Jack Monroe #458 This addled lie factory is on another level

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question for those of you who have been here a long time: how does she not just depress the duck out of you to the point of despair? I’ve been active for about 6 or 7 threads and i’ve had it with her. It’s not good the soul; I feel I need to switch off from her. You are all way more resilient than me! I’m a wee ❄ in the grand scheme of it all.
It is depressing but we get gaslightkomfort from our fellow fraus.

Reactions: 37
Question for those of you who have been here a long time: how does she not just depress the duck out of you to the point of despair? I’ve been active for about 6 or 7 threads and i’ve had it with her. It’s not good the soul; I feel I need to switch off from her. You are all way more resilient than me! I’m a wee ❄ in the grand scheme of it all.
You do tend to go through phases with TBOCH*, I know exactly what you mean, I’ve despaired at her awfulness and got very frustrated and depressed at the sheer extent of her vile behaviour and the thought that that nothing will ever change.
BUT then you get a second wind, things calm down and the funny side of it and the ninnies messing about make it all more than worthwhile.

*The boring old coke hag

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Her ASD bollocks is so offensive. I know I’m not the only one here with children on the spectrum and it’s a battle everyday. I’m a little teary today as my daughters EHCP has finally been granted, it’s been a long road! Solidarity fellow parents ❤
My youngest has ASD, and we’re awaiting a decision on an EHCP. It’s such a long, difficult, emotional, soul destroying process and I spend the vast majority of my time worrying about him and his future. For her to throw it around so casually and weaponise it like she does makes me so angry (and sad). Well done on getting the EHCP! Solidarity.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I think Jack herself posted a photo of one of her spenny desks piled with (alleged) Patreon postcards. No guarantee, though, that those weren't just piles of blank card with a single printed card placed on top....
Or she got to the post office found out the postage costs and binned them thinking the grown up who’d made her package them up would never know? Thinking the photo would cover her back?

Reactions: 30
You know why she’s sticking a stock cube in everything - she bought a fuckton of them from Approved Foods a while back. All well out of date and softly, gently decomposing in their foil wrappers 🤢. I expect there’s a couple of cartons of them packed up for the Hecking Big Move.
Receipts

Screenshot_20230110-210657_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20230110-210854_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Fraus, at severe risk to my marriage I showed my Neapolitan adjacent (but better not be bleep adjacent) Haroldo the sex worker sauce recipe. He didn‘t say a word whilst reading, just emitted strangled gasps of horror, coupled with a variety of increasingly agitated hand gestures. He was FEWMIN. After a moment’s pause, he decided, as did a previous ninny that you’d be better off getting a jar of Dolmio. I can only underscore the revulsion he must feel for this recipe by saying not once in 28 years together has he allowed a single jar of readymade pasta sauce cross our threshold. WARNED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
My youngest has ASD, and we’re awaiting a decision on an EHCP. It’s such a long, difficult, emotional, soul destroying process and I spend the vast majority of my time worrying about him and his future. For her to throw it around so casually and weaponise it like she does makes me so angry (and sad). Well done on getting the EHCP! Solidarity.
Its so tough, I worry for her future all the time but she reminds me to live in the present. It will come, this national backlog is a bugger. Everything crossed for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Or she got to the post office found out the postage costs and binned them thinking the grown up who’d made her package them up would never know? Thinking the photo would cover her back?
As we well know, with Jack, anything is possible....

Reactions: 14
I’m creating my own chaos but bleeping scampering to Tesco. Why can’t she walk like a normal person 😡

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Been here since the start, sometimes I dip out a bit but can keep up by reading the 'most liked' posts; see the tab at the top of the page!

The humour and support on here is what I like. This thread has people from so many backgrounds with so many experiences and we can all get along. I have learnt from others and been challenged in my thinking too.

It can be easy to live in a bubble of people that are from a similar background or have the same views and experiences. This thread makes me think about situations from other people's points of view.

A tiny example was the frau who mentioned donating quality goods and treats to food banks not just picking the basic range. I've since done that and generally been more thoughtful about my privilege.

I've also bought cookbooks on others recommendations and through lockdowns I was grateful for and enjoyed the camaraderie. This is where the positively comes in and is what keeps me here!

I also stick around on tattle because I despise the influencer culture. I loathe the grifters online, I hate the fake lifestyles and constant ads. I worry about the number of young woman going into debt to keep up with what they see online. I worry about the lack of privacy of children whose childhood is being sold.

But I see with Jack the tide is turning. I like that it isn't 'just me' who sees through it and others on here recognise the other issues that the influencer culture brings.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk now duck off.

*I also lighten the mood by following Cleaning with Mario- truly a hilarious thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 113
If she had an ounce of sense she'd have identified the biggest stans on her subscribers list, sent them their rewards so they'd coo all over Twitter about it. Then picked out the most vocal haterz and sent theirs to shut them up and probably got away with saying she'd sent them to everyone. It's so typical of Jack to be too lazy to grift properly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I found it more frustrating in the early days I think. She had zero criticism from anywhere, if anyone did try and say the slightest thing negative about her they just got piled on and hounded off twitter 🤷‍♀️. It was just us, spotting all the lies and bad behaviour and everyone else just labelled us trolls/bullies/mavens etc (I'd forgotten about mavens 🤭) and stuck their fingers in their ears. Now it's different, and yes it's still depressing at times, but when you look back, there's been huge progress. Plus when it gets frustrating that she's being given more undeserved opportunities and she's giving it Billy big balls toot toot - take heart, she'll run away with herself again and duck it all up! She does every time. And each time, more people see her for what she is, and that's where we are now.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
This is a good question and we’ll each have different answers to it.

for me, the reason I’m not depressed by it enough to disengage is kind of divided into two things.

First, Jack herself. I knew her a bit for a while, and I know plenty of people who have known her since. It doesn’t depress me that she’s never going to have what she really truly wants, which is popularity and respect. When I knew her she was (and I’m sorry because I know this is going to come across bitchy but I’m TIRED and don’t have the brainpower spare to parse it in a non-bitchy way) a social reject, desperate to be part of the popular crowd, desperate to be seen/accepted as a creative. Southend had and still has a thriving arts and music scene, which Jack was always trying to wedge herself into but failing because she wasn’t any good at what she wanted to do, and she wasn’t nice/likeable enough to be accepted into that scene despite having no real talent in the fields, like moi and certain other friends who were also lacking in that sort of talent or skill. What we lacked in creative ability we made up in humour or warmth or whatever. She didn’t get a pass for any of that because she didn’t have any of that. She’s never evolved past wanting to be popular, but nobody else cared about popularity in the first place never mind now. I’d probably feel sorry for her if she wasn’t grifting so much money out of people. But however much money she’s grifted and spunked, it won’t make her happy, and she hasn’t got it in her to actually do the hard work - reflect and grow and become a good (and happy) person. She’s just going to continue pretending about everything in her life, instead of living a real and genuine and worthwhile life. It’s sad. But also, she’s a bleep so it’s more “look at what a sad example this is” than ”oh I feel sad for her”.

Second, and I know I do go on about this aspect a bit but bear with me: the phenomenon of Jack Monroe, how she arose to this level of fame (and stuff like how she was ever considered credible enough to give “evidence” to Parliament ffs 🤯) is just absolutely bloody fascinating. The media didn’t create her but they grew her. Journalism and social studies and whatnot is so far out of my wheelhouse that it might as well be in the Antarctic, but regardless I’m thinking about pitching a PhD on the topic of Jack Monroe and the wholly distorted media lens on social class that magnified her to his extent 😂 Of course I’d have a challenge to find a supervisor who wasn’t part of the problem in the first place, never mind funding. (Plus, I’m a bit of a gobshite who sounds kind of like Stacey Solomon, so I’m not really a natural fit for academia. Plus, actual single mum so can’t afford a PhD, but anyway a girl can dream. I won’t be at all upset if any lurkers or Frauen take my research idea forward for themselves! 😉)

• Heart
Reactions: 127
ahhhh tit, just thought, it’s Tuesday night and she’s not been going bat tit tweeting, does this mean poor SB is getting those eels 😩😭

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Yeah I’ve been dipping in and out (more out than in up until recently when grifty kitch dropped) for about 5 months now because I just find the whole SB thing really depressing.
I generally dip out whenever she starts banging on about him because I just feel so sad for him. She’s such a horrible mother and it’s so obvious that she just uses him as a prop for her ‘wc single mother’ shtick, but otherwise sees him as a burden. The relationship she has with him seems pretty emotionally incestuous at times as well and it makes me feel deeply uncomfortable.
You just know that kid is gonna grow up and have issues from the way she treated him and it’s so utterly miserable to watch it happening in real time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Nigella loves a salt pig, used to sell them when she had her own kitchen range…

EDIT: I see someone’s pointed out they have one of Nigellas pigs 😁 She also featured them quite often in her programmes IIRC. I don’t understand why Nigella isn’t freaked out by Jack’s creepy imitation of her writing, recipes (well attempted imitation), cookbooks etc. it’s so blatant and cringe
Nigella>Jack>Wonky>a turd

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Fraus, at severe risk to my marriage I showed my Neapolitan adjacent (but better not be bleep adjacent) Haroldo the sex worker sauce recipe. He didn‘t say a word whilst reading, just emitted strangled gasps of horror, coupled with a variety of increasingly agitated hand gestures. He was FEWMIN. After a moment’s pause, he decided, as did a previous ninny that you’d be better off getting a jar of Dolmio. I can only underscore the revulsion he must feel for this recipe by saying not once in 28 years together has he allowed a single jar of readymade pasta sauce cross our threshold. WARNED.
🦉🦉🦉🦉 because I have Neapolitan blood and can picture this very scene 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
As uncomfortable as talking about someone else’s weight makes me, I feel I have to say that just because your body looks a certain way at a certain weight, that doesn’t mean she’s lying. People carry weight very differently and can have hugely varying body compositions.
Dense things, unruly labs.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.