that of course, so Jamie isn’t alone.
Oh, in the stuff I read, the BIB is exactly what he’s advocating. Thanks though.

Reactions: 8