Jack Monroe #441 Congratulations on dispatching items you sold

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack is complaining on Twitter that her living expenses of £2500pm are going up by £150 for the privilege of living in a massive 3bed in a nice part of Southend by the coast, which she chose to live in (along with her expensive dog, mystery lodger and part-time son).
There was a lot of maths.
None of it adds up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
@Lazarus
1) sell house, put money in the bank at 2.7% interest, sit back.

OR
2) rent house to snarling menace for the same return.

No "deliberate" landlord ie business would even consider it for a minute

Reactions: 43

Just carrying this over from the last thread as I was TOO LATE to reply before the shutters slammed down on my poor frozen hands. Yes it's a bad move for all the reasons you highlight. From a local authority perspective it also makes no sense at all to have Jack living in an under occupied property. All her and SB need is a two bedroom house or flat. The crappy bungalow would be better used by a larger family and I can't see any good reason for the LA wanting her stay there. She signed the lease because she wanted to stay and I highly doubt she went anywhere near the local authority to get that overturned.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm settling in, enjoying it all.

I feel like current Jack is the most authentic Jack. Blunt, rude, lying, fewer words, bitterness seeping, sarky, defensive, lying, angry, resentful, lying.

Any views on this?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

I feel like current Jack is the most authentic Jack. Blunt, rude, lying, fewer words, bitterness seeping, sarky, defensive, lying, angry, resentful, lying.

Any views on this?
Absolutely. The nasty, bitter, snarking bleep we see atm is the real her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
My thoughts are.
Inspector: ' just back from inspection lots of boxes, looks like they are flitting guv'
LL: ' phew, up the rent, we need this to stick'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Well, today’s the 11 month anniversary of the Vindictive Bullshitter Indicator being promised. I wonder if she’ll manage it before the year anniversary on 21st Jan.
63FB8C4C-876B-45A9-9A5E-867F07E6C454.jpeg

Grifty Kitchen, one whole year with no sign of the VBI, one year since Nigella put out the beg for her (and the annual renewal for all those Patreon subscribers) and whatever other chaoi this insufferable twit unleashes, all in the same 2 week period next month. What a time to be alive that will be.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Nice of Jack to admit that ‘the price of bleeping pasta’ is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and thus so is her ridiculous career of moaning about it & making up nonsense about it going up 344% when it hasn’t. (And forgetting that expecting massively cheap food actually impacts some of the poorest in society who work in food production/supermarkets etc. Someone always pays).
I’m just staggered at her complete lack of self awareness. Someone from a family of landlords who is funded by the kindness gullibility of strangers moans about their landlord asking for rent. Maybe the landlady is disabled/arthritic/addicted (insert any conceivable misfortune) like Jack. Maybe she has an elderly relative who needs expensive care or has no pension and so is being hit by the rising cost of living like the rest of us? Maybe it’s sweet duck all business of Jack, who is the last person on earth who can criticise anyone given that she has taken money for years from others by playing the victim?
Seriously, can she not see the utterly cringeworthy hypocrisy? Always one rule for Jack, yet again.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Any views on this?
Yes, this is 100% Pure Jack. The reality is she could have done loads of low effort stuff to make it look like she was doing something of use but she couldn't even be arsed to do that. It's all been about indulging her saviour complex and promoting the grift. Even now I suspect this much bread crumbed downsize is aimed at getting the squigs to step in and fund another year or two "for you and the boy".

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Just thought I’d pop on and say my gutters are being seen to this afternoon.

(no gauche comments please)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I've got a right case of the Jack Monroe's today. Can't be arsed to do anything and I still wanna get paid for it*

*I will of course continue to work today and am a privileged cow but all aboard the Pre Xmas struggle bus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
I really can’t work out how she’s claiming her landlady’s costs haven’t gone up. I can tell her for a fact her boiler maintenance has gone up as my partner is a gas engineer with his own company. He didn’t want to, and he left it til he really had to, but he had to put prices up in the last year. Materials have gone up in price aswell as fuel. So there’s that load of bollocks debunked. And I’m sure it won’t be the only thing LL is effected by. I’d wager that any kind of tradesperson that has to attend the property has had to raise their prices even just based on the fuel prices.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Just carrying this over from the last thread as I was TOO LATE to reply before the shutters slammed down on my poor frozen hands. Yes it's a bad move for all the reasons you highlight. From a local authority perspective it also makes no sense at all to have Jack living in an under occupied property. All her and SB need is a two bedroom house or flat. The crappy bungalow would be better used by a larger family and I can't see any good reason for the LA wanting her stay there. She signed the lease because she wanted to stay and I highly doubt she went anywhere near the local authority to get that overturned.
I’m not sure why this would be of concern to the LA in any case. She is a private tenant and signed a lease for 2 years before her circumstances changed. If it meant that much to her to move out, surely she could have simply moved out and let the LL keep the deposit.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Nice of Jack to admit that ‘the price of bleeping pasta’ is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and thus so is her ridiculous career of moaning about it & making up nonsense about it going up 344% when it hasn’t. (And forgetting that expecting massively cheap food actually impacts some of the poorest in society who work in food production/supermarkets etc. Someone always pays).
I’m just staggered at her complete lack of self awareness. Someone from a family of landlords who is funded by the kindness gullibility of strangers moans about their landlord asking for rent. Maybe the landlady is disabled/arthritic/addicted (insert any conceivable misfortune) like Jack. Maybe she has an elderly relative who needs expensive care or has no pension and so is being hit by the rising cost of living like the rest of us? Maybe it’s sweet duck all business of Jack, who is the last person on earth who can criticise anyone given that she has taken money for years from others by playing the victim?
Seriously, can she not see the utterly cringeworthy hypocrisy? Always one rule for Jack, yet again.
Plus she doesn’t seem to register that if she wasn’t so utterly appalling, she might well be married to Leggy and living comfortably on Leggy’s money in that nice big Hammersmith house by now, or married to Louisa and living comfortably on Louisa’s money in a nice big house, or coming up to one year together with wealthy Old Harold and inching closer to getting the partner massive house of her dreams and living comfortably on Harold’s money.

You can’t have it both ways, Jack. You can’t be so insufferable that all your (much wealthier than) you partners LEAVE, and then whinge that you can’t afford to live in the unnecessarily massive house to which you think you’re entitled.

You either have to 1. increase your own income, 2. downsize, or 3. change your dreadful personality and behaviour so the next poor (wealthy) fucker doesn’t run screaming for the hills like the rest. You tried the first in the summer with that ridiculous solar lit soap boiling crater of dreams nonsense, and that all went terribly wrong. So your options are 2 and 3. See you’re still giving 1 the good old college try again though! Kind of sucks to be you, Jack.

But Christmas Day is coming! Perhaps you can pretend you’ve sent “your boy” to the house he actually lives in with his Dad, and while you’re stuffing down Quality Street on your parents’ sofa and being waited on hand and foot by your Mam, post a sad sad story about how you’re sitting in the dark and cold all alone with not even a solar lit Santa to comfort you, and as your arthritic fingers reach to draw the curtains to keep out the chill from your heart, under the glimpse of a gas lamp opposite, you see evil (Victorian) landlady arrayed in furs and finery being handed into a fine carriage, openly mocking you by mouthing ONE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY as she goes by.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 131
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.