Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Copacapybara

VIP Member
Grace Dent is firmly in the camp of people whose work I like but would never want to meet. I used to like reading her column back when I was in a fugue state and inexplicably watched a series of Big Brother (the one with Pete and Nikki) but got the feeling she was probably a bit of a cow to know.
If she reviewed me I don’t think I’d come across at all well 🤣
I like her reviews but she manifests a bit like a frightening incarnation of Charlie Brooker.

Reactions: 9

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
Thanks Bob. Have tried doing this but didn't seem to work.

Can I clarify: will I be able to see that it's spoilered on my own posts when it publishes? E.g. none of the previous posts I've put up today have had a spoiler link?
There's a review button so you can see how your post will look

Reactions: 8
I'm sure Awfully Molly started with the best intentions but the needless lies discredited her imo.
Same here, and wasn’t the claim originally when she “came out” that she was posing as a colleague (the immigrant) with an implication that colleague had then been doxxed (though obviously they weren’t Molly) rather than just making up someone to mask her own identity and random names being sent to be her?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Yes it absolutely does. You’d need to George foreman’s it, and add at the end. Chanterelles would probably be really good for this.
Ahem!

Sorry to interrupt - but who in their right mind would put Chanterelles* into a Monroe Slop Recipe?

Why take something (anything) edible - let alone delicious - and convert it into slop when you can achieve the same result by scraping that black stuff off the outside of old "pot" plant pots and lovingly, tenderly, forensically adding it to cat sick?

*or anything else with a vitamin in it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

hereforthechaos

Ahem!

Sorry to interrupt - but who in their right mind would put Chanterelles* into a Monroe Slop Recipe?

Why take something (anything) edible - let alone delicious - and convert it into slop when you can achieve the same result by scraping that black stuff off the outside of old "pot" plant pots and lovingly, tenderly, forensically adding it to cat sick?

*or anything else with a vitamin in it
If they're yellow stickered and starting to go moist then yes, add chanterelles.

• Sick
  • Haha

griftalo

VIP Member
I'm not at all convinced that makes much sense as a substitute, either. I don't like aubergine, but doesn't it just turn to goo if you cook it for any length of time? Lamb, generally, doesn't do that. The obvious substitutes for lamb would be beef if you don't mind meat or maybe tofu or mushrooms if you don't.
Yes it absolutely does. You’d need to George foreman’s it, and add at the end. Chanterelles would probably be really good for this.

Bellaboos

A year?! It hasn't been anywhere near that long! About 6 months.

Anyway it's probably best to not start on who's been here longer. People had 4 and half years to register before it went invite only for a bit - years after it gained notoriety and was regularly mentioned in national media.
I just went to look because I remember asking about it - my question was on Jan 1st. thread 443

Reactions: 5
I love this and the logical progress of that kinda thing.

You say I’m not qualified to perform your neurosurgery? How dare you. I’ve handfed baby Yoda with my own pickle collection. I’ve hiked Mount Kilimanjaro with an eel in a backpack and crossed the burning star of Orion on a Segway, watching an ominous shadow fall upon Earth. I’ve trained doltish mice to mobilise against animal testing labs with tiny working Kalashnikovs, all of which which I made myself. I’ve marched triumphantly through Marble Arch with the thousands of people I saved from extinction, and hand-tweezed unwanted hairs from self-conscious monitor lizards. How could you exempt my lived experience and barricade me from doing further good?
---

For a second I thought you meant the cake 🤣 One crept into my volunteer/workplace via a woman of the world, and everyone ended up as a Herman Servant, and was haunted by guilt at admitting to its demise. It smells awful and sort of insinuates itself into your routine and keeps on growing. It doesn’t even taste nice so you can’t even get proper revenge on it.
I'd vote for you as PM BTW. Or king/queen. That's the sort of prose that makes guest v uncomfortable, methinks. She could never. Actually, most of us couldn't. So, respect!

• Heart
Reactions: 5