Jack Monroe #457 She paused her degree but not her Patreon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting how she can sleep through coingate, and when she wakes up, she’ll ignore it all and will go for an account weak enough for a pile on :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
I've found my aneurism. I was telling my OH about why she's a disgrace.

Her buying street trams while SB buys his own sausages.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
3 Jack recipes posted to the metro an hour ago. Pictures credited to Patricia Niven so these could be straight from the pages of Thrifty Kitchen potentially

Bread and jam ice cream
View attachment 1870149

Sardinesca
View attachment 1870159

BLACK AND CHEESE!!!
View attachment 1870152

(Remember the post it notes and we were all trying decipher her handwriting and what black/block & cheese could be? Simpler times 🤣)
I wonder if she’ll kick off about being in the Metro…

A9CB785F-6587-40AD-AEF2-A227170DD90E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I think this is the time that someone really needs to do a financial deep dive into all her schemes such as the tipjar, kickstarter, etc as it's clear that it's not drugs as she has stated that part of the behaviour was done while sober so it shows more nefarious intent in my view...

ETA: also I think this is important as it seems she is twisting it round to 'humourous experience/recipe tips' rather than the focus which should be on the money.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Walri, me and the dog are coming as a Walri- me and fuzz face are but smol pixies so probs could only manage to be v smol Walri but we are willing to make the effort. Unless we fall asleep. On the bed. Upstairs. Where we don’t go because we are ouchy …

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Who the hell wants to eat Bread and Jam Ice Cream? Just eat the effing bread and jam.
EXCUSE ME, if you would read the introduction you'd UNDERSTAND that mere bread and jam gives Jack terrible PTSD flashbacks to the POVERTY and her THERAPIST suggested she deal with that and REFRAME IT as part of her HEALING PROCESS!!!!

Also wrt that recipe, she says "a pinch of vanilla" - I had no idea you could get vanilla powder so I looked online and apparently you can but it's ridiculously expensive. Why is she suggesting this instead of vanilla essence, is it because she ~pinched~ the recipe too?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
3 Jack recipes posted to the metro an hour ago. Pictures credited to Patricia Niven so these could be straight from the pages of Thrifty Kitchen potentially

Bread and jam ice cream
View attachment 1870149

Sardinesca
View attachment 1870159

BLACK AND CHEESE!!!
View attachment 1870152

(Remember the post it notes and we were all trying decipher her handwriting and what black/block & cheese could be? Simpler times 🤣)
Jack and her inability to use words appropriately again…

DAD130C7-6778-4797-9722-FCFB2DEF302C.png

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I reckon the returns must be subtracted from the sales total. Surely #463 for a book released 4 days ago is an absolute disaster?

Also the coin chaos is absolutely blowing my mind. Usually I can understand why she had lied about something, but this is absolute bleeping madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
She's awake (obviously she might pass out until 2pm after this)! She's liked this in the past 15 minutes or so.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 07.47.25.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
EXCUSE ME, if you would read the introduction you'd UNDERSTAND that mere bread and jam gives Jack terrible PTSD flashbacks to the POVERTY and her THERAPIST suggested she deal with that and REFRAME IT as part of her HEALING PROCESS!!!!

Also wrt that recipe, she says "a pinch of vanilla" - I had no idea you could get vanilla powder so I looked online and apparently you can but it's ridiculously expensive. Why is she suggesting this instead of vanilla essence, is it because she ~pinched~ the recipe too?
Yeah, I liked Andy's comments about her vague recipes. It's not just because she is a bad writer, it's because she can't be arsed to actually develop recipes and hates food (tripple tested my arse)

Reactions: 39
This has moved me almost to tears @Walkdengirl
I grew up in poverty (and with trauma, abuse, care system and the rest of it) and was very lucky to have been shown many kindnesses by adults over the years that have never left me. Friends parents welcoming me round the dinner table, taking me on holiday, letting me outstay my welcome, buying me a treat, giving me advice and guidance. And I'm convinced that those kindnesses helped me to hold on and work towards creating a thankfully much happiet adulthood.
My whole entire life now is based around trying to be that kindness for other people, in small and big ways. I just remember how much it meant when life was so bleak.

And THAT is why I hate JM. I can see through her straight away. Most people who've had a hard time (and I know many) talk a lot about their privileges and how lucky they've been in many ways. I've never heard her say anything remotely like that.

Our stories have left scars on us, and we have had to work twice as hard to get ourselves from the gutter than other people and that is why I'll never forgive her, or overlook her smol pixie adorkable antics because THIS has been my reality and it hurts, and how dare you take our stories from us?
100% this

Too short

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.