Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As usual I suspect this is Jack's version of reality. Authors don't spend that much time with the art directors of their books, at least not enough time to become best buddies with them like Jack seems to think she was.

You only say this because you’ve never had a friend so close you described them as “chromatic”

• Haha
Reactions: 46
There was a section on how to beat the bookies on Money Saving Expert? That seems just a little bit dodgy? Not that I'm against beating the bookies, but, like .... people looking for money saving tips being directed down to betting shops????
Yes but don’t be misled by “betting” in the description “matched betting”. If done correctly then it’s not a gamble as you’re placing bets that cover all possible outcomes - you’re structuring a return of the “free bet” amount which is guaranteed by mathematical logic regardless of the result of the fixture or race that you’re betting on. So it’s not “beating the bookies” in the sense of an Arthur Daley character giving you a nudge-nudge wink wink tip of the winner of the 2:30 at Ascot.

IIRC It was as you’d expect prefaced with a number of warnings not to get sidetracked into normal gambling etc. Discussing it on the MSE forums was forbidden outside one specific well-moderated forum. It does work if undertaken with due skill and discipline.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I got images of having a vent in your flat linked to next door and the fragrant aroma of eggs, fish being softly gently cooked to mush wafting through it into your flat. You would forever have the drain man out thinking they had gone bad!
Isn't that how suspicions were raised over j*ff*ry d*hm*r? 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I'm so disappointed in AM. I was such a fan and it's all taken such a crap turn. Why are people so weird? Just makes me feel jaded. Oh, and gofundmes have to stop. I don't care what they are for, they are part of the problem, not the solution

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Yes but don’t be misled by “betting” in the description. If done correctly then it’s not a gamble as you’re placing bets that cover all possible outcomes - you’re structuring a return of the “free bet” amount which is guaranteed by mathematical logic regardless of the result of the fixture or race that you’re betting on. So it’s not “beating the bookies” in the sense of an Arthur Daley character giving you a nudge-nudge wink wink tip of the winner of the 2:30 at Ascot.

It was prefaced with a number of warnings not to get sidetracked into normal gambling etc.
Sorry- off topic, don't know how to hide this stuff yet!
You'll never "beat the bookies"- I worked for one.
If they see a bet is possibly going to come in and cost them a bit, it's laid off with *another* bookie- to cover/mitigate any possible pay outs. Worst case scenario, the bookie just loses that stake.
Small wins- they're just taking other small punters losing money out of the till

Reactions: 24
He also 1. Wears hats like hers and they used to have fun counting them
View attachment 1750114View attachment 1750115

2. Has mugs and crockery like hers which means they’re “as good as married”
View attachment 1749998
3. Has to stay with her til next spring cos she put him in her new book acknowledgements, which he “took quite well”
View attachment 1750014View attachment 1750015
4. Dumped her stupid ass 3 weeks after she posted 3. above in “a bolt from the blue after a lovely weekend away”. No idea what went wrong. Such a curve ball!
View attachment 1750017
Oh PS he also has parents that she made
(thanks to @Marmalade Atkins @Boyo @blurstoftimes and @Sideboard Bob for the screenies)
What in Christ’s name is the black thing with red eyes?! I’m just about to go to sleep, for goodness sake!!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
No way Brian. For one, it made me laugh.

If the past two years on this thread are anything to go by (LJC on a bike) then that is literally impossible for Jack to do.

Like cooking something edible or centering someone else, IMPOSSIBLE.
crusty leg is still there. The convo with Jack being outed has seen her crowdfunder - which before this kicked off had had a single donation of £100 in over 2 weeks - rocket to over £1,200 in a couple of days so I’m sure she’ll recover from the indignity of the exposure.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Sorry if I've missed it but which Jack is this 'do'? 😂
I’ll tell you, if you can tell me which Jack is this (the ‘do’ and the rest of it. It’s scary😧)
AF95B4C4-1BE7-4170-8663-936685C62039.jpeg

B88C21D1-8647-4AF3-89ED-48E8EA3A8058.jpeg
Unorthodox Jack. (And IN POVERTY with her brand new IPod Classic)
F73414C0-45F1-40C0-B3FE-0E2060A61AC5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
View attachment 1750238

You can tell that this was years Pre-Burger Boy, because there’s a lot a £29 cock from Prowler can’t do. It can’t:

1. bring you round a burger,
2. Come over for a “welfare check” then shag you senseless for 6 hours while leaving your hands free to gloatingly tweet about it
3. Wipe itself on the William Morris Strawberry Thief curtains before putting itself away
4. LEAVE in the middle of the night.

So, once again, she’s contradicted herself. Less drawer cocks, more burger boys, eg Jack?! What progress you’ve made and how far you’ve come in 7 years!!!
Erm, what? What is number 3 in reference to? Did she say such a thing had occurred?! 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Sorry- off topic, don't know how to hide this stuff yet!
You'll never "beat the bookies"- I worked for one.
If they see a bet is possibly going to come in and cost them a bit, it's laid off with *another* bookie- to cover/mitigate any possible pay outs. Worst case scenario, the bookie just loses that stake.
Small wins- they're just taking other small punters losing money out of the till
True, common-or-garden gambling is a fool’s errand. There are only two ways to “beat a bookmaker”:

- Matched betting (which doesn’t win big relatively speaking, and by nature has limited opportunity over the long-term, and requires strict discipline) or
- Being in possession of information from a match-fixer etc.

Trying to get back on topic I don’t know what Caroline is promoting in this sphere as I haven’t 🔺 her. But it’s not a ponzi/pyramid scheme/scam per se.

Reactions: 21
What in Christ’s name is the black thing with red eyes?! I’m just about to go to sleep, for goodness sake!!
It’s the evil spirit that haunts the cock drawer surrendering to the might of Old Harold. Sleep tight, dear heart xxx
75C57A9C-4495-4473-8879-89B454A1A1EF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
£189 ipod classic ✍
Surprise surprise she only went and lost it, along with 20,000 songs 💸

1669072576197.png

Not sure going off the colour is the best idea if you have trouble discerning them, Jack 😉

Well she has a drawer full of them, so multiply by the number you'd get in a bedside drawer... could be as many as 10, so £290. Though she wasn't specific about it being a bedside drawer, it could be anywhere in the crappy bungalow.

Perhaps they are in one of those sideboard drawers that she leaves slightly ajar. So that any prospective OHs might catch a glimps and get horny. (I feel even worse now)
£29 Prowler 'old harold' ✍
£290 10x drawer full of 'old harolds' (estimate) ✍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Erm, what? What is number 3 in reference to? Did she say such a thing had occurred?! 🤢
Lol no, just just me being vulgar, though making a reasonable assumption that it’s something someone who comes over to do a “welfare check” on a supposedly vulnerable person but instead shags them and then fucks off in the middle of the night would be quite likely to do

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes but don’t be misled by “betting” in the description “matched betting”. If done correctly then it’s not a gamble as you’re placing bets that cover all possible outcomes - you’re structuring a return of the “free bet” amount which is guaranteed by mathematical logic regardless of the result of the fixture or race that you’re betting on. So it’s not “beating the bookies” in the sense of an Arthur Daley character giving you a nudge-nudge wink wink tip of the winner of the 2:30 at Ascot.

IIRC It was as you’d expect prefaced with a number of warnings not to get sidetracked into normal gambling etc. Discussing it on the MSE forums was forbidden outside one specific well-moderated forum. It does work if undertaken with due skill and discipline.
Stop tempting me! I'm the kind of idiot who would make that stupid miscalculation and lose everything 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
As usual I suspect this is Jack's version of reality. Authors don't spend that much time with the art directors of their books, at least not enough time to become best buddies with them like Jack seems to think she was.
Don't forget though that Jack's life is...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Totally get you DG. As soon as I saw that Just Giving page it made me suspicious <<insert not another (online grifter) one GIF>>. What I will say is that I did some online stalking and her story definitely seems to check out to me (another person who really should lock down their FB profile tho).
This is the upsetting thing with JM. She makes you doubt everyone when there are definitely genuine cases out there 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Beat me to it with the iPod classic with mega storage 160gb whilst she was in The Poverty™️

Absolute crook, it’s all there in plain sight

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
He also 1. Wears hats like hers and they used to have fun counting them
View attachment 1750114View attachment 1750115

2. Has mugs and crockery like hers which means they’re “as good as married”
View attachment 1749998
3. Has to stay with her til next spring cos she put him in her new book acknowledgements, which he “took quite well”
View attachment 1750014View attachment 1750015
4. Dumped her stupid ass 3 weeks after she posted 3. above in “a bolt from the blue after a lovely weekend away”. No idea what went wrong. Such a curve ball!
View attachment 1750017
Oh PS he also has parents that she made
(thanks to @Marmalade Atkins @Boyo @blurstoftimes and @Sideboard Bob for the screenies)
Quoting myself like something from the drawer, but the fact that a 34 year old woman made this as a “lovely surprise treat” for the parents of her mid-40ish partner will never, ever be anything but absolutely hilarious to me.
36B23477-8C88-4581-9FEA-E37444533D4E.jpeg
Every time I imagine her proudly unveiling it with great aplomb and a theatrical flourish to be met by wide eyed stares and mouths agape, I like to imagine that just like in It’s a Wonderful Life, an angel a Pumble gets its wings.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.