Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never seems to take him anywhere. Any time she goes away, her son is left behind (Edinburgh, Venice etc). All the caravan trips/Butlins etc. were organised by his dad. And yet she doesn’t even stretch to the occasional day trip with the poor kid. And I’d bet anything this “long weekend” to Scotland doesn’t happen.

Reactions: 47
Imagine if THAT MANS book or DW book got “banned” she’d be all over that. Horrible nasty cow
How is she not mortally ashamed of that? Sure, it's not been banned forever - but the squig didn't say that, did they?

Perhaps they should have worded it "refused by the Trussell Trust until it's been amended" - but that's still pretty fucking embarrassing, isn't it? A long term partner organisation, who've gone out of their way many times to help put out fires that you've started. An organisation that's played the starring role in your book's publicity campaign. And they've had to refuse delivery of 1,000 copies until hastily-arranged amendments are made because you fucked up, Jack.

And now you're bickering about it on Twitter - drawing further attention to your humiliation and to the chaos you've caused. Why? What good can possibly come of doing that?

Reactions: 48
I dunno, if I’d written a book which talked down to “The Poors”, made ridiculous assumptions about how people live and gave potentially dangerous advice which resulted in a charity not being able to use the books (which were promised to boost my own sales figures) I probably wouldn’t be gaslighting people, doing David Cameron style “calm down dear” clapbacks or snarky little laughing emojis about my own shite work. But that’s just me.

I’d also try and write something that more than 2000 people wanted to buy, but again, just me.

Reactions: 53
Fair point, well made

Reactions: 21
I sometimes wonder if she is allowed to take him away by herself?.....

Reactions: 24
Jack doesn’t NEED to do things, she just needs to say she’s doing things.
- VBI
-campaigning
- refunding patreons
- taking SB away
- working 20 hours a day
- working hard on the book
Etc etc

It’s unbelievable that someone who has made a career as a ‘single parent’ barely parents at all.

Reactions: 50
She doesn't take him anywhere.
Last summer the park with her shopping trolley was the only one I can recall.
Never daytrips to London. Never theme parks like Legoland or Harry Potter world. He sounds a bright little boy and she never takes him to the amazing FREE museums in London. I would love to have a curious, bright 12 year old again to have so much fun with. Instead she choses to waste time dicking around constantly and moaning.

Reactions: 55
Can we do a ‘check in here’ poll on the new thread please? I'd like to know if there’s more readers here than Grifty got!

Reactions: 60
Well, Friday is going swimmingly for Jack isn't it? Ending the week on a high. TOOT TOOT.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.