Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
They’re also very very middle class. Sort of up there with Molke or Lucy & Yak but without the kewl rainbow washing social media campaigns. *Ducks to avoid getting a smack from Molke fans*
Is molke middle class? I wear them as I find them far more comfy than normal bras.i don't pay much attention to their socials etc

Reactions: 20

AnnRKey

Chatty Member
My mum and dad love Joe Browns. They're in their 50s though and I think its very much targeted to their demographic.
I’m 50. The only thing I like from Joe Browns is their aviator jackets. I don’t really like their desire to stick floral shite on everything but I get that other folk do.

Which bit is the lie though? It must be the number of GCSEs surely
The only caveat is we don’t know whether the requirements are the same now as when she’s talking about. They could have tightened or relaxed and unless a knowledgeable Frau was doing something similar to her at the same time, it’s hard to say.

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I missed Jack mentioning a Guardian article but wouldn't be surprised if there was one. She is a controversial character at the moment, so it would actually be interesting reading.

(Sorry dear hearts if I got this wrong - am always madly grunking and not entirely on top of things)

Limetree

Tender ones, I fear I am beyond the help of even four therapists on speed dial. Tonight, I made the banana peel pancakes & there is insufficient mind bleach to unsee the things I witnessed tonight in my own little sanctuary I have previously called home. Even the squabbling cats are too traumatised to keep up their feline warfare.

Spoiler alert; I made this exactly as per the recipe until the very end when I got a bit agitated by what was going on in my own kitchen… Also, I have no idea how to do the spoiler alert stuff so apologies for dragging unsuspecting victims to join my complete mental breakdown & very recent serious concussion (as in last hour from banging head against a convenient wall as the gloop gradually turned beige & even more unappetising)

1) Recipe

2) Finely sliced bananas (with skin as she only retrospectively informs the reader to finely chop the skin separately

3) Pop banana slices in a bowl with the milk & oil

4) Beat well with the tines (prongs) of a fork. Not entirely sure how you would beat it with anything else, like the handle, but I’m just a simpleton in the kitchen c/w our Jackie

5) Oh, I was meant to realise I should have peeled the bananas first 🤦‍♀️ Oh well, lucky I’ve got one of them bullet gadgets that you so helpfully suggest after I’ve mashed banana peel until my crumbly wrists disintegrated. I digress

6) Add flour & beat well to combine to a thick smooth batten (stet) 🤔

View attachment 1838917View attachment 1838918View attachment 1838925View attachment 1838929View attachment 1838933View attachment 1838936
And then what happened???????? Pray continue!

Reactions: 19

BurgerLaBill

Chatty Member
Squatty potty - constipated with her own bullshit.
This is only anecdotal but I've encountered about 6 or 7, lower middle class folks who are absolutely obsessed about being 'regular'. If I said to you Daily Mail reading, Conservative, church going types....

• Haha

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
If somebody has spent their Christmas spoofing multiple pages of a book and photoshopping previously unseen photos of Jack, then uploading them to Google and Apple book archives, I will go and buy a spenny bottle of champers and try to catch the owl who shows up outside mine every night. And share a glass with the spoofer.

I get what you are saying but the likelihood is that the statement coming from the publisher will be about this book's withdrawal from sale. For legal reasons e.g. their Public Liability insurance policy won't begin to cover the possible law suits should they permit it to reach the public.
Well that would probably be a good outcome for everyone