Jack Monroe #51 Chains, trains and inedible meals

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not entirely convinced that Tattlers are crossing over. A couple of words pop up here and there, but mostly I feel like they’re new to seeing Jack clearly. I feel like we’ve all agreed (plus, thems the rules) that it’s not right. I do think that it’s entirely possible that different groups of people have seen the light, and anyway who needs mumsnet these days? Who needs a nest of vipers, when you’ve got a cabal? FWIW I don’t do Twitter because I don’t understand it 🤦‍♀️
Yes I've had problems sleeping over the past few months and I've always noted with interest how there are always more guests (read: lurkers squared) than actual signed-up members online, especially in the wee hours.

Case in point, a couple of minutes ago :
Screenshot_20200722_234040.jpg

I think unless it's distinctly triangulatable (this totally isn't a word) such as Saturn using his same username or, I don't know, using distinctive profile pictures (👀) we have to appreciate the possibility that it's not just Daily Mail and Metro journos stalking the threads but also people with the intention of contacting Jack directly.

I don't agree with shitposting directly to people's social media but I'm really glad people are seeing through the poverty cosplay, FINALLY.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
awww our thread dad out in the barracks fighting the good fight, just like our public service hero JM when she lifted that 15 stone bloke on her 1 day training course that also left her qualified to analyse Grenfell's cladding the day of the incident...

thank you for sharing, I wouldn't have seen this as I'm too scared to ever go to the source (JM's twitter) alone, it's like staring into the sun/a triggering explosion!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Was it on one of these threads that someone mentioned Iain Lee was sending out unsolicited dick pics?
As mentioned above the proportion of lurkers is way over registered users, I only registered so that I could read the receipts, but I lurked for ages!
maxresdefault.jpg

P.S. CRACKLING CRACKLING CRACKLING

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I think there’s some definite tattle bleed on her twitter tonight. Not from me, nor will there ever be. Makes me a little uncomfortable. Anyway, i’m excited for the potential of a new groupwatch event! Hopefully at a more convenient time, pls Jack. 👍👍
I really dislike this too. I think there is a good chance lurkers are responsible though.
I wasn’t casting any aspersions, chums. The hills have eyes!! What do we think Jack will call her own show with no company to tell her what to do?View attachment 189846
another poor soul who assumes they’ve done something wrong in the recipe.
Top of the slops.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’ll be honest I like our little version of fight club the first rule and all that jazz so I wouldn’t cross over. As much as everything I’ve said on here I’d say to her. I wouldn’t give anyone the opportunity to diss the cabel. P.S is diss still a word? I’m no longer down with the kids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
What is it with people actually making this tit recently? I'm actually trying not to gag how can anyone see anything other than vomit in a bowl? There's no way anyone can think that's okay for breakfast - you're going to be thoroughly unwell all day.

What happened to her many SERIOUS TV offers off the back of a Hellman's ad campaign that gained ~200 watchers, of which we were 30-40?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Someone has suggested she do eggy cup. I swear to god if she comes on with two boiled eggs and beats them up in a cup shouting about butter and plenty of black pepper and trying to pass it off as her recipe I will spontaneously combust. This is a Northern Irish staple and she had better duck off trying to make it her 'thing'. We are serious about eggs on this thread!

ETA, isn't anybody going to suggest the chicken porridge?
Yeah I would be raging if she tries to make it her thing

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What happened to her many SERIOUS TV offers off the back of a Hellman's ad campaign that gained ~200 watchers, of which we were 30-40?
I honestly don’t think tv is her gig, She always seems uncomfortable and out of place, that could possibly be nerves and I know everyone starts somewhere but she never comes across like she enjoys it, maybe some media training would help her loosen up a bit and she might engage with an audience better.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Good question!

Flashback 👇

View attachment 189894

ETA
Instagram Stories just now 👇

View attachment 189897

ETA 👇

View attachment 189899

How many HOMES has she got?!
In fairness, that is the first edible-looking thing I've ever seen her post. It looks pretty great. I love Greek food.

I'd welcome a move beyond slop and whinging but we'll see how well our Melissa Hadj follows up on returning to her roots. I think she's mythologised her life so much she genuinely lost herself.

edit to add: in one of my first posts ever about Jack I mentioned that it was strange that she and her young son would be allowed to go hungry in a culture so generous and rooted in family as Greek Cypriot. This post sort of indicates to me (as we always knew, tbf) that help was on tap, and she rejected it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
ED85B0A8-D4B7-4EA7-80D9-89E0C8169FD2.jpeg

ETA - Get her to the Greek would be an excellent thread name, @ChickenPorridge for #52

’Om nom nom, i’m in a food coma’ etc. Hmm. So many red flags I feel like a matador.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
4ADA31F1-8C6D-437D-BBAE-855A96B1C3EE.jpeg

Fancy!

78B3CB14-F418-4794-9836-CA58A21F894F.jpeg

👅👅👅

91A9F09F-F3B4-447A-89E4-B26D190F045E.jpeg

Ssshhh with this, Jack. Honestly. It’s 1am.

F**k I hate myself for this, but, bread and jam, Mama?
DF18A081-FA80-4BEB-B9C1-FAAD1D624BD5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.