Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a recent trip out in Soho, I bought 2 bog standard regular sized glasses of wine and got less than £1 back from £20. I live in London so you’d think I’d be used to it, but I nearly passed out.
Feel your pain, Tabby. My OH and I were back in London a couple of years ago for a Sleaford Mods gig and he bought a round for 3 people - 2 pints and a G&T, and his contactless wouldn’t work because it was > £30 (as contactless limit was at the time). I thought we were going to need a St John’s Ambulance crew.
my OH is as cockney as jellied eels so he also should be used to it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
The deleted reply was along the lines of "we can donate £3 per book" IIRC. Not "we will" 🤔
I did wonder what they’d said - they deleted it so quickly. This whole “donate a book” promotion is looking increasingly shady.

Reactions: 49
Can’t help thinking TD should be using her platform to highlight the more important fact of how dangerous it is, including naming the book/person rather than returning to the very Jack style schoolyard-esqe subtweets for likes and headpats.

ETA: or of course she can not comment but she’s choosing to so 🤷‍♀️
Appreciate TD is well respected around this village, but the pass-agg, sly digs do my head in. Either name and shame or sit tight.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
My mum and dad love Joe Browns. They're in their 50s though and I think its very much targeted to their demographic.
I’m 50. The only thing I like from Joe Browns is their aviator jackets. I don’t really like their desire to stick floral shite on everything but I get that other folk do.

Reactions: 20
I can’t believe both Katie Hopkins & autism have been trending today & Jack hasn’t attempted to make it all about herself. Perhaps because much of it is aimed at her mate, Julia Hartley Brewer (spit)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I can’t believe both Katie Hopkins & autism have been trending today & Jack hasn’t attempted to make it all about herself. Perhaps because much of it is aimed at her mate, Julia Hartley Brewer (spit)
Of course if JHB was some ten follower account who'd put their foot in it rather than been intentionally nasty, Jack would be all over them and directing the pile on.

Reactions: 46
It looks completely and utterly unhinged. It was one of those paranoid, dramatic posts that made me really question what was going on and lead me to this hilarious corner of the internet where everyone has their critical thinking abilities intact. TOOT TOOT mofos, January in Jackworld is going to be EPIC!
She's just drawing attention to the criticisms when she does it, it'd be in her own best interest to ignore the trolls and the 'trolls' and stop tweeting about it. Any time someone says they're being attacked on Twitter people go and look for it, either to see a trainwreck or to defend a favoured z-lister, and if they *don't* see death-threats and instead see evidence of wrong-doings then...

Reactions: 29
Appreciate TD is well respected around this village, but the pass-agg, sly digs do my head in. Either name and shame or sit tight.
I know the seeming excuse for it before was the fear of the flying monkeys, but there have been so many consistent jags at Jack that I don’t think the “I didn’t use her name” five year old level argument would stop them. She knows as well as we do that what stops them is the fact she’s right.

It’s frustrating because everything she says is a good point, bizarre highlighting of ableist over incredibly dangerous aside, and I think she’s actually the kind of person some of the squigs might truly listen to but the way it’s presented as sly subtweets (sometimes clearly aimed at here) completely undermines it - and if Jack was to try hold her up as an example of bullying, the digs and indirectness would play in Jack’s favour IMO.

• Heart
On the job front: there's no way Jack couldn't get a staff writer job at a local newspaper. She's a best selling author and one of the locals would no doubt see it as a bit of a PR win. She could probably get a comms job in the 3rd sector for similar reasons. What she likely wouldn't be able to do is hang on to them when she has to turn up at 9am every day and conduct herself appropriately online.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
On the job front: there's no way Jack couldn't get a staff writer job at a local newspaper. She's a best selling author and one of the locals would no doubt see it as a bit of a PR win. She could probably get a comms job in the 3rd sector for similar reasons. What she likely wouldn't be able to do is hang on to them when she has to turn up at 9am every day and conduct herself appropriately online.
I'm just having visions of some naive soul signing up to Twitter and think "oh this looks like a good charity to follow" only to be confronted with the account going mental at a hapless squig and roaring about it's crumbling bones.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I currently have a restraining order in place against some fuckwit who was bothering me with a big knife.

edit to add, not said for sympathy IM FINE OKAY, just because they are definitely a thing in England
Didn't know that. Sorry to hear it x

Reactions: 27
I know the seeming excuse for it before was the fear of the flying monkeys, but there have been so many consistent jags at Jack that I don’t think the “I didn’t use her name” five year old level argument would stop them. She knows as well as we do that what stops them is the fact she’s right.

It’s frustrating because everything she says is a good point, bizarre highlighting of ableist over incredibly dangerous aside, and I think she’s actually the kind of person some of the squigs might truly listen to but the way it’s presented as sly subtweets (sometimes clearly aimed at here) completely undermines it - and if Jack was to try hold her up as an example of bullying, the digs and indirectness would play in Jack’s favour IMO.
Jack is far too cowardly to hold up TD or any other left leaning writer as an example of bullying. She only goes for obvious hate figures (Hopkins, 30p Lee, some mouth from GB News etc) or small accounts. I have slightly mixed feelings on the subtweeting aspect myself but when I feel irritated I just think of how insane it must drive Jack and feel a great sense of calm wash over me.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
She got a trainee reporter job with her local paper in early 2013. Then jacked it in mere months later (about 3 months IIRC? @colouredlines can correct if I’m wrong) when the Guardian came calling and she decided she was FAR too important for local press.

There’s no way “famous/celeb” jack would deign to stoop so low again. See also: getting any “deliciously ordinary/humble and modest” job.

Reactions: 50
I feel like Grifty Nifty Tips were written if everyone in poverty were also aliens who had never lived in society before, or alternatively, experiencing severe memory loss on how to be a human and this book was your only guide.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Ah, see, I have a theory. I think they have worked out a strategy. Make the book as bad as possible (don't bother editing, leave clearly dangerous hacks in, make it illegible etc), then Rosemary hands her over to Adrian with a copy of the book saying, "She won't last a month until she is truly, finally, softly, gently and painstakingly cancelled, here's the evidence, in her own writing. And then in January, you too will be free of her."
Quoting myself like a ninny, but now adding further fuel to my own theory:

The decision to counter trolls by sending them an (affiliate) link to Grifty Kitchen is of course to ensure max exposure for the book so when the book and Jack tank, the Comments Club, and others, realise how foolish they have been. All dressed up, by Adrian when he suggested it to her, to appear to Jack as a clever promotional technique.

Adrian has brought a double-edged sword onto the battle field.

• Wow
She got the Southend Echo job around 2013. It was a great opportunity for her. Yeah junior reporter jobs are a bit basic at first but you can learn your trade and soon branch into things you find interesting. Many local reporters get into the nationals in a few years. But it was when her career was taking off in other places so she quit after a few months. Probably thought it was beneath her. Or maybe the schedule was difficult to fit around her shifts in the brothel.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
She got a trainee reporter job with her local paper in early 2013. Then jacked it in mere months later (about 3 months IIRC? @colouredlines can correct if I’m wrong) when the Guardian came calling and she decided she was FAR too important for local press.

There’s no way “famous/celeb” jack would deign to stoop so low again. See also: getting any “deliciously ordinary/humble and modest” job.
Of all the stupid things Jack has done chucking that job at the local paper was the worst. She had a brilliant platform to highlight local causes and issues and chucked it away to play at West London media darlings, then managed to arse that up. It would have given her a good grounding and let her develop as a writer. It's incredible that someone so stupid and untalented has no sense at all that they need to improve.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.