Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's like that little quote snippet from an article I didn't read about Jack being offered £120,000 or some ludicrous shite to write about the internet for Tesco.

'Probably could have bashed it out in 10 minutes'

Yeah we've seen what you bash out in 10 minutes. I wouldn't give you 120 pence for it. Absolute charlatan who has been stealing a living for years and STILL complains about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
If you had been, as she so charmingly puts it, “dogshit poor” and then were miraculously gifted a recipe column in the Guardian (we should assume this is a pretty well paid gig, right?), can you even fathom the levels of laziness, arrogance, and entitlement to put this untested shite out as a recipe?

No instruction on how to handle the black pudding; unhinged proportions of ingredients; a convoluted method (who wants to wait an hour while their hangover breakfast chills in the fridge?!) that is clearly untested (the carrot will “bear down” on the potato?! Lol, k, Jack).

Whenever stuff like this is unearthed I just wonder why she wasn’t outed as a complete fraud sooner. It isn’t cute or quirky to write about how you’ve been on the piss instead of doing your job and then weave that into the piece of tit recipe you wrote 12 minutes before deadline, still twatted. Ungrateful turd.
Madness isn't it? Why doesn't anyone, at the very least, sense check this stuff before it is published?

Reactions: 35
There is no way that her granddad acted in an altruistic way. His houses were bought in the cheapest area of the town. Split up into HMO's to maximise occupancy and profit. Let to those on benefits so he could receive direct payments and he got to pocket capital gains as well

Monroe learned well from him. Nothing is done except to extract personal gain. All the poverty cosplay, all the whining about self, all the positioning, all the grifting. Everything for maximum personal gain

She's all but finished now though, every time she speaks people either ask serious questions about her grift or they laugh at her. She won't be able to stand either. Worse for her, the serious questions about the misappropriation of funds aren't going away.

Reality is slowly catching up with her. We are witnessing her slow demise

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 85
Still about half a thread behind after Jack's antics this weekend, but I can't help but think she's seriously misunderstood the vibe because her life has been so sheltered.

Moaning on and on about her living situation. In 2021, about 25% of 20-34 year olds still lived with their parents, largely because of financial reasons. I don't know what percentage of that same group live in house/flat shares but I'd guess it's pretty high, especially in London and the southeast. Most people I know have way more qualifications than Jack, and genuinely work insane hours, but have nothing but a small rented bedroom to show for it (which they are normally not allowed to decorate). A growing number of young renters don't even have access to a living room as landlords are turning these into bedrooms for the extra £££.

Conversely, apart from a very short period where she was (allegedly?) in a houseshare, Jack has always lived independently. Even with a kid, that's a luxury in itself, before we even get started on the tens of thousands she's spunked on expensive furniture and tat.

Any working class young adult will look at Jack and instantly see she's a charlatan.

• Heart
Reactions: 102
Still about half a thread behind after Jack's antics this weekend, but I can't help but think she's seriously misunderstood the vibe because her life has been so sheltered.

Moaning on and on about her living situation. In 2021, about 25% of 20-34 year olds still lived with their parents, largely because of financial reasons. I don't know what percentage of that same group live in house/flat shares but I'd guess it's pretty high, especially in London and the southeast. Most people I know have way more qualifications than Jack, and genuinely work insane hours, but have nothing but a small rented bedroom to show for it (which they are normally not allowed to decorate). A growing number of young renters don't even have access to a living room as landlords are turning these into bedrooms for the extra £££.

Conversely, apart from a very short period where she was (allegedly?) in a houseshare, Jack has always lived independently. Even with a kid, that's a luxury in itself, before we even get started on the tens of thousands she's spunked on expensive furniture and tat.

Any working class young adult will look at Jack and instantly see she's a charlatan.
Absolutely this!

Reactions: 23
I've been doing some forensicks 🧐 and it appears JM's poor mother has set up a new haunted bird account (Nov 2022) to keep an eye on proceedings. No Tweets, just a 'like' of a comment to JM about wallpaper choices which may or may not have been accidental.

I know there's a few who take issue with the family, but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for them. They have to tolerate the lies about JM being working class and starving, but they can't say anything to the contrary because then JM would accuse them of destroying their brand !

I did see in a ranty blog post that JM is estranged from their brother because one Christmas he dared to have an opposing political opinion, but can anyone enlighten me further?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I've been doing some forensicks 🧐 and it appears JM's poor mother has set up a new haunted bird account (Nov 2022) to keep an eye on proceedings. No Tweets, just a 'like' of a comment to JM about wallpaper choices which may or may not have been accidental.

I know there's a few who take issue with the family, but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for them. They have to tolerate the lies about JM being working class and starving, but they can't say anything to the contrary because then JM would accuse them of destroying their brand !

I did see in a ranty blog post that JM is estranged from their brother because one Christmas he dared to have an opposing political opinion, but can anyone enlighten me further?
You're assuming that it actually is her mother when its possible it's yet another stinky sock

Reactions: 46
I think there should definitely be a Grifty Kitchen Slopalong!! I quietly and gently declined to take part in the previous slopalong because reasons... but I think at this point there's no one better than the dear Fraus to show how utterly DIRE (or not?!) each and every one of those recipes is.

I've only been here since Molly's first posts but I don't think I've ever met such a kind, compassionate, understanding and wise bunch of people. You make everyone feel so welcome and offer support and knowledge on so many different things. You make me laugh every day!😊

Basically you guys are awesome and I'm really glad I found you, so count me in for the slopalong this time... I'm prepared to risk a dodgy few hours with my diabetes control to take part. I feel it's sort of my duty - I'm ready to earn my Frau badge and wear it with pride!
There is always a mackie hackie (supposed household 'tip') rather than food to test

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What's she on about with peppercorn rent?! I pay peppercorn rent or ground rent as a leaseholder. Is she getting confused with Ye Olden Days and Surfs and Land Squires?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Absolutely this!
And it's not just young people. I have a couple of colleagues in their 60s who are unable to retire because they rent and can't continue to do so on their pension.

But when has Jack ever done any useful campaigning on these issues? It's all woe-is-me for not having a mansion...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.