Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SendReceive

VIP Member
She bought her son a map for Christmas.
That is the most bleak thing I've ever heard. Poor kid.
“J, let’s stick some pins it to show which places I, er, we, have been to. Venice. Dordrecht. Edinburgh. Ireland. Oh and Butlins with you”.

J: 😢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

SendReceive

VIP Member
Back to the “wild camping in Scotland”, Jack Monroe at the Edinburgh Book Festival:

“I have chronic pain in my joints, especially in cold and damp weather”.

This was immediately before she claimed that she “goes into anaphylactic shock when stressed”, so perhaps it should be taken with a JCB shovel of salt.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 58

MancBee

VIP Member
I would like to respectfully disagree as I saw an amazing display in December, in a country beginning with 'G'. But nevertheless I v much doubt you're going to see them in Scotland (otherwise we'd all be up there already).
Must have been a better show in December. My mate came back from Tromso last Sunday. He said they saw much better in Oulu in Finland last year at Christmas.

ETA I hate the cold, so I will never see them. If anyone offers a free trip I SHAN'T go.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I have mentioned this on another thread recently but I have to say (and this is very much rhetoric because we all know why) WHY does she not get a cheap pair of flights to somewhere like Denmark or any Scandi country (Denmark has cheap flights to Legoland and there is oodles of opportunity to do other things there too). It would be vastly cheaper than training up to northern Scotland and it’s so very quick too.

Utterly baffling. (And yes, I know it’s all about Twitter deflection and engagement figures and it’s not going to happen either way). 😳😠
Not allowed out of the country with her, is he?

• Sad
  • Haha

Lazarus

VIP Member
I’ve got the afternoon off work. I’m just putting the kettle on in a minute and sitting down to enjoy EIGHT blog posts from Jack. 4 a week, wasn’t it?

• Haha

SendReceive

VIP Member
B4A59A7B-3585-4198-8BB1-15E1E8C3EB60.jpeg

What, is this imaginary friend going to drive to Yorkshire to collect Content from a train station when it turns out to be impractical because they can’t last the 9 hour train journey without taking a piss?

Last edited:
  • Haha

NellieBoo

VIP Member
The quote is still on the cover of the published book but it's missing from some of the publicity photos.

If I were a betting frau, I would say he's softly, gently cancelling her, not by a big public spat, but just quietly, behind the scenes. I'd further say it was something to do with the literary festival in September where he was supposed to interview her, she turned up hours late, and they had to fill in the gap with interviewing someone from a local foodie business who happened to be in the audience.

He hasn't interacted with her on Twitter since then, anyway.
It was Josh Eggleton who filled in when Jack was late to the Bristol Festival. He's a local chef and as a local frau 🍉 it struck me as odd that Jay didn't ask Josh in the first fucking place. He helped set up all sorts of stuff, particularly during lockdowns. I believe he was actually working at the festival doing the hospitality food. Jay was very lucky he was there!

• Heart
Reactions: 56

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Think of all the experiences SB could have had if it wasn’t for thousands upon thousands of pounds worth of expensive branded goods.

this makes me soFUCKING angry. So many of us on here either had a parent or parents who went without so much for us - or are doing it in the present for their own kids. And this Narc from Hell is mining this shit for likes and money, while doing the bareFUCKING minimum with that boy. 😞

• Heart
  • Angry

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
I’m stunned that supermarkets have bought it tbh. I can understand indies with a strong Twitter presence fulfilling preorders for the liberal rage nans and pervy dads but every photo we’ve seen of them in the wild is a fully stocked shelf with other titles sold out?

A different industry but ime buying is cut throat, like a few bad buys and you’re outtaaahere so god help whatever good intentioned fool did it.
I worked in an adjacent industry in the mid-2000s, and back then the supermarkets would insist on being able to return unsold stock for a full refund no matter what condition it was in. If the same is true today, it means it's only really an opportunity cost for them - they could have used the shelf space for something that would've generated more sales.

• Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
This is after saying to the same squig “You’ve had quite enough of my time now, goodnight.”

View attachment 1878311
The thing is with the well meaning squigs asking about baths of coins, it plays into the ‘people pick at her over nothing’ or ‘taken out of context’ angle. Squig, ask her why she treats her son like shit m, and how she’s spent £156,000 on crap (confirmed) but needs to take her son on a budget weekend to get over the trauma of being her child.

NellieBoo

VIP Member
I swear I just read a tweet that said she was a private landlady. I'm getting so confused. I think I've inhaled the gas. I have to confess though, I am LOVING seeing the receipts popping up all over the place. I think we may see that old attitude by the morning lads.
I think the evil/amazing landlordlady rents the shitty/gorgeous bungamansion through a letting agent.

I don't know what's she's on about the agent refusing to let her change the contract. The agent works for the property owner. They'll do what the owner says for their fee!

• Haha
  • Heart

DragonBoy

Wild camping in winter? In Scotland? With arthritis? With a massive dog? With a 12 year old?

Without a car?

Tool.
This made me think of this:
Baldrick: “Hire you a horse? For ninepence? On Jewish New Year in the rain? A bare fortnight after the dreaded horse plague of Old London Town? With the blacksmith's strike in its 15th week and the Dorset Horse Fetishist's Fair tomorrow?” 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
I wonder if she’ll at least get some sales when it’s the only new cook book on the shelves, everything else having sold out.

Who would buy her fictional autobiography now?! Surely the offer will be pulled. She’ll get the advance, write a chapter about how she was born in a stable by the glow of a solar lamp and as soon as she was birthed there was a rare night rainbow and it snowed in June and then write nothing more for a year.

I look forward to the ebook only release in 2027 🤣

• Haha

Emmapism

VIP Member
Coming on for a point of order to say, Foghorn Beghorn was not my work! Unless I thought of it in a fugue state and have forgotten?

Sad to say I do not know which Frau coined the term so please show yourself and collect your lols you funny fucker x

• Haha
  • Heart