Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hiyaaaacath

Chatty Member
Does she ever do anything with him ever?

Wasn’t she complaining a year or so ago about how she couldn’t go out for a run in the morning because she had a child in the house. Seems to travel about no issue though.
Remember she had a fund from savings she’d made since being “sober”, she was apparently using it to take him on multiple holidays last year? Unless she kept them offline (LOL) then it seems none of those transpired, the poor kid

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 53

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
Exactly. I don't spend £11 a week on my food shop because I don't have to and it's damn hard work getting it down to that price. I don't really want to spend my evenings stalking the person with the price reduction gun.
Lorna/feed your family for £20 quite often put out an emergency £10 shop for a family of four which seems vaguely balanced , and substantial enough that you’d not go hungry . But she’s very open about saying just because it’s possible doesn’t mean it’s enjoyable- it’s repetitive, dull and definitely not something you’d want to do regularly, but if you find yourself with bare cupboards and an empty fridge/freezer a week before payday , it’s better than nothing. I can’t see why anyone would want to try to live on £11 out of choice . Also I wonder if the protein powder came out of that £11 because my sons just started using it and it’s bloody expensive!!!
---
I'll do a batch cook but it's because I live on my own and sometimes it's just easier to do a full recipe rather than faffing about quartering it.

But that's the thing, isn't it? All these "Povs™️can live off thruppence a week" articles don't take into account the time you have to spend to grind your food bill to the bare minimum. Stalking the person with the price gun round the supermarket. Going at the right time, several times a week (because, as you say, yellow sticker salad doesn't last). Having the freezer space for packs of mince and the meals you then turn them into.
It’s like those extreme couponers who get their shopping down to tiny amounts and say stuff like oh I don’t know why everyone doesn’t coupon, it’s free money . Then the voice over says that Karen spends 68 hrs a week collecting, cutting and collating coupons, researching deals and driving to 15 different stores to get the best deals 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Beautifully put. She might have started with honest (ha!) intentions - although embellishing the story with exaggerations and lies for added drama is *not* honest - and then discovered that her fans would buy whatever fantasy to justify her shortcomings, so why bother even trying to be truthful?
I truly hope that some of the whoppers she has been telling are just that - every time I read the story about her starving child my blood pressure goes through the roof. 😡
I personally don’t think she started with honest intentions, she wanted to be famous, loved and adored. Just so happens that the budget cooking/ hungry post is what stuck.
I don’t know if all these things are true or it’s just rumours etc but didn’t she aggressively send out her Hunger Hurts blog to multiple newspapers or something? We’ve seen her ’talent profile’ on a website ( sorry can’t remember the name) and there is a rumour she went on X factor (tho never seen evidence of this so again not sure if true)
I think her plan was to be famous: no matter what.
Anyway what do I know I’m merely a ‘umble tattler…. I just don’t like her and all she stands for.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
She really thinks she can just carry on as normal, doesn't she? As though she can just keep her head down for a few days and people will somehow forget that she's been defrauding charities and her own supporters for years. Doesn't work that way, Jack 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 52

MistyWindows

VIP Member
I found middle aged men could be much worse too. Yeah you got some rude older ladies, but a lot of the time they kind of had a point because they were getting shitty service. The men could be truly horrible. I’ve had blokes smash things on the floor, get in my face screaming, and even implying they’d be waiting for me outside when I finish my shift. I’d take someone speaking to my manager any day over that. But there’s no male version of Karen because a woman being rude and uptight is still seen as worse than a man throwing his weight around.
I think you definitely have a point, and you certainly get more (often sexual) physical abuse from men especially when you work in bars/clubs ect.

I wasn’t trying to downplay that at all and it’s something that needs to be addressed, in this case I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the sort of people I’ve met who remind me of Jack’s fanbase.

The fact that we all have stories about being spoken to like shit and/or abused at work by customers at all is absolute wank.

I got refused pay from a temp job serving at a wedding because I told a guy to fuck off when he tried to put his hand up my skirt. That was in NZ

• Angry
  • Sad

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
For cunts like her, kids are only interesting when they're little and can be paraded about as an extension of her personality, or when she wants to plead hardship/motherhood/poverty/whatever.

They don't realise that love for a child is something you do, not bullshit you post on social media. She is utterly self involved and doesn't see anyone as an independent person, not even her own child. Certainly not the people she steals money from under the guise of fictional legal action.

And the fact she's quoting that "beach body" cliche as if it's an original thought just about sums her up, doesn't it.

• Sick
  • Sad
I do think if Jamie Oliver prepared food with dirty hands he would get an equal kicking.
I agree, it’s perfectly fair to criticise her dirty hands/nails when her supposed job involves preparing food. Jamie Oliver or “Fingers” Kerridge or our own Andy Lynes would be getting the same criticism if they did it. It’s part of her overall horrid attitude to food hygiene - like telling squigs it’s safe to use mouldy yoghurt because “yoghurt is mould anyway.”

Also agree it’s fair to criticise her for stuff she has blatantly lied about such as not getting Botox/fillers, her nose not being affected by the ❄, not Facetuning her photos etc

• Heart

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Camping in her garden was a massive adventure with ginger beer and lots of hilarity when in actual fact it was just another sad staged SM post.
That was the week Louisa left. You might remember Jack taking the piss out of her on Twitter because she didn't want to camp in the garden...

• Sad
  • Haha

Hold my beans

VIP Member
Credit where it's due, I'd like to thank Jack for keeping quiet this weekend while I desperately try and keep up with the PS threads.

Last night one poster was asking for an okay to get time off work and I really wanted to reply 'Lyn says it's fine' 😄

• Haha
  • Heart