Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
That Guardian article is the thing that convinces me she's not an alcoholic in recovery or otherwise. People who drink the amounts of alcohol she claims she drank, over the length of time she claims, are NOT happy clappy, living their best life TOOT TOOT, after one week.
THIS

sorry to be a broken record, she claims to have been drinking 200 units a week. They’ve just dried my Dad out in hospital after he’d been drinking 190 a week. After two he was still on Librium and having delirium. The shakes are still there 6 weeks in and he’s been left with brain damage. It isn’t just a bit of a hangover that goes after a day or two. All he wants is wine. He’s being violent towards my mum when she won’t bring it when she visits. She’s terrified of him. And this little cosplaying moron gets a guardian column out of it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 159

RamblerOfLandandMouth

She hadn’t just come back though had she? SB was a few years old when she quit?

I’ve done FW requests, for others and myself. The one thing you have to remember is they need to be done in a timely fashion. You can’t just say ‘I want to be part time’ from next week, it can take a while to sort out.
being unreliable and having a poor sick record though does effect whether they will give you what you want, not officially, but it does.

She mentions moving to admin positions. I wonder if she was even qualified for them though.
IIRC (haven't seen my friend in years) she had SB but also had a partner who looked after him so did return from her maternity. Sometime later she split with Partner and had no childcare for nights. She wanted a job share I think but didn't have anyone to jobshare with then wanted days because of getting the train to work/nighttime childcare issues. None of that could be accommodated (it was hard enough for staff who had been there years to do this and Jack by all accounts had been there 5 mins before getting pregnant) anyway she threw her toy out and went off with stress for months and was trying to negotiate a return all of which I understand was embarrassing for Big D at the time. Then the woman in charge of control retired and some new fella came in and thought she was trouble and I think the ultimatum was, this is all that is on the table and she resigned then changed her mind and he didn't want her back....pretty sure she didn't get along with all her watch either...so I think it was a welcome relief....as I say it has been some time but those are the bits I remember her telling me. As for an admin job I think the salary was too low in comparison and she would still have to apply for it because I remember that caused some sort of situation as well but can't quite remember what. My friend would literally rage about this anytime it was suggested that Jack "lost her job" as she insinuated early on!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 130
Just clicked what irritated me most about this Viv tweet. Self describing as 'little' again. 🙄
View attachment 1842403

Jack, you are not small, little or cute. You are a grown mid thirties woman. And your body is not misshapen as well you know, it's an fairly unremarkable looking human body. Nothing of note or interest. You aren't special, and stop fishing for compliments you saddo. 🙄
'Misshapen body' smh. Tell that to people with congenital deformities, veterans with missing limbs, those with physical disabilities, post surgery survivors, burns victims and many more. Fuck off Jackunt.

ETA I don't want my post to come across as rude, it just fucks me off when Jack appropriates something that is really challenging for people in that category. She doesn't appreciate her own rude health. She is incredibly lucky to have it. I take it personally because I'm a mum and carer to two children who do have physical issues that are both congenital and post operative and require mobility aids. There are daily challenges, I dread the day they might be singled out at school for it. What Jack is doing is deeply offensive and cruel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 127

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-12-30 15.26.28.png

Not long until Andy* does his Thrifty Kitchen review, good to see him limbering up.

*Not squigged as he's a big account.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 121

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
My father is an alcoholic. I've just worked out he drinks about 140 units a week. He can't go more than a few days without a drink or he becomes very nasty and belligerent. He gets the shakes, feels really unwell and will go through around 2 packs of paracetamol for the pain (hangover I've always presumed.) So there's no way Jack was drinking 200 units a week and having a jolly old time of it after one week on the dry. She can piss right off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 114

jenny2603

VIP Member
Train driver gets me every time 🤣

Has she got the licence and done the training?
Also what if she was driving the train and this happened...

Screenshot 2022-12-30 15.39.31.png

Imagine being on a train, the lights go off, you're a bit freaked out and then from the drivers cabin you hear and almighty howl 'n' claw before BANG off flies a door. Next thing she's racing about the tunnel roaring "YOU FUCKIN' WANT SOME YOU SLAAAAAG!" and bearing her Mediterranean at the train whilst the passengers sob and say prayers in the dark carriages. No, in my view she does not have the temperament for this job or most other jobs. Sorry Jack but it's a SHUT YOUR LEGS from me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 112

That Forensic Man

VIP Member
The 7 stages of Viv (RIP) bobble grief

1. Shock - initial paralysis at hearing the bad news

firefox_MhR9hnqQjx.png

2. Denial - trying to avoid the inevitable

firefox_4Grkv55S3Q.png

3. Anger - frustrated outpouring of bottled-up emotion

firefox_DYguP2HHhq.png

4. Bargaining - seeking in vain for a way out

firefox_BOY1iC3PQP.png

5. Depression - final realisation of the inevitable

firefox_WwOICt1POC.png

6. Testing - Seeking realistic solutions

firefox_An0DxDwi9T.png

7. Acceptance - that you're next. WARNED.

firefox_um19PbxD2E.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 109

biscuitthief

Happy New Year you wonderful lot!

I've been lurking on the JM threads for a while now. I disccovered her when I was on the bones of my arse back in 2012 (I tried her 9p kidney bean burger - it was DIRE)

I work with people who are in actual poverty 🔺and her behaviour really angers me. She really has no clue. :mad:

I wish her no harm but I really hope 2023 is the year where her constant grifting, narcissism and histrionics are exposed to the masses and she quietly and gently fucks off out of the public eye for good.

Thank you for reading and thank you all for making this biscuit loving frog laugh on the darkest of days ✌

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 108

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Didn't she write how she was thankful she was sober when SB had once an asthma attack as it meant she had the wherewithal to deal with it,, suggesting she had been drunk around him previously? That may not have been during the pov, but drunk in charge of a small child is v frowned upon.
That was in Jan 2019 when the Guardian gave her a (paid) platform to extol the life-changing impact of not drinking alcohol for a week.

@streby Jack was definitely drinking alcohol during The Poverty. See the APPALLING dating profile her “friends wrote for her” (ie that she wrote herself in her very distinctive and insufferable written “voice”). Extract here, link below-it’s from Jan 2013. Also talks in Dec 2012 about being gifted wine glasses for Christmas “by a friend” and owing “her friends” loads of rounds in the pub as they’d been paying her way. All now deleted of course. (If you go to the bottom in the link you can click on other months to see those months’ posts),

448413CF-DCE7-4A6A-93F8-7861B79B55B6.jpeg

HOWEVER, ALL THAT SAID, I do not for one moment believe that Jack Monroe has ever been an alcoholic, recovering or otherwise. I’m pretty sure that given her grim defensive/aggressive/rude/needy behaviour when supposedly deadly sober (DKL for eg) and all day every day online, she’s insufferably rude and aggressive and probably even more appalling when drunk.

I think she uses the “I was an alcoholic” (she’s multiple times slipped up and used the past tense) to excuse being a complete cunt (eg to Louisa and probably myriad other poor fuckers who have to deal with her IRL personally and professionally), and now uses “I’m in recovery” as a weapon/shield against any criticism of her unethical and often appalling still-ongoing behaviour and actions.

I also don’t doubt she goes to AA meetings, but only to centre and talk about herself incessantly at an audience who literally can’t get away from her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 104

moldwarp

VIP Member
Hello lovely Frauen!! I’ve been away for a piss and a sandwich but now I’m back, boo, I guess?

I honestly and naively thought last month that Jacks Twitter silence meant that she had finally done some soul searching, sorted herself out and decided to live a quiet life free from grifting and narc gaslighting. And that these threads would softly, gently become DEAD accordingly.

The fact that I’ve been mithering about JM here since summer 2020 and STILL clearly haven’t fully grasped how shameless she can be, merely shows that I lack the maverick brilliance and imagination to fully appreciate the flagrant grifty brazenness that is Jack. Clearly I haven’t had a wild and interesting enough life.

But seriously…SHE’S STILL FUCKING DOING IT!!!! The narc thing!! Fully exposed and still trying to brazen it out!!! Whyyyyy!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103