Jack Monroe # 47 And Still I Rinse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mustard over here with the hard hitting questions 😅. I would also like to know what biscuits she bought, and again I’d like to know where alL the food she got creating in the jazzy kitchen hen had disappeared to!

eta I’ve somehow put the word ‘hen’ on the end of kitchen. I’ll leave it though, as we’re on the Scottish leg of the jackanory tour.
Here you go, hen.
B383F047-AE6C-4745-84A7-8A0800C4205A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Actually, as she hasn't listed any medication in her multitude of pills or photographed anything that would affect her immune system, she's actually got a vastly improved immune system compared to most. That's the point of RA and the ilk - it's so super strong and sensitive that it doesn't just zap every virus and bacteria in sight, it does it to the various body systems as well.

You know those people who, in an office or school outbreak of the flu, norovirus, chickenpox, colds, coughs and everything else who are the last ones left standing after everybody else has succumbed? Yep, we're those people. I'm one of those people. On the rare occasion that you do get ill, with an uncontrolled immune response, you can become very unwell, but on the whole, you just don't get sick.

The trade off is that you feel tit for other reasons, but you don't catch much, even when in direct contact with people with infection.

Taking medication (a combination of, not just one) like MTX, Humira, oral steroids, etc, etc, takes your risk of infection down to normal, and if not managed carefully through regular blood tests, can then make you more vulnerable. But she isn't taking any combination of those, as we all know a bunch of deliveries of pen injectors and sharps bins would have got pride of place in the Poundshop Damien Hirst medication tableaux.
But in fairness, that doesn't mean she doesn't have another issue (perhaps unmedicated or with medication that hasn't been photographed) that can affect her immune system?

Reactions: 5
The caption with the Dishoom picture smacks of "food reviewer" to me. Is that her new plan? Travel/restaurant blogger?

Also would like to point out that every time one of you (north of the border?) Fraus uses the term "hen" I think of Mhairi Black saying "You talk shite, hen" which is wonderfully fitting right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The caption with the Dishoom picture smacks of "food reviewer" to me. Is that her new plan? Travel/restaurant blogger?

Also would like to point out that every time one of you (north of the border?) Fraus uses the term "hen" I think of Mhairi Black saying "You talk shite, hen" which is wonderfully fitting right now.
Oh ffs. She is the WORST writer!!

Reactions: 14

Ugggggggggggggggh she'll be doing video reviews won't she. Or is she going to start podcasting? Hope she's picked up the accent of her "home" 🙃

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I had the chocolate version of these yesterday. They were extremely tasty.
1A4F9974-0157-4E5F-A60E-2331EE81C31C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
But in fairness, that doesn't mean she doesn't have another issue (perhaps unmedicated or with medication that hasn't been photographed) that can affect her immune system?
You really think we wouldn't have been treated to extensive posts on her suffering if that were the case? If she had something depressing her immune function, she wouldn't have RA symptoms - waking up and feeling brilliant/not in pain is a huge 'Uh-oh, I think I've actually caught the Bubonic Plague everybody around has had recently' moment. And we hear lots about the pain and falling out of bed, fingers not obeying when typing angrily on a phone, etc.

If she was willing to share images of decongestants, pile cream and bonjela, there would have been the other items. And as there are stories of unruly labia and whatnot, there's not anything she's unprepared to share to demonstrate she's in the right or innocent of all blame in a rage tweet session.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Idon't know why they mess about with digestive biscuits. Some things should just be left alone and unfancy (although chocolate ones are ok).

The best jaffa cakes ever, are the Aldi value ones, so good.

Reactions: 15
You really think we wouldn't have been treated to extensive posts on her suffering if that were the case? If she had something depressing her immune function, she wouldn't have RA symptoms - waking up and feeling brilliant/not in pain is a huge 'Uh-oh, I think I've actually caught the Bubonic Plague everybody around has had recently' moment. And we hear lots about the pain and falling out of bed, fingers not obeying when typing angrily on a phone, etc.

If she was willing to share images of decongestants, pile cream and bonjela, there would have been the other items. And as there are stories of unruly labia and whatnot, there's not anything she's unprepared to share to demonstrate she's in the right or innocent of all blame in a rage tweet session.
'Unruly labia' just killed me 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I desperately do not want to detract from the seriousness of the convo, but unruly labia gave me a snort

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.