Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question. Why does she only signpost certain bits of press? Why not this latest flurry of good pieces about her?!
My theory about this is that she doesn't want to be perceived as bragging and/or thinks it'd be beneath her to have to draw attention to those articles herself, so she waits for the squigs to tweet any positive press along with gushing praise about how wonderful she is, then she can modestly dismiss it with an "oh, but I'm really just a humble working-class tattooed immigrant pixie with ouchy mouth and brain weasels". She tries for self-deprecation a lot, the problem is she's so inept that it usually comes off as extremely disingenuous - not helped by the fact that it's ❄inexplicably❄ interspersed with random thot shots and outbursts about how incredible she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Me rail but not sure I can keep on following. Currently wearing my povvo jumper I have owned for over 10 years from tesco, Jeans my mum gave me , and my kids bblankets. Skint and a but lost. I hate feeling this empty, want to delete myself from my own life feeling, and meanwhile she is grinning about being an addict that fleeced their fanbase.

She wont ever get truly cancelled.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 129
Complex PTSD Frau here. If she's wobbling on about how her stint with food banks and bailiffs caused this for her, she needs to piss right off.

31FB93B2-03C7-4E44-B44B-896E0FB60BBC.jpeg

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
There's no way she can have bought a new tweed jacket for 'about £14' unless she has access to a time machine with the dial set to the early 1970s. And, if she does, she should tweet about that because it'd be several billion times more interesting.
Much as I have no intention of defending JM, whose fat face jumped out at me from my early morning copy of "Metro" this week (why are they giving this grifting chancer so much publicity?) I need to point out that I recently bought a brand spanking new (to me), very posh tweed jacket, for the princely sum of £18 (free postage) from ebay. It's bloody gorgeous and I got compliments every time I wore it.
Unfortunately, I packed up smoking a few months ago and now I'm too fat to wear it 😭😭. I should probably buy one of Jack's "cookery" books, I need some recipes to stop me from stuffing my face 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I wouldn't be too hard on the CHRONIC PTSD claims - I'm sure the horrors aggressively reassert themselves like new every afternoon when she wakes up and remembers who she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
That ‘Champion of the People’ article is the biggest pile of wank I’ve ever read. I’m cringing inside out imagining her putting on a disguise to go and help at the food bank (didn’t happen) in case she gets swamped by adoring povs asking for autographs. She’s not a celebrity, most people who aren’t on Twitter barely know who she is. Can’t wait for her to become actually famous though in a few years when they make a documentary about what a scamming bleep she is 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Unless its from a spendy organic veg delivery box. C'mon every pov home gers them

But she wouldn't exaggerate word it clumsily
In my experience the more expensive and organic the veg, the more the soil clings. And if it doesn't,, then no need to peel.

I think I am having an aneurysm. The idea of serving up a pile of pesticide infected carrot peelings makes me feel sick.

Edited cos chaos

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Do we think she even remembers the truth at this point? She was a bit skint for about 8 months. Suddenly it’s permanent damage and chronic ptsd from being poor? How the duck does she think the rest of us coped with it?!!!?
And she has literally just added that mould and she can duck RIGHT OFF.
She always tells on herself. Because unlike the rest of us "It wasn't supposed to happen to me!"...and she has never gotten over the injustice of it

Reactions: 39
My theory about this is that she doesn't want to be perceived as bragging and/or thinks it'd be beneath her to have to draw attention to those articles herself, so she waits for the squigs to tweet any positive press along with gushing praise about how wonderful she is, then she can modestly dismiss it with an "oh, but I'm really just a humble working-class tattooed immigrant pixie with ouchy mouth and brain weasels". She tries for self-deprecation a lot, the problem is she's so inept that it usually comes off as extremely disingenuous - not helped by the fact that it's ❄inexplicably❄ interspersed with random thot shots and outbursts about how incredible she is.
I wonder if it's something to do with whether the article is promoting her, as opposed to "merely" promoting her work. I mean, she clearly hates her work, so doesn't want to engage with the low-grade puff pieces about it.

But when it's a piece centred more directly on her favourite subject - herself - then she'll be much keener to draw everyone's attention to it.

And, actually, this Positive News piece is a bit in the middle... so perhaps she'll mention it in passing?

Reactions: 28
That ‘Champion of the People’ article is the biggest pile of wank I’ve ever read. I’m cringing inside out imagining her putting on a disguise to go and help at the food bank (didn’t happen) in case she gets swamped by adoring povs asking for autographs. She’s not a celebrity, most people who aren’t on Twitter barely know who she is. Can’t wait for her to become actually famous though in a few years when they make a documentary about what a scamming bleep she is 🤭
So she's saying the povs would only recognise their saviour by her tatts and without them she's just Jackie from the block?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I see she didn't decide to tone down the lies after recent controversy then? Just turned the lie dial right up 😂.

Wonder what her mum thinks about some of the blatant lies, like being expelled at 16? Her mum is active on twitter and Jack's lies are shared everywhere 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Complex PTSD Frau here. If she's wobbling on about how her stint with food banks and bailiffs caused this for her, she needs to piss right off.

View attachment 1873930
If Jack is telling the truth (she isn't) about having CPTSD because she had to claim benefits for a bit then that only underlines what a crushing snob she is because experiencing that level of trauma about something millions experience with far less hope of an end in sight than Jack is ridiculous. In total I've claimed benefits for about two years (broken up with periods of employment), I've lived in damp housing for a number of years (largely because private landlords like Big Dave wouldn't stump up for the communal repairs). All of which affected my health to a degree but not so much that I'm still throwing tantrums about it years after these situations were over. Jack it's not trauma you're experiencing it's narc rage- seek help.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I see she didn't decide to tone down the lies after recent controversy then? Just turned the lie dial right up 😂.

Wonder what her mum thinks about some of the blatant lies, like being expelled at 16? Her mum is active on twitter and Jack's lies are shared everywhere 🤷‍♀️
It makes a mockery of her "coming clean" article in the guardian, doesn't it?

I really can't understand how she can let herself lie so often, and so cynically.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Me rail but not sure I can keep on following. Currently wearing my povvo jumper I have owned for over 10 years from tesco, Jeans my mum gave me , and my kids bblankets. Skint and a but lost. I hate feeling this empty, want to delete myself from my own life feeling, and meanwhile she is grinning about being an addict that fleeced their fanbase.

She wont ever get truly cancelled.
Maybe she won't, but we're here to remind her that not every one is cheering... Were the people stood at the back, watching, the ones she can't take her eyes off because we're the ones that have our arms folded and eyebrows raised every time she speaks.

We see you Monroe... We know..

And your empty hollow life will always be empty and hollow until you refund, apologise and tell the truth..

All we need is a mask like Anonymous.. but nicer, with some ribbon and glitter...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.