Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I think they do this now with the UC change but they used to ask for the previous years statements and base it on that, I’ve never personally heard of anyone being asked to provide proof monthly when on the legacy benefits (though every council is different etc etc).
Back in the day when I claimed HB from a council in the SE, I know if you were self employed it was a right ballache as you had to provide your bank statements regularly. I was paye so afraid I don't know how frequently they needed them.

Reactions: 18

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
🔺️🔺️🔺️🔺️ ex magazine publishing frau insight here. I worked in a different sector, more niche, but it wasn't unheard of for cover feature and "interview" (read "undeclared, technically illegal advertorial/branded content but it's so rife every fucker is at it") to be rolled up into a promo/advertising deal with a big client.

So my guess is that's what this'll be.
Maybe an interview/something with another more sought after Pan Macmillan author or someone much more exciting on Adrian's roster? Or one of his people's brands having a big advertising spread in the main paper...

Back in the day when I claimed HB from a council in the SE, I know if you were self employed it was a right ballache as you had to provide your bank statements regularly. I was paye so afraid I don't know how frequently they needed them.
It probably got stopped every time she failed to provide info on time. Which knowing her could've been monthly...

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
Ugh I’m actually gutted. I really hope Jack stays away. RIP Viv. This quote made me sob.

View attachment 1838970
Different definition of activism as Jack portrays isn't it? 🧐
Tbf I have no idea about the late great Dame Viv apart from that I met her once and that she designed punk clothes that filtered through to mainstream.
She looks to have set up various organisations and done good things.
If Jack dropped dead tomorrow (no, I'm not wishing you dead, Jack)...She'd look like she had too 😬

• Haha

Soup or Noodle

I once had a nice jacket from there and they've been tormenting me with their catalogue ever since. My main problem with their stuff is the same issue I have with Per Una at M&S, you see something think, that looks quite nice, only to discover it has a weird hem, a massive ruffle somewhere odd or a big flower embroidered on the arse. I am just looking for boring mum clothes for work, I don't want a sodding rose bush emerging from my arse. This is why I end up wearing black all the time.
I quite like the plum flowery coat with the fur collar 🫣

Reactions: 15

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
I find it near impossible to believe that Jack wouldn't be crowing all over Twitter if people had been taken in by a spoof but perhaps she's had a complete change of personality and decided to let it slide. However we'll all find out one way or the other in the next few days.
Agree. Sort of. But all she needs to do is bide her time if it is fake

If she was self employed, the council would request regular proof of income to keep the HB claim going. So it's possible this was the case for her, and she didn't provide ongoing bank statements etc?
I think they do this now with the UC change but they used to ask for the previous years statements and base it on that, and obviously expect you to tell them straight away if suddenly you started making more, I’ve never personally heard of anyone being asked to provide proof monthly when on the legacy benefits (though every council is different etc etc).