Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, just want to clarify that the PDA post was one she 'liked' rather than one she wrote herself.
Well then, šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø recollections may vary. People change!! Iā€™ll rescind my peripatetic rant at Jack about PDA, letā€™s just re-label it as an instruction for her not to start spouting about it. Warned.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
"Inexpensive but lovely places to stay, that are accessible by public transport and amenable to large bouncy dogs..."

Wasn't she asking for this back in the summer? And then proceeded to do the square root of sod all with her poor boy. She's had his entire childhood to share experiences with him but instead chose to duck off with her endless parade of short-term partners to America, Cyprus, Venice, Spain, and duck-knows-where else, now he's almost a teenager and won't want to do as much with his mum, she wants to make up for lost time?

"Budget tight" after the "I spunked tens of thousands on sideboards" revelations...really!?

And sure, it's the people calling her to account for her decade-long campaign of lies and grifting affecting him now, not mamapapa's array of addictions, exposure to her monthly mental health crises and suicide attempts, a revolving door of parent figures, bullying/ostracisation at school due to the completely inappropriate stuff she shares online, et bleeping cetera.

Why is she such a massive bleep

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
After being cooped up (because heckin big downsize) in a one bedroom flat with his mother, the almost teen boy is being taken for a blissful and much needed escape. To a tent. With his mother.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
Well then, šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø recollections may vary. People change!! Iā€™ll rescind my peripatetic rant at Jack about PDA, letā€™s just re-label it as an instruction for her not to start spouting about it. Warned.
Don't rescind it! I thought that even by liking it, it's clear she's going to keep it in her back pocket as some sort of excuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
"Inexpensive but lovely places to stay, that are accessible by public transport and amenable to large bouncy dogs..."

Wasn't she asking for this back in the summer? And then proceeded to do the square root of sod all with her poor boy. She's had his entire childhood to share experiences with him but instead chose to duck off with her endless parade of short-term partners to America, Cyprus, Venice, Spain, and duck-knows-where else, now he's almost a teenager and won't want to do as much with his mum, she wants to make up for lost time?

"Budget tight" after the "I spunked tens of thousands on sideboards" revelations...really!?

And sure, it's the people calling her to account for her decade-long campaign of lies and grifting affecting him now, not mamapapa's array of addictions, exposure to her monthly mental health crises and suicide attempts, a revolving door of parent figures, bullying/ostracisation at school due to the completely inappropriate stuff she shares online, et bleeping cetera.

Why is she such a massive bleep
Not sure how, dear heart, but you forgot Dordrecht šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I have mentioned this on another thread recently but I have to say (and this is very much rhetoric because we all know why) WHY does she not get a cheap pair of flights to somewhere like Denmark or any Scandi country (Denmark has cheap flights to Legoland and there is oodles of opportunity to do other things there too). It would be vastly cheaper than training up to northern Scotland and itā€™s so very quick too.

Utterly baffling. (And yes, I know itā€™s all about Twitter deflection and engagement figures and itā€™s not going to happen either way). šŸ˜³šŸ˜ 
Not allowed out of the country with her, is he?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Wild camping in winter? In Scotland? With arthritis? With a massive dog? With a 12 year old?

Without a car?

Tool.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 156
I would genuinely assume it was a Mormon, Amish or Hasidic book designed to help housewives with large families. The manic grin also gives off a creepy evangelical vibe which would be off putting even if I was curious.
Nailed it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Iā€™ve looked, 9+ hours, seems ideal for an imaginary weekend away
Itā€™s also a recipe for disaster verging on cruelty for even an old boy, never mind a young bouncy puppy. My10 year old fluffy friend is a really good traveller - loves looking out of the window, but he needs a break after 1 hour max and we havenā€™t taken him over to Europe because of that reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
A long weekend to the north of Scotland. She clearly has no idea how long it takes to get there and back.
Especially not if you need to walk a huge bouncy dog for a couple of hours each day. How will that even work?
Friday: up at 6am, walk dog for an hour or so, get to station and onto train by 8.30am maybe?
Get west coast mainline from London and maybe if it all goes smoothly be in Edinburgh by lunchtime. Walk dog round Edinburgh and maybe get another couple of hours of train in before stopping for evening long dog walk and bnb overnight.

Saturday: travel up to ā€œnorth Scotlandā€ if train connections and bouncy dog walks allow.

Sunday: do Saturdayā€™s trip in reverse.

Monday: do Friday in reverse.

Except it would have to be a 3-day weekend or SB will be off school. Half term in Feb is usually only a week.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Riiiiight Jack and Content will be grand on a 8 hour journey incl at least 3/4 changes. Dumbass
You can go all the way to Thurso on the train - 13h56min from Southend, with 5 changes. Ā£558.30 for 1 adult + 1 child booked a couple of months in advance. Enjoy, Jack!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.