Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it EVER stops raining I might walk to the local garden centre and check because I'm very bored of WFH today
Silly arseholes have closed 40 minutes early cos of a leak. Will have to walk back home via the lovely burger wagon round the corner. The SACRIFICES I make!

Reactions: 50
In her defence, that could have been during the 2013 frivolous behaviour period ?

Reactions: 19
one of her trolls thinks this jack, I think they are linked to her by the following

like they're praising her but given it's her 7th book (as she likes to remind us) these sales are poor

ETA - guess that's one way to look at top 10

Reactions: 105
Just listened to B&R. They take her DOWN! Shame this is subscribers only. But nothing new to us, just GK and The Guardian article.
I've just listened to it. Nothing new in terms of info but I always find the reactions of people less familiar with Jack to her nonsense quite funny. My favourite line in the whole thing was "she's not only a grifter but a particularly gross one".

ETA: A few belters from a squig who is listening to the podcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 79
Those sales numbers are horrendous. Well I think they are. Are we sure this post isn’t trolling Jack?

I've just listened to it. Nothing new in terms of info but I always find the reactions of people less familiar with Jack to her nonsense quite funny. My favourite line in the whole thing was "she's not only a grifter but a particularly gross one".
Yes I was sad they didn’t focus a bit more on Jack’s spending all the money in booze and trammies. They don’t like her so I hope they come back to her again.

Reactions: 44
Reactions: 47
Those sales numbers are horrendous. Well I think they are. Are we sure this post isn’t trolling Jack?
Hmm, not sure but would it be trolling if they have access to sales figures? they are saying those sales are just up to Friday and the bulk of the newspaper stuff was in fact after that - these numbers are before the Guardian special and there's been all those paid ads in the other papers

Okay, they replied to Andy - a troll with access to book sales?

Last edited:
Reactions: 29

A squig has had this comment rejected on the Metro comments section. VILE TROLL. WARNED.

Reactions: 97
I know it’s impossible to make a stew look like haute cuisine but for comparison here’s my slow cooker chicken, veg and barley broth I’m just serving up with Yorkshires & carrot swede mash for my Harold and two Small People. Where’s my book?! Pls send patreonos.

Reactions: 67
Less than 2k copies? Jesus, that's dire.
View attachment 1877260

Must all be the fault of the trolls. WARNED.
BIB. Wow, that's shocking. We at tattle know how bad the book is, many folks on twitter now know how bad the recipes are and they know about her grifting but there more folks out there in the wild who know none of this stuff.

Many, many folks will be strolling the supermarket or book shops and see a brightly coloured book plastered with the word thrifty. In a crisis of living it shows how utterly shite the book is that these people are flicking through it and still not buying it!

Reactions: 40
I was *lured* by the Mormon missionaries when I were a lass. They promised
Coca Cola floats and I ended up with a fuzzy felt board, Joseph Smith and the angles!

Reactions: 44
After much ferreting I found poor Nims waiting for her book

what horrible fraus we are!

Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.