Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title from Jenny Nums via an assist from the Archduchess. Something from Viv's (actual RIP) wardrobe for each of you.

In the last thread we got a preview of Jack's new book and it's jam-packed with truly Byronic content.

Read the Wiki, new fraus. Could this be the last thread of 2022? Thread title nominations after p30-ish and no swears.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Jack apparently received a personal invitation from Viv (RIP) to drive a tank onto David Cameron's lawn.

The canal is sceptical.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Ninnies, I did a slopalong.

Sorry x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Yes, Viv made the only dresses that Jack's misshapen 5'1.7" smol pixie has ever felt good in and that never, ever rode up to expose what is most certainly not her fanny. RIP Viv

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Reposting as forgot to squig like a BadFrau.

There were some interesting voices of reason in that thread re suing Lee Anderson so she can't say she wasn't WARNED. I wonder how many did actually send to her paypal though, coz most of them are baying for crowdfunder...
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 14.26.50.png

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 14.27.07.png

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 14.27.32.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
Well Borbora, Pete and Jenny, WHO IS HAVING THE LAST LAUGH NOW????? I would like to thank both @Shimmering and @itsnotmereally for their deliciously perpendicular work behind the scenes in bringing this thread title to the canal. Special thanks also to Dorothy from Tennessee for her pioneering egg ring work, without her one of the more amusing snippets of Thrifty Kitchen may never have been written. Finally thanks once again to to the dear @Archduchess of Luxembourg for randomly throwing Kim Wilde into the mix- you are an inspiration. Egg rings in America WO-AH.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
finally up to date 🥳 has jack ever confirmed the ❄ use? or is it just her erratic behaviour causes speculation here?

Reactions: 27
finally up to date 🥳 has jack ever confirmed the ❄ use? or is it just her erratic behaviour causes speculation here?
She hasn’t as far as I’m aware, but my bet for new year is that it’s coming soon as a way to try and excuse all the fuckups of 2022.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I only drop in this thread for time to time but wanted to thank you all for the documentation and laughs in thread #444 - that was really some meltdown.

I cannot believe her publishers passed grifty kitchen as fit for publication. It looks terrible and the recipes are disgusting.
Courgette soda bread?
No tell me how to make an economy chicken tikka, lasagne, everyday food I can feed the kids and keep them filled with nutrients.

As for the tin opener hack and other dangerous activities… as so many have said 60p tin opener. But I don’t know about your house, i have 4 tin openers. If a neighbour came to borrow one, I would gift it to them.

The tea towel hack from old clothes. Most supermarkets have £1 or less options. And its not like you need to buy one every shop… tea towels last for ages.

I hope this book really is the end of her poverty grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 89
Full respect has to be given to the other thread title contenders. Jack Monroe and the Deathly Hacks was my personal favourite. I'm glad we didn't immortalise the nuts in thread title form.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
For me the lack of any denial or acknowledgement speaks volumes. Normally she's like a lawyered up Microsoft paperclip, yet on this all we get is a fucked up nose and roars of silence.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Sorry chaps but it looks like Js having the last laugh of 2022, patreon numbers are currently UP by 10-15 (depending who you ask)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
I met Kim Wilde many years ago at some Smash Hits PR/competition event. She was HORRIBLE 😳.

Is Jack awake yet?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.