Jack Monroe #464 Twitter isn’t compulsory ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The "nature of her work" being scamming people and spending the proceeds on boiler suits, yeah? Cos there's no cookery related reason why her clothing would be destroyed unless she flings food around like a child in nursery during messy play.
I was just about to say - the "nature of her work" - spitting and spatting on social media, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
So, reading through the thread, a few pages back was a JM quote from the Twatter where she quoted a statistic of "82% of women in public political life report being severely psychologically affected by online abuse" (apols, am techno-unable to find the actual screenshot) now whilst I don't question whether the statistic is factual correct or not, I wondered who the source was so I had a chat with my friend Mr Google. I didn't find it, but I did find a site which had some very interesting quotes on......some of them seem to be popping up on Ms Munwoes tweetings.

(Please remove this link if it's not allowable)

I got to point #2 regarding stab vests and then by point #3 I had a sneaking suspicion I had read something similar in a Munwoe tweet recently....

Am I imagining it?

Still haven't found the source for 82% but will keep looking.

ETA found it here:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
But…what about all the good she’s done?

View attachment 1894166
What other “means to survive” has she devoted her working life to?! 😂 and what “working life” for that matter?!
I hope she doesn't mean her yellow sticker recipes, what to do with a freezer full of gifted fish, and priced by the penny general bollocks. But agree, what else is there? Not the Quarterhack? It has just occurred to me that apart from being a made up word, it is vaguely reminiscent of Quarterback. One for the American Moms?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I hope Boobra and Peta are feeling suitably chastised now Jack's dedication has been read by all 13 purchasers of Grifty Kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 77
Screenshot 2023-01-19 12.23.35.png

Bit of a usual suspect but a fair point well made. I just worry that Jack is going to see all this negativity and not do the blog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
Apologies dear Fraus but I cannot post links properly 🥹 but have this anyway to read with your Thursday morning slow cooker tea...

A bit of a mither cos I may be being stupid here but, if you're going to eat the veg peelings anyway, why peel the veg in the first place? Why not just scrub them and eat them unpeeled? Thats what I do. Why bother saving up nearly half a kilo of peelings? How many 🥕 do you need to make half a kilo of peelings? I just can't make sense of it?

• Haha
Reactions: 85
I hope she doesn't mean her yellow sticker recipes, what to do with a freezer full of gifted fish, and priced by the penny general bollocks. But agree, what else is there? Not the Quarterhack? It has just occurred to me that apart from being a made up word, it is vaguely reminiscent of Quarterback. One for the American Moms?
I was wondering about that in relation to quarterhack, too. I mean, she seems to be so gleefully proud of the name, it's as if she thinks she's come up with the world's cleverest metaphor.

But this is the definition of quarterback, according to wikitionary:

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 12.26.01.png

How does that relate to shopping? Or to thriftiness? Or to Jack?

Is it some sort of convoluted attempt to link "offensive back" to her being so smol and ouchy and crumbly? I doubt it... aren't quarterbacks usually huge?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1894342

Bit of a usual suspect but a fair point well made. I just worry that Jack is going to see all this negativity and not do the blog.
Sadly I agree. We won't be seeing that blog 🥺
Unless Nigella relents and tweets something like 'This is SUCH an important conversation. Only a maverick like Jack could tackle this so fearlessly. Please, please take the time to read and digest this thread I beg of you'.
But it really looks like Nigella has finally cut Jack adrift.
That must sting.

🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 58
🚨FRIDGE PLUGGED IN KLAXON 🚨
22659D08-9EF4-436A-BC99-1B710D228E6D.jpeg
310F7E22-1EA7-4459-82D9-F2836D1A71E4.jpeg

Still despite overflowing with such bounty and gratitude, she still can’t help also shoehorning suicide attempts into this post though.

I actually just was doing a really perfunctory search of her blog and there are AT LEAST 15 different posts where she references multiple (by differing means) suicide attempts/suicidal ideation/suicide.

In contrast, despite saying in her new book there are “a handful” of recipes if you search thermos flask (actual number 0 unless you count “freshly boiled hot water”) and for it supposedly being a cheap recipe blog, there are a mere 7 recipes tagged “lunch”. The first of these is salad bag pesto though, so that “mere 7” is probably a positive.

Indeed, the biggest focus of Bootstrap Cook’s free cheap recipe blog (with tip jar)?
B97C6BDC-E489-4F1E-B16D-DE3720C5012D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
A bit of a mither cos I may be being stupid here but, if you're going to eat the veg peelings anyway, why peel the veg in the first place? Why not just scrub them and eat them unpeeled? Thats what I do. Why bother saving up nearly half a kilo of peelings? How many 🥕 do you need to make half a kilo of peelings? I just can't make sense of it?
Yes and where do you store them until you’ve got enough to make your slop? Do you just empty your food waste bin out when it’s full? (Jack, DO NOT steal my idea! WARNED)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
🚨FRIDGE PLUGGED IN KLAXON 🚨
View attachment 1894306View attachment 1894307
Still despite overflowing with such bounty and gratitude, she still can’t help also shoehorning suicide attempts into this post though.

I actually just was doing a really perfunctory search of her blog and there are AT LEAST 15 different posts where she references multiple (by differing means) suicide attempts/suicidal ideation/suicide.

In contrast, despite saying in her new book there are “a handful” of recipes if you search thermos flask (actual number 0 unless you count “freshly boiled hot water”) and for it supposedly being a cheap recipe blog, there are a mere 7 recipes tagged “lunch”. The first of these is salad bag pesto though, so that “mere 7” is probably a positive.

Indeed, the biggest focus of Bootstrap Cook’s free cheap recipe blog (with tip jar)?
Is the chicken still in it though...?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ninnies, I am applying for jobs and you are providing great relief in the laugh stakes. She might be a narc, but you are spinning comedy gold from it. Thankspaceyou.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Sadly I agree. We won't be seeing that blog 🥺
Unless Nigella relents and tweets something like 'This is SUCH an important conversation. Only a maverick like Jack could tackle this so fearlessly. Please, please take the time to read and digest this thread I beg of you'.
But it really looks like Nigella has finally cut Jack adrift.
That must sting.

🤭
I wonder if Nigella's blocked her number now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Is Jack no longer non binary?

Eta: genuine question and maybe a little snark. I don't understand it and hoping a more in the know Frau could help. But the use of "our" in relation to "women" to me indicates the ownership of that gender?
She’s a woman today but was non-binary last weekend:
EA7EB72F-3C10-406D-9F7F-D1B506C49D21.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
This is so unfair! There's not even a spot for it in my tesco 🍉 I'm starting to think I'll never be able to stand there laughing at it irl
Despite her FORENSICALLY split 50/50 UK/US audience, I sadly haven’t seen it in s single shop 🇺🇸 (or “store” as y’all’s Transatlantic Cousins like to call them) in these here parts.

Seems wrong, cruel almost, to deprive half her fan base of the opportunity to maim themselves and eat laboriously prepared unoriginal slop just because there’s a big SEA between us.

Unless…when she said her audience was 50/50 US and UK and that’s why she’d used BIPOC re poverty “In the UK” she was LYING??
E118AD1C-40BA-4E31-A1E5-CD072B417360.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.