Jack Monroe #433 Let them eat copies of Thrifty Kitchen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was 8 I didn’t do chores. In fact I never did. As I got older I just started doing things and always kept my room tidy, got rid of rubbish.

I don’t make teenage DD do anything. I expect her to pick up after herself and put rubbish in the bin. I think adulthood is long, years to do all this shit.

Reactions: 62
@MancBee if this is true I will be your forever friend. I sometimes feel so alone in this hellscape of catloverrrs . I hope this isn't just a cruel in joke and really MB is the greatest catfan of them all
[/QUOTE]
I stand with @Shawads and @MancBee

Reactions: 40
I think it’s a tricky one. I helped with the household ironing, cleaning, cooking and washing from when I got my first job (14) but had done my own room from earlier. It meant that when I went to uni I knew how to live on my own (cooking has been neglected for a number of reasons in recent years). But I can completely understand your POV.

I used to hate cleaning the car from those early days. I still do and will put it off for days. So being paid to do some jobs as a child can have long term consequences ()

Reactions: 34
Just as I thought Jack Monroe couldn't shoe us any more dark sides.....

Those lists, and the ethos behind them are fucking awful. Then to share them online too. I'm alternating between my heart breaking for that poor boy, and then thinking Jack needs locking up. It's just another awful indication that she truly is a sociopathic, narcissistic cunt of the highest order. She doesn't deserve that child, the stolen money, the hollow adulation or the opportunities she's wasted. She deserves to be paraded through the streets, shamed, shown up as an example how not to live, then as many agencies throw their full weight at her as possible.

Reactions: 46
My mum's mum was a narcissist, though my mum obviously didn't know it at the time she was growing up - there wasn't really a language for it back then. It wasn't until my gran was in a nursing home that I eventually broached the subject of whether she had some sort of mental health condition, and the head of the nursing home basically confirmed it. It was such a relief to my mum to have someone outwith the family see it, because my gran could be very charming to literally everyone else and unless you spent a lot of time with her and witnessed the way she treated my mum, you'd think it was my mum who had some sort of weird, nasty, obsessive grudge against her own mother. Anyway, suffice to say, growing up with someone like that stays with you for a lifetime and it's so, so damaging and hurtful. But when you think of everything SB has had to deal with - suicide threats, addiction, the various adults introduced to his life who have just disappeared, the constant moving of house, the pets who have died, the gender and sexuality hopping, etc etc the list goes ON, it's mindblowing to consider the psychic damage she's inflicted on him. And the worst thing is, she'll never even feel a twinge of remorse for it, or try to make amends, because such is the life of a narc. #thoughtfortheday

Reactions: 100
This is all very sad for a Sunday morning.

Canal needs some slop.

Porridge? Burned bacon? Figs? Cream?

We can’t have December without slop.

Reactions: 43
@MancBee if this is true I will be your forever friend. I sometimes feel so alone in this hellscape of catloverrrs . I hope this isn't just a cruel in joke and really MB is the greatest catfan of them all
I stand with @Shawads and @MancBee
[/QUOTE]

I stand with @TbilisiPeach , @MancBee and @Shawads

This is all very sad for a Sunday morning.

Canal needs some slop.

Porridge? Burned bacon? Figs? Cream?

We can’t have December without slop.
A Christmas without slop is no Christmas at all

Reactions: 36
I don’t let anyone else do laundry- Prince Lumpy included, as I like it done properly, also I want a full load going on not just some random items. Certainly wouldn’t leave it to a child.

Reactions: 38
This is absolutely mental for a child of 8 years old

This bit, what a prick she is. It's called being an adult and being a parent, these are normal, everyday life tasks.
She really resents having to do anything for anyone, doesn't she? In fact, she resents having to do anything full stop the lazy, entitled mare.

Reactions: 80
Just jumping way ahead to say we were staying with friends last night and I was presented with this mug for my coffee this morning. Jack should permanently have one of these at home for the next Mrs J.

Reactions: 51
This is so upsetting , we've all seen Jack's cleaning and she's no clean freak ( I know she says she deep cleans the kitchen 12 times a day, but , well she LIES). I'd like to think it was lies but

Reactions: 44
I have 2 cats (despite my username), i found a half a boiled sweet under the chin of my boycat last night. I don't eat boiled sweets so I know he has been cheating on me.
One of my cats once came back smelling of someone else’s perfume

Reactions: 46
Mmmm maybe no mortgage needed scammed enough to buy outright
I imagine she probably had a nice juicy deposit but won’t be given a mortgage so maybe she’s rage bought a small place she can afford outright and doesn’t care that SB won’t have a room of his own. Because there’s no way that will be “his” bedroom. Or there will just be secret rooms

Reactions: 29
I'm hoping that it's just her insane love of list-making and she never followed through with any of it.

Which seems a fair shout, given her record.

Where's my fucking one-pan chocolate pancake recipe, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.