Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No bloody way I'd stay at that guest house.

View attachment 2284696View attachment 2284700
Especially not with her filthy fingers everywhere they shouldn’t be.
IMG_0650.jpeg

Just as well really, because if guest’s unsanitary habits didn’t kill you, you might end up falling through your bedroom floor and ending up in the cellar.

IMG_0651.jpeg

By not going, you’d have to be ok with missing out on “Southend Kindness and Southend Hospitality” though.

IMG_0652.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Okay this made me laugh so here's a bit of tea that shouldn't give anyone's identity away! (Yes I realise I am now just like Jack saying I'm not sticking around and then, in fact, sticking around.)

Re. DKL - Yep, Matt couldn't stand her once they started working together, but he wasn't even keen on the idea to start with. Another SK regular who is friends with Matt (but who wasn't on DKL) complained and said Jack's whole thing felt 'off', but for whatever reason the producers went ahead with the choice. It caused them a major headache - she was specifically asked to stop picking arguments on social media but ignored them. It also wound the crew up that she'd claim the show and prep was taking her ludicrous hours every day, which made them look like they were breaking all sorts of rules. Obviously it was nothing like the hours she claimed. Source said (verified on Twitter, but sent this by DM early hours of a Saturday morning so I suspect they may have regretted it!) that it was made very clear to Jack that she wasn't doing the prep she should and wasn't behaving in a professional manner but she ignored it. Their theory is that she must have known there was no chance of the production crew or Matt wanting to work with her again, but she chose to spin it as a big success on social media. In terms of industry insiders calling her out - one publisher has been speaking out against her for years after they asked her to contribute a recipe for a charity cookbook. Jack said yes then ignored all further contact, until finally the publisher got back a response along the lines of Jack's Kickstarter and Patreon excuses, e.g. please stop hassling me it's very bad for my mental health, I've had a very hard time etc. There was also some incident I don't know the details of with a BBC Good Food demo and they now won't touch her for anything live. Oh and also a photographer who worked with Jack on a few different media things said she'd have a new designer something every time they saw her and it was always 'oh a friend treated me' or 'I bought this with my book advance' etc.

Oh finally someone who Jack seems to think is her pal on Twitter used to contact me all the time about her and wanted to help me to create a podcast. It almost makes me feel bad for her when I see her interact with them.

I will obviously sell out anyone's and everyone's confidentiality if anyone can dish the truth about Dordrecht.
Any clues as to who the “other SK regular who was friends with Matt” was?? Was it a restaurant chef? TV chef?

Reactions: 24
Hello Molly. It was obvious matt disliked her intently. He spoke to her as a Disgruntled adult would talk to a child who had pushed them to their last nerve. I imagine thats probably how Babs and the teacher co spoke to her often too. She has no likeable qualities. Shes a hardfaced know it all, who actually knows nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
So one of us might be a Jack sock 🥳
I don’t think it’s me but I’m going to check

job ✅
OH who hasn’t left ✅
Patreon ❌
PayPal ❌
Glastonbury sized bell site following ❌
Alcoholic ❌
J1g fan ❌ (sweet Jesus you wouldn’t dare here)

damn I don’t think I meet any of the criteria but….
Jack if your reading, please please please wait till next week for a chaos cause I’m off and can sit and watch live with a fizzy drink
Toodles
As a newbie, I just did a quick personal inventory to double check I'm not Jack

Patreon begs ZERO
Twitter accounts ZERO
Sideboards ZERO
Toasters ZERO
CCJs ZERO
Engagement rings ZERO
Grey pov jumper ZERO

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Hello Molly. It was obvious matt disliked her intently. He spoke to her as a Disgruntled adult would talk to a child who had pushed them to their last nerve. I imagine thats probably how Babs and the teacher co spoke to her often too. She has no likeable qualities. Shes a hardfaced know it all, who actually knows nothing.
If you haven’t seen Marm’s ’terrible’ gif you should.

I really want to buy Mrs Tebbutt a pint. The way she refused to engage with guest was just 👨‍🍳 💋

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Lol how she always has to qualify something as "cheap". Like any time I go to a café I'm checking for that really posh expensive white sugar. wtf.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
View attachment 2284724
Just as well really, because if guest’s unsanitary habits didn’t kill you, you might end up falling through your bedroom floor and ending up in the cellar.

View attachment 2284734

By not going, you’d have to be ok with missing out on “Southend Kindness and Southend Hospitality” though.

View attachment 2284748
Well I do declare Miss Monroe this to be the finest guest house in all the land.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 2284724

View attachment 2284734

View attachment 2284748
That story about the freebie for the single mum alway reads as a bit creepy to me.
And even if it’s not, it’s yet another member of her family blowing their own trumpet about what a great guy they are (see also: Big Dave).

Reactions: 43
I find it ironic that he gave so much to a random single mum but when his daughter was one she got duck all ( allegedly)

• Haha
Reactions: 62
It certainly throws new light on his “Terrible!” moment (one of my all-time favourites). 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm really enjoying all the newbies, and molly I like your commitment to this account.
But the 4chan thing ? Really.
Let your self down there. Personal army? Never for anon .
Trololol tho.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
By guest house she means a house for herself. A “forever home”
She could invite her Patrons round. They'd lurrrrv it, spending time with her in the kitchen, eating at her huge table (that she gave away) and getting to see just what a fab parent she is. It'd be a hit. Imagine the TripAdvisor reviews!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.