Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was trying to find Hunger Hurts and I came across this and, well would you look at this nonsense : https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/05/29/poverty-lingers-in-a-septic-wound/

ETA: This was 2018. She was asking for donations so she could move into her 'crappy bungalow'.
This is outrageous. Whether or not she was struggling with royalties, she's had heaps of advances, lots of brand partnerships and a website absolutely laden with ads. It boils my bean juice cos I know the people donating will be much worse off than her more likely than not. Learn how to handle your finances better and dont spunk money up the wall on expensive appliances.You are a bleeping disgrace and a bleeping bleep, Jack. Call me a bully, I don't care x

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Long time lurker, first time poster here. LOVE the useful summary. I gobbled up the JM guest appearance thread like a sloppy sausage bolognese brekkie. I was a JM fan until my Tattle friend showed me the light and this lovely page 😊
Great avatar and name!

It seems she is trying to retweet her old content that got her fame to 1) try to be famous still and 2) bury her recent antics with all these new tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Jack does so much for THE POOR! They should be grateful to her! View attachment 196125
God it’s difficult to describe how bewildering it is that people can be sucked in to her little fantasy world. But let’s pretend for a minute to look past all the lies, as impossible as that may seem those that lap it all up must surely turn a blind eye to so many of her contradictions. Supposing then that all of it was true, who the duck cares anyway? Nothing she says, writes or does is half as interesting or ‘inspiring’, as she clearly imagines. It’s mind boggling.

Reactions: 19
This is outrageous. Whether or not she was struggling with royalties, she's had heaps of advances, lots of brand partnerships and a website absolutely laden with ads. It boils my bean juice cos I know the people donating will be much worse off than her more likely than not. Learn how to handle your finances better and dont spunk money up the wall on expensive appliances.You are a bleeping disgrace and a bleeping bleep, Jack. Call me a bully, I don't care x
I can (kind of) put up with her twitter nonsense but reading this has left me absolutely fuming, I'm not going to lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m really shocked though that certain press haven’t picked up on it. It’s right in daily mails niche- to tear people down. They love pointing out brands and costs. Wonder who she has on dial there? Allegedly

Reactions: 36
You'd have thought her wealthy long term girl friend can have loaned her the money. But no, out with the begging bowl again.
In it, she says she used some of her Katie Hopkins money to pay back friends who have loaned her money. She just seems to expect everyone else to pay for the sheer wonder of her existence, which, as other people have pointed out, is kind of ironic considering she was so reluctant to ask for help when she actually needed it, way back when.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
"septic wound, choleric, stenching, bursting rancid all over your Sunday best." I love how JM markets her online and published books food content. Yum.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
There goes Miguel all up in Jack’s niche again. She won’t be happy. 😬
Miguel is making a name for now himself Jacks niche done miles better . Clear Catchy format’ meal for a pound ‘ speaks well and looks good on camera can you imagine the fall out if he gets slot on this morning or other show I can see it coming she will be furious.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m sorry I know Jack’s finances aren’t anyone else’s responsibility but if all that in her blog was true, surely her partner & parents wouldn’t let her struggle.

Reactions: 13
I do like Miguel but I unfollowed him recently because he did an Insta story where he bought his wife a Chanel handbag.

It was at the height of lockdown and it just seemed in poor taste to me to be posting that/showing off at that time.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m sorry I know Jack’s finances aren’t anyone else’s responsibility but if all that in her blog was true, surely her partner & parents wouldn’t let her struggle.
It's not true. Notice how careful she is in what she actually says. She doesn't say *why* she's moving, she makes a great big song and dance about being scared of random tit and checking her bank balance, but she never actually says she's skint or unable to afford things or even that she's downsizing for financial reasons, she just alludes to that, in great detail. Also, I think we *might* have heard a bit more about the whole agent theft thing if it was actually based on fact - either it wasn't or she got it sorted out pretty quickly after she wrote this and got the £50k she says was due to her.

Reactions: 29
In it, she says she used some of her Katie Hopkins money to pay back friends who have loaned her money. She just seems to expect everyone else to pay for the sheer wonder of her existence, which, as other people have pointed out, is kind of ironic considering she was so reluctant to ask for help when she actually needed it, way back when.
But I thought she said she gave it ALL to charity?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.