Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on, Jack was a food *columnist* for the Guardian? I thought she just wrote merail opinion pieces about life among the poors.
Yeah, I think she got the boot from the food thing after making horrible comments about David Cameron's late son.

Reactions: 36
Yeah, I think she got the boot from the food thing after making horrible comments about David Cameron's late son.
I'm appalled they would hire her to write about food in the first place. Next time one of their beggy "we're reader-funded, help us out" pop-ups appears on my screen: SHAN'T.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Sorry if I've missed it but which Jack is this 'do'? 😂
I like to think of this as “Betty Crocker” Jack

A913A455-A00B-4C25-98A3-99E2E45F1DF9.jpeg
E3DF7FD0-F07D-44D9-B512-51F8C1AB5059.jpeg

Q: What’s the difference between Betty Crocker and Jack Monroe?

A: Betty Crocker’s food comes in a cardboard box, but Jack Monroe’s food tastes like a cardboard box.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 86
I'm appalled they would hire her to write about food in the first place. Next time one of their beggy "we're reader-funded, help us out" pop-ups appears on my screen: SHAN'T.
A while back some staff memeber on the Guardian was chatting to Jack on Twitter and recalled an incident where some editor referring to Jack's column said "people aren't actually eating this stuff, are they?". They both seemed quite outraged by it, I thought it was hilarious. The receipts are on here somewhere.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Hang on, Jack was a food *columnist* for the Guardian? I thought she just wrote merail opinion pieces about life among the poors.
You have no idea…

The comments on her column are ✨ golden ✨.

(I was still under the Jack spell when she was writing those. Still under the Guardian spell tbh. Times have changed somewhat.)

ETA- 2 people discussing her giant crab ravioli recipe (it is giant ravioli not giant crab) from 2014. It uses fish paste and fresh crab btw 🤢. How is she still doing this 8 years later?
7EE3AAE2-831D-4C68-8F46-B56ABAA11C56.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Jack flouncing made me look at some other twitter accounts 🕵️‍♂️
Long mither. WARNED.
Her bezzie's dog shredded Jack's recipes
Animals just know

View attachment 1750422

Then got to keep all the errant tennis balls in Jack's garden, good boy

View attachment 1750447

9 year old front page Guardian headshot with very topical headline

View attachment 1750425

Anyone recognise this scarf? 🔺

View attachment 1750429

Or this one? 🔺

View attachment 1750489
View attachment 1750492

Southend Echo article about the kickstarter
I didn't realise she exceeded her target by 344%
Shameless

View attachment 1750433

Jack later ended up with an @nqe.com e-mail address herself, wonder if she ignored that inbox too

View attachment 1750435

She had the ms, mx and dr -jackmonroe twitter accounts so this looks like nutter behaviour

View attachment 1750442

Ah smart arse Jack
By 2015 mumsnet must have booted her

View attachment 1750449

I'm amazed not surprised in the slightest she went with "awarded doctorate" disregarding honorary
Terrible form, professionally bankrupt

View attachment 1750455

Do we know how mxjackmonroe got suspended?

View attachment 1750457

Delicious research smoothie bowl :sick:
Did she just nick that idea then as well

View attachment 1750471

View attachment 1750465View attachment 1750468

"I couldn't help noticing that I appear to be considerably more premature than you"

View attachment 1750475
Smoothie bowls have never appealed to me, but seeing Jack and her mate consume them like that has properly put me off forever 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
In fact, given she has pissed off and Instagram is boring AF, I might go back and look at her recipes and the hilarious comments for lols.

This one is particularly good. The commenters have actually worked the volumes she has used are bollocks and that’s on top of the fact that the recipe is disgusting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Quoting myself like something from the drawer, but the fact that a 34 year old woman made this as a “lovely surprise treat” for the parents of her mid-40ish partner will never, ever be anything but absolutely hilarious to me.
View attachment 1750391Every time I imagine her proudly unveiling it with great aplomb and a theatrical flourish to be met by wide eyed stares and mouths agape, I like to imagine that just like in It’s a Wonderful Life, an angel a Pumble gets its wings.
If I remember rightly, Frauen strongly suspected this was an Asda cake which had been decorated by Jack. Complete with Babadook

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Why would your SO gift you £800 earrings when they know you haven't used a normal bottle of soap in years? If this was a story from anyone other than Jack, I'd say they were taking the piss.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Cleaning the kitchen? As if.
Talking of Jack & lost things- I have remembered how she came to my attention on twitter, and it must’ve been around 2015-16, she did a post about losing a Pandora necklace (might have been a bracelet) that was packed with charms and she was asking people to hand it in as it had sentimental value etc. when I say it was FULL of charms it really was. It’s what made me want a Pandora necklace funny enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She’s as thick as one of her brick cakes 🙄 if they are sold by weight it doesn’t matter how smol they are, x smol = y medium/large
Forgive me as I haven’t done full grunks yet but I was absolutely outraged at this, which has to be the most blatant lie ever….

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The BTL comments on that Guardian recipe are classic. Some people were on to her already - back in 2014. Example:
8AB6F93E-24EE-4D98-95A6-49ACBD3E5AFA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
The BTL comments on that Guardian recipe are classic. Some people were on to her already - back in 2014. Example: View attachment 1750700
There are so many who realise that

a) recipes doesn’t work
b) the costings don’t work
c) the food looks tit
d) she is complaining about the comments on Twitter and not taking on advice and yet

The Guardian continued to publish her. It’s appalling that she was allowed to continue her cosplaying, fool people and take money for nothing.

Many of us were fooled. Probably because of the likes of the Guardian. If publications like them published people like Jack then surely we should trust her?

The blame for this lies in many, many places.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
He is the “other half” who she breadcrumbed about from Jan-May (?) this year who she scrupulously avoiding giving a gendered pronoun to because god forbid she should lose one of her oppression points, but turned out to be a handsome, wealthy, middle-aged man who worked in finance. She bragged about “their” (his) giant car and how “deliciously ordinary” he was. He then ditched her very suddenly. According to our sources when he found out what a mega-crank and pathological liar she is.
She also pretended he owned/ran a hat shop for what reason 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
You have no idea…

The comments on her column are ✨ golden ✨.

(I was still under the Jack spell when she was writing those. Still under the Guardian spell tbh. Times have changed somewhat.)

ETA- 2 people discussing her giant crab ravioli recipe (it is giant ravioli not giant crab) from 2014. It uses fish paste and fresh crab btw 🤢. How is she still doing this 8 years later?
View attachment 1750653
Certain she created a profile to sanctimoniously argue with all the negative comments.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
In fact, given she has pissed off and Instagram is boring AF, I might go back and look at her recipes and the hilarious comments for lols.

This one is particularly good. The commenters have actually worked the volumes she has used are bollocks and that’s on top of the fact that the recipe is disgusting.

This is a problem for her, everytime she flounces the canal get bored and start digging into old articles. She's best off hanging about and causing a mini chaos at least, lest we uncover more gems she'd rather stayed hidden... 🙃

Bonjour, mes chéries ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.