Jack Monroe #521 Stop, thief!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Big Lin starting tit with Joe Lycett, who seems to be a really lovely person and a bit of a national treasure in waiting, might be the start of her end. Good. She's a bleeping grifter who surrounds herself with grifters. All of her friendships are superficial business transactions but I imagine that guest really does think that they're best mates, because she's as thick as a boxing day turd.
Don’t come for Joe Lycett or you come for all of us.
THE END 😡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Don’t come for Joe Lycett or you come for all of us.
THE END 😡
About once a week, I remember guest acting like Tony Soprano saying "we're a greek-cypriot/norn Irish/Pitsea whatever bleeping ridiculous description she used" and I unbirth myself through cringe. I'm so embarrassed for her.

Funnily enough, the thought of Dave and his bobble head and Big E resplendent in Matalans finest* doesn't instil enough fear in me to stop me mocking their daughter.

*Like I've said before, I'm sure she's a lovely lady and that, but I'm not afeared for my safety when I imagine her coming at me. I feel like after ten minutes reasonable discourse, I could probably get her to join Tattle to moan about her own kid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
There do seem to be a lot of awards ceremonies. Usually with Emilie Sande singing. They all seem to have the same name only very slightly different.
Are they lucrative things to keep staging?
Probably some sort of tax fiddle, money slight of hand thing

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I feel like Big Lin starting tit with Joe Lycett, who seems to be a really lovely person and a bit of a national treasure in waiting, might be the start of her end. Good. She's a bleeping grifter who surrounds herself with grifters. All of her friendships are superficial business transactions but I imagine that guest really does think that they're best mates, because she's as thick as a boxing day turd.
I don’t see an end to Old Riley’s grifting. Perhaps someone will get the Rainbow Diversity Arselick Awards cancelled, sure. But I’m a few months she’ll just set up the Arselicking Diversity Rainbow Awards instead. She seems to have a lot of shady tit on the go.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
About once a week, I remember guest acting like Tony Soprano saying "we're a greek-cypriot/norn Irish/Pitsea whatever bleeping ridiculous description she used" and I unbirth myself through cringe. I'm so embarrassed for her.
It's just part of her inability to know who she is isn't it. She's desperate to adopt a LABEL, a glamorous/oppressed identity but can't seem to hit on one. The funniest one for me was when she equated her Greek Cypriot identity to running barefoot over mountains and dancing in lemon orchards, seemingly oblivious to the fact that she's not Artemis, we're not in the 10th century BCE and Cyprus is in fact a modern, urbanised society with thriving tech and banking sectors. Also, they now have shoes, and buy lemons from the supermarket just like everyone else (except Jack, for whom lemons are fAnCy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I don’t see an end to Old Riley’s grifting. Perhaps someone will get the Rainbow Diversity Arselick Awards cancelled, sure. But I’m a few months she’ll just set up the Arselicking Diversity Rainbow Awards instead. She seems to have a lot of shady tit on the go.
You're probably right.

However, her lashing out response to nominee withdrawing was a tit move. These days, you get called on something and you are expected to apologise, acknowledge you've been a shitbag and promise to do better. Pointing the finger at everyone else and whataboutery doesn't go down well these days. Even that hole Schofield managed to apologise without blaming everyone else (he'll have had it written for him by a PR company but still) The defensiveness is telling.

Anyhoo, guest is still a twit FYI.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I wonder which side Jack would join? Sugar mama Linda who is clearly on the decline or Joe Lycett who doesn't seem to be able to put a foot wrong with Jack's target audience (and in fact many people beyond them too)

Remembering now the squig that dared to challenge Jack for her unnecessary flight to Dublin last year. She immediately brought it back to cost ("cheaper than a train" or w/ever - when the cheapest option would be the video call the journo asked for) rather than the environmental/middle class entitlement mentality the squig criticised.

Also...why was the thread title not "Slop, thief!" and who do I complain to?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
When Linda say she hasn't been to an awards ceremony for ages, does she mean this particular flavour of award ceremony, or in general? Cos there's pics of her at a lot of them in general.

Reactions: 40
I wonder which side Jack would join? Sugar mama Linda who is clearly on the decline or Joe Lycett who doesn't seem to be able to put a foot wrong with Jack's target audience (and in fact many people beyond them too)

Remembering now the squig that dared to challenge Jack for her unnecessary flight to Dublin last year. She immediately brought it back to cost ("cheaper than a train" or w/ever - when the cheapest option would be the video call the journo asked for) rather than the environmental/middle class entitlement mentality the squig criticised.

Also...why was the thread title not "Slop, thief!" and who do I complain to?
She also said she'd been so thrifty (she was in one of her poverties at the time) that she'd offset the carbon for the flight.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
When Linda say she hasn't been to an awards ceremony for ages, does she mean this particular flavour of award ceremony, or in general? Cos there's pics of her at a lot of them in general.
When she says she hasn't been to one for ages, she probably means in the last week.

Big Lin turns up for awards ceremonies with the same degree of casualness and regularity as I pop into the kitchen to make a brew.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I'm not 100% sure I know what a Venn diagram is. Mind you, neither does jack, so it's ok.
Big maffs is often confusing in guest's hands.

Her use of imaginary numbers for fundraising is another example - and she never bothers to explain those either.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Riley is trying to keep the focus on Lycett (hoping to paint him as a hypocrite) rather than addressing the ice of pink washing in general. The latter would make for a more uncomfortable discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I hope the canal appreciate why I saw this and thought of guest?
IMG_3159.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Oh yeah! And it wasn't even for an on the record interview for a feature was it? IIRC, it was literally just Jack inserting herself into some bigger conversation, desperate for attention and to cover up the grift set the record straight.

Reactions: 24

Funnily enough, the thought of Dave and his bobble head and Big E resplendent in Matalans finest* doesn't instil enough fear in me to stop me mocking their daughter.

*Like I've said before, I'm sure she's a lovely lady and that, but I'm not afeared for my safety when I imagine her coming at me. I feel like after ten minutes reasonable discourse, I could probably get her to join Tattle to moan about her own kid.
I laugh like a loon at Mafia Monroe shrieking 'YOU COME FOR ONE OF US, YOU COME FOR US ALL', trying to frighten people with the pitsea massive. Pissant.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.