Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahead of tomorrow, we might be needing this. Particularly the Dearheart Welsh Fraus in the Homeland.

Actually, it’s pretty useful for every day (or 15 minute segment) in the Jackiverse with the ever-changing WTF that comes next

Reactions: 31
I suspect this means that mumsy or Mammy was the one to intervene and say that’s enough twitter for you Jackie Gal this weekend.

She must have been keeping an eye for chaos.

Reactions: 31
Now who wouldn't prefer to spend hours arguing the toss with strangers on the internet, as opposed to doing anything useful.

ETA: she's so bloody mardy in her replies. Such a tedious know it all too.

Reactions: 46
Oooh… I missed this tale of woe. What’s that all about?

Reactions: 13
So I’ve been on a new-to-the-canal rollercoaster mega grunk and boy, oh boy what a ride! I am insanely busy and stressed right now and really don’t have much time to spare, so what better use of my limited free hours than deep diving into the web of absolute horses doo-doos spun by this smol pixie? It’s so addictive, it’s like one of those old fighting fantasy game books where you would work your way through it choosing options, and every option could either find you a magic ring that gives you superpowers over orcs, or plunges you into a pit of darkness with a disembodied ghostly head who kills you and eats your soul. Gripping

so this one bothered me. I dove through Thread 31 (absolute genius BTW), and Jack tells us about the stalkers (plural) who caused her to move house several times in quick succession. Really awful.

But then in the most recent chaos, there’s a list of what had caused the multiple moves, and none of them are anything to do with stalking?

Dare I venture to speculate that one, some or ALL of this is a gentle, tender lie?? Say it ain’t so!

Reactions: 120
Yes, actual peppercorn rent can be absolutely minimal, and even non-monetary. It's just a token exchange to make a contact legal. I've seen old newsreel footage of a US government representative handing over a literal peppercorn to a British official to satisfy the lease of British-controlled land to the US for military purposes.

As with others words or phrases, it seems to be something JM has heard, misinterpreted, and thus uses in the wrong context.

Reactions: 41
Now who wouldn't prefer to spend hours arguing the toss with strangers on the internet, as opposed to doing anything useful.

ETA: she's so bloody mardy in her replies. Such a tedious know it all too.
Writing in the Guardian for free too…”I’m a writer. I write. It’s my job.” But I don’t think I get paid for my job. Twat.

Also same red squig

Reactions: 74
That led me to this article. Call it HH1.5. 12 paragraphs, 9 of them about her.

Reactions: 44
What. In. The. Name. Of. Fuck. Is that black thing with red blobs supposed to be?

Reactions: 25
She's on pretty early at the conference tomorrow. Which means a possible overnight stay... Please please please can she break cover for a lovely train/hotel chaos!

Reactions: 52
THIS!!!! Even though we’ve read similar from her, the first couple of lines of her reply are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING STAGGERING

Also quoted from her article “I don’t really talk about the Christmas Day”. Except you do, Jack. Incessantly. Mostly for paid articles monetizing your fake pov.

Reactions: 121
Christ this is hilarious. TIL that people have been seeing through Jack, and Jack’s been getting huffy about it, since the Dawn of Jack Era.

This would be the Christmas where the Sunday People gave her money to have a nice Christmas, right?

Reactions: 58
You just *know* that on that Dordrecht trip she would be all:

"OMG everyone's ~literally~ CONVINCED that we're going to get engaged on this work-trip-cum-mini-break! How mad are they?! I keep saying it's TOO SOON....but then again, if you know, you know. And we know, don't we? I've just seen the most amazing ring- no, no, what am I saying? You'll already have bought one. I'll be quiet now. Just enjoy the moment. And it's really no-one else's business, is it? We've got each other and our copper steins"

Reactions: 101
Never before seen footage of Jack heading down to breakfast in Dordrecht:

https://giphy.com/wG1i2KJyB3zlC

Reactions: 125
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.