Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NO WAY she didn’t buy them brand spanking new after reading the edgy catalogue description. Her grubby little mitts would have been clicking add to cart faster than a rat up a perpendicular drainpipe.

I’ve highlighted in bold the parts I suspect had particular appeal.

Add extra attitude to your style with our best-selling checked trousers, back in a punky green design. These classic straight leg trousers feature a funky zip fastening and elasticated waist to help you feel comfy and look fabulous. Dress them up or down depending on your mood to create perfect seasonal looks.

I think It's the same with those fugly earrings.

Screenshot_20221229-133802_Chrome.jpg

She's read the elegantly subversive blurb and went 'that's me that is' and picked them irregardless of what they look like. She the kind of person who drinks out of an 'I'm mad me' mug. twit!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 74
Quoting myself like a bellend to say the only similarity is that he's apparently a bit of a shortarse. My previous boss saw him once in Ireland and claims he was wearing little cuban heels 🤣 I'd still ride him like Red Rum tho.
I wonder how his balls smell…😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I see one bookshop has took their advert for her book down, hopefully from ones querying the knife and mallet thing, but probably from the troll squigs posting AM stuff

all they need to do is post pieces from Jacks new book and let that do the talking, no need to add their own views

And pan macmillan need to bleeping explain themselves

View attachment 1837776
Done a wee search and found this, wonder will that still happen?

1672321805241.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Screenshot_20221229-144458_Chrome.jpg

This is the last, I promise, but using Jack's hacks I've saved myself £1.49 not buying stuff that would have lasted for ages. I have lost a couple of fingers, been poisoned by the plastic in my homemade egg ring and may be blind after ironing glue but thanks for all you do, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Probably been said (grunking) but freezing a wine bottle of cold water is a bleeping stupid and dangerous thing to even contemplate.
This. Unbelievably irresponsible. Wedge the cork in tight enough not to leak all over your freezer, and you're risking a freezer full of smashed glass if you get the volume wrong. And even if you get it right, you've got a rolling pin that's too cold to handle (especially if you have ouchy hands)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Jack Monroe: Her ingredients won’t cost you an arm and a leg, but the instructions will cost you a finger and a thumb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
Jack is like those insufferable people on Twitter, well she is an insufferable person on Twitter but those ones who have to find fault with any money saving tip any one offers. So someone will Tweet about a good price on something and they'll be right in "but what about people who don't have any money and can't buy before the sale ends". Or if someone shares a cheap recipe they cannot wait to say "but what about people who don't have any cooking facilities". I long for someone to snap back "well obviously they can't make the recipe then, are you bleeping stupid or something?" but no one ever does.
Like the time Nigel slater kicked back at someone asking if there was an alternative to pineapple or something that was the main recipe ingredient… and he said no it’s a pineapple recipe 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
This. Unbelievably irresponsible. Wedge the cork in tight enough not to leak all over your freezer, and you're risking a freezer full of smashed glass if you get the volume wrong. And even if you get it right, you've got a rolling pin that's too cold to handle (especially if you have ouchy hands)
Quoting myself like a ninny to add, it's a good idea to chill the empty bottle, sure, but generally you should never put sealed glass bottles full of liquid in the freezer.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
i can’t bear to read her twit rant to Musk again, not least because she wrote ‘Let that sink in’ as part of it which is my most hated phrase in the English language. I can just imagine her honking it with a jabby finger in your face and her shark eyes.
yuck.
The whole thing is ridiculous. She's carrying on as if Musk would be ruined if she were driven off Twitter. She has literally no leverage here. She has a decent enough follower count and gets ok engagement but she's not holding the whole platform together.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I see one bookshop has took their advert for her book down, hopefully from ones querying the knife and mallet thing, but probably from the troll squigs posting AM stuff

all they need to do is post pieces from Jacks new book and let that do the talking, no need to add their own views

And pan macmillan need to bleeping explain themselves

View attachment 1837776
I think that was the one which said in the tweet that they'd be donating something to either food banks generally or the TT specifically, and a squig was asking how much they'd be donating, and they eventually answered £3 per copy.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
With her regular references to massive circle of mates, weekday parties, army of volunteers she wants ppl to think she's so popular she could have a stab at being the next Bond. In her Musk/troll thread shes careful to make out its only a handful of accounts that she's chosen to block cos ofc everyone loves her. Well enable replies from ppl you don't follow and be swiftly enlightened. If you're not a deeply disliked synonym for scamming, face the book buying public.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think Jack is about to find out the real meaning of the word "forensic". James has recently posted a series of posts picking apart the many dodgy doings of sistahspace, and is about to turn his attentions to Jack Monroe's grifting. Having read his previous posts I'm pretty sure that even Jack and her stans won't be able to head off the level of detail he's capable of. I'd imagine quite a bit of the basic info will be from grunking here, but it will be genuinely interesting to see what he makes of it.
This guy is astonishing in his ability to unravel funding complexity and present it simply and methodically. He has got to be a trained forensic accountant irl, can’t wait for it to be Jack’s turn.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Jack is like those insufferable people on Twitter, well she is an insufferable person on Twitter but those ones who have to find fault with any money saving tip any one offers. So someone will Tweet about a good price on something and they'll be right in "but what about people who don't have any money and can't buy before the sale ends". Or if someone shares a cheap recipe they cannot wait to say "but what about people who don't have any cooking facilities". I long for someone to snap back "well obviously they can't make the recipe then, are you bleeping stupid or something?" but no one ever does.
Yeah, they do this on mumsnet a lot. There's always a million reasons why 'poor people' can't cook simple affordable nutritious food and instead are forced to live on takeaways and Iceland nuggets and inevitably become obese. It doesn't seem to occur to them that many 'poor people' go to a lot of effort to make the most of what they have.

Reactions: 50
I think It's the same with those fugly earrings.

View attachment 1837784
She's read the elegantly subversive blurb and went 'that's me that is' and picked them irregardless of what they look like. She the kind of person who drinks out of an 'I'm mad me' mug. twit!
If she ever did get a job she'd install the 'you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps' sign. She's hella David Brent-ish

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Poor Agent Adrian. He must be having multiple aneurysms right about now.

Rosemary, on the other hand, is probably relaxing with a large glass of wine and looking forward to a Jack-free 2023.

I imagine Rosemary like that Theresa May photo of her at the cricket with a large glass of vino 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Screenshot 2022-12-29 14.00.50.png

That's not true Jack worked in Blackfoot! Leggy gave her a special chefs hat and a plastic bowl and spoon to play with.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 119
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.