Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pages behind but… I’ve never heard of Joe Browns! Am I missing out?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Of course no one ever sees the abuse she receives on Twitter and there’s always a suggestion about criminal activity and police that never ends up anywhere.

Reactions: 38
Going back to the thread to Elon. This cutesy gif just seems so twee to post when she’s saying she’s genuinely afraid View attachment 1837830
Also restraining orders is an American thing. Here they're called non-molestation orders. Which she'd know if she'd ever been in *actual* danger. I was awarded 1 against my ex, fuckin offensive putting people with the temerity to dislike you in that bracket

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I feel like we should change Grifty Kitchen's nickname to Jack Monroe and the Deathly Hacks.
What a splendid thread title to honour all the cut, maimed, scalded, hospitalised and frankly bewildered ninnies injured just in the reading of these extracts x

I don’t care if it’s early, I’m wearing dangerously rebellious tartan trousers, so BOO SUCKS I guess?

ETA oh, and in case this hasn’t already been covered can we please add PERPENDICULAR to the Wiki list words Jack has spectacularly misunderstood, abused and misused?

309E1DD0-5C08-4A52-A0A8-1143A59A3079.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I’m fairly sure she hasn’t applied for a “normal” job since 2012, but if she had it certainly wouldn’t be at entry level.

Even at the height of the poverty (when she was trudging around performatively handing out CVs instead of applying online) and reducing herself to applying for a job at OF ALL PLACES (wait for it) Ann Summers (shudder), it was as Assistant Manager. A job for which she had zero experience or skill set and by her own account acted like a twit. Wonder why they didn’t want her?

View attachment 1837621

And if the below was ever true about her, my how things have changed… (SPOILER: I don’t think it was ever true). Heartening to see that even back then she thought of herself as “generally brilliant” tho.

View attachment 1837642

Also lol that she has “management experience” (probably got it during her degree🤭)

Linky link. Love how she couldn’t manage childcare for her fire service job but could easily manage it for some of these. And I can’t decide whether “Kwik Fit Fitter” or “jobs I’m overqualified for” is the best bit, so I’ll leave it to y’all.
She must have been dreadfully awful if even quikfit weren't interested (I speak as someone with experience with them, and an oh who is a time served mechanic and technical engineer)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Of course no one ever sees the abuse she receives on Twitter and there’s always a suggestion about criminal activity and police that never ends up anywhere.
Yes, she describes what must be a very alarming pattern of real life harassment and one that will have plenty of witnesses with people contacting publications and other organisations she's working with. She also mentions family being targeted as well. I'm surprised Big Dave MBE has been unable to use his pillar of the community status to get some action from the police. Also it would be good publicity for the police if they managed to nick the tormentors of the People's Urchin. Yet not a single collar has been felt. It must be awful for Jack going through all that and having everyone think you're a massive liar because there is zero evidence of any of this. Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Trifle Defender/TD - a cookery writer who called Jack out in 2020 over Jack's shaming of perfectly lovely looking trifles. Generally a voice of reason. As early as 2015 she was attempting to advise Jack as to how to handle herself online, advice which fell on very deaf ears!

Taken from the wiki above, under dramatis personae
I also enjoy how TD and Nigella follow each other and often interact; TD has also blocked Jack so it amuses me to think she’d be Googling to see the account and notice certain comments, but with no means of responding without being a dick (orresorting to those sock accounts she hates) 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Going back to the thread to Elon. This cutesy gif just seems so twee to post when she’s saying she’s genuinely afraid View attachment 1837830
Every time I see this tweet I'm confused by the inverted commas around the word people. Is she implying her haters are not real people? Does she think trolling is so called because it's done by ~actual trolls~? Or perhaps tattle is populated by geese who have somehow developed opposable thumbs? This is almost as baffling as the time her waist was below a train but her bum wasn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I’m pages behind but… I’ve never heard of Joe Browns! Am I missing out?
I won’t be too harsh as I know some posters like them. And to be fair they have some OK stuff. But they do a lot of tunics and frumpy dresses with patterns and there’s definitely a lot of odd style choices going on there. The sale page seems to show the weirder things: https://www.joebrowns.co.uk/outlet-clothing/womens/women-sale

They’re also very very middle class. Sort of up there with Molke or Lucy & Yak but without the kewl rainbow washing social media campaigns. *Ducks to avoid getting a smack from Molke fans*

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What a splendid thread title to honour all the cut, maimed, scalded, hospitalised and frankly bewildered ninnies injured just in the reading of these extracts x

I don’t care if it’s early, I’m wearing dangerously rebellious tartan trousers, so BOO SUCKS I guess?

ETA oh, and in case this hasn’t already been covered can we please add PERPENDICULAR to the Wiki list words Jack has spectacularly misunderstood, abused and misused?

View attachment 1837897
I’m nominating ‘generally perpendicular’ as a thread title… because she’s like our very own Mrs Malaslop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I won’t be too harsh as I know some posters like them. And to be fair they have some OK stuff. But they do a lot of tunics and frumpy dresses with patterns and there’s definitely a lot of odd style choices going on there. The sale page seems to show the weirder things: https://www.joebrowns.co.uk/outlet-clothing/womens/women-sale

They’re also very very middle class. Sort of up there with Molke or Lucy & Yak but without the kewl rainbow washing social media campaigns. *Ducks to avoid getting a smack from Molke fans*
I once had a nice jacket from there and they've been tormenting me with their catalogue ever since. My main problem with their stuff is the same issue I have with Per Una at M&S, you see something think, that looks quite nice, only to discover it has a weird hem, a massive ruffle somewhere odd or a big flower embroidered on the arse. I am just looking for boring mum clothes for work, I don't want a sodding rose bush emerging from my arse. This is why I end up wearing black all the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.