Jack Monroe #473 All you talk about is moving house & potatoes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having deliberated, although it's not really a whopper (although general whopper adjacent), one of my favourites is the backpack full of toffees, pen and notebook and other grandstandy Enid Blyton-esque kerfuffle to [dramatic pause] do a weekly shop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
My favourite fib is the one about not ever having had a cat, then one someone pointed out that she used to blog about her 2 cats (Harriet and Tony or something so wittily named after centrist MPs) she said she didn’t count them. Or something. Has anyone got the receipts?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
Nice grunk, revisiting Jack's best lies. I'm very fond of the one where she says this photo is au naturale, with no digital manipulation whatsoever, somehow forgetting that people have eyes and can see.

View attachment 1936831

She also implied that the photo had been taken after waking up from a nap on Old Harold's parent's sofa, but we later 🍉 it as being taken in her own bathroom #tragique. Screenie by @heretoreaditall2019 here - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...nch-of-bananas-for-a-photograph.29191/page-42
I was just coming to say this was one of my all time favourite lies! Any of the ‘it’s not FaceTune its just sunlight / soft pink curtains / my natural pixie face’ photos really. I’d also like to make mention of the time she weirdly claimed to know how much a severed human leg weighed in reply to a squig I believe during the goat leg saga? Never got made much of at the time but seriously, what the duck.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
She sure is keen on photoshopping herself a waist. Reminded me of this vintage cringe.

View attachment 1936410
I am dreadful at noticing photoshops and genuinely think things are real until other Fraus point them out, but even I can see the ridiculous bit on her chest where part of her bra strap is actually missing!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Nice grunk, revisiting Jack's best lies. I'm very fond of the one where she says this photo is au naturale, with no digital manipulation whatsoever, somehow forgetting that people have eyes and can see.

View attachment 1936831

She also implied that the photo had been taken after waking up from a nap on Old Harold's parent's sofa, but we later 🍉 it as being taken in her own bathroom #tragique. Screenie by @heretoreaditall2019 here - https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...nch-of-bananas-for-a-photograph.29191/page-42
That link also contains the 'I dyed all my clothes black' lie. That's definitely something a depressed person would do, and not at all something an insufferable angsty goth teenager would do for a GCSE art project.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Long, long time lurker here. May have posted once or twice as I do actually have an account! Reading these threads is my go-to down time activity because you are all hilarious. I've never really joined in because, like a few others have said, you say it all and in such a witty way.

Anyway, that said, I was FORCED to post as this had me HOWLING: Did Jack specify this photo was a candid? It is clearly taken on selfie mode as the book text his backwards 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 113
What about when she had a short haircut with a freshly shaved undercut and two weeks later was sporting a chin-length wig with a fringe she "cut herself with nail scissors, that'll do!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Has anyone mentioned the crumbly teeth story? Because that's one I think might have some truth. Still exaggerated to the point of silliness, though. Didn't she lose a few crumbly teeth in a bread roll or something? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Long, long time lurker here. May have posted once or twice as I do actually have an account! Reading these threads is my go-to down time activity because you are all hilarious. I've never really joined in because, like a few others have said, you say it all and in such a witty way.

Anyway, that said, I was FORCED to post as this had me HOWLING: Did Jack specify this photo was a candid? It is clearly taken on selfie mode as the book text his backwards 🤣
Genius spot, Rosi L!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Good spot! Welcome to the threads - you are truly a *forensic* frau 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.