Jack Monroe #429 Jack, please stop pretending to have friends. It's embarrassing for all of us.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 22.27.13.png

Why does she insist on writing everything out longhand? Especially since she claims that she's in the midst of an RA flare-up.

And why use an expensive branded notebook for something so ephemeral? Surely a spreadsheet or a note-taking app or a little database or even just a plain text file would be a much better fit?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
Bloody hell, there are two of the tan ones in my flat - now I know where my landlord gets his furniture from! (or got, I suppose, since Made.com have gone bust...)

They're quite nice to sit on for a short period of time, but the space between the top of the legs is too narrow for me to tuck my legs under them comfortably.

That's an Ikea Bekvam step stool in the background of the second picture, btw - £29 currently: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/bekvaem-step-stool-white-40178888/
Thank(space)you tender one x
I'd been wondering about the step stools
£29 IKEA bekvam step stool ✍

There's a brown one here

1668896802140.jpeg

This looks like an IKEA too
£45 IKEA bekvam stepladder 3 steps ✍

1668896698763.jpeg

These might be the same one repainted? (y tho)

1668896994195.jpeg
1668897130398.jpeg

We don't have these dining chairs yet

1668897037897.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Like people GENUINELY on the bones of their arses, with nasty landlords forcing them out on short notice, have time to make forensically detailed notes in their Moleskine notebooks about what goes where. Feck off, Jack.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
View attachment 1744314

Why does she insist on writing everything out longhand? Especially since she claims that she's in the midst of an RA flare-up.

And why use an expensive branded notebook for something so ephemeral? Surely a spreadsheet or a note-taking app or a little database or even just a plain text file would be a much better fit?
Ikr it’s like she’s expecting her estate to be auctioned at Christie’s rather than the reality that’ll be a house clearance service straight to the dump.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I can't imagine this would be a normal private rental.

But, has someone, after many years, reached the top of the housing list? Hence saying no to basement flat because of illness. And also having the opportunity to decorate? Again a hole in that theory if her son lives with her, given its 1 bedroom. But if he only visits, that's potentially a theory.

My bet is that book advance is house deposit (if it hasn't bought a random high end item yet) and that it's a joint ownership with a family member where she pays the mortgage payment but they have their name on it because of ccjs.

I don't think it'll be an SPV.

Reactions: 41
I'm still fretting about those aubergine bollocks. Why.... If you were vegan, and wanted to make something ball shaped, would you use an aubergine? 🍆 (🤭), the mushy veg?

Why not use a lovely bean, or a sweet potattie?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
You know she spent ages planning her wedding as a kid/tween/teen. I'm sure she still has the binders with clippings and pages ripped out of magazines-- bet she even paid for some of the mags.
It’s no wonder she needs 107 bookcases.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Coming from the past as I just can’t keep up, FFS Jack, I’m busy.
Soz if already discussed. Could she be getting social housing?
the council close to me 🔺operate a bidding system. With all her ailments and disabilities it wouldn’t surprise me if she used the BUNGALOW’S STAIRS as a reason to need to move. Although not sure they would approve for just a one bed… the more I type the more I am thinking not.

as you were, I’ll duck off. Love.
Southend-on-sea Borough Council has an income threshold of £30k (or £50k if Jack is the resident parent):

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 22.34.09.png

Her income from Patreon alone is more than that - and then there's the book royalties, media work, various campaigns, and the tip jar on top of that.

Reactions: 52
Ahahahahah. Has she been on a grunk? I was saying yesterday that I was looking forward to her crappy decor choices.

Love that she’s chosen the most boring basic colour scheme that already looks dated. May as well go all Hinch grey.
Definite Ramada-Inn-cocktail-lounge vibe wafting from the color scheme. Maybe La Quinta.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So the cost of living crisis is why she’s moving now? But then she is an accidental analyst so I guess she knew this would all happen when she started saying she was moving out a few months ago.
I’m also so glad to know that you absolutely cannot be held accountable if you have low mental health. how can people not see that she does this almost every single time she’s called out for taking large sums of money? Between this and England calling a draw in the rugby I’m just really bloody vexed today!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
@WoolyMammoth yes, it's a possibility! But I think council renting is beneath our little celebrity. And she said she ripped up the application forms many years ago.

It's definitely a "bought" house. No more renting for wee Jackie

Reactions: 39
Southend-on-sea Borough Council has an income threshold of £30k (or £50k if Jack is the resident parent):

View attachment 1744338

Her income from Patreon alone is more than that - and then there's the book royalties, media work, various campaigns, and the tip jar on top of that.
Everyone's only signed up to the £1 tier though aren't they? 🤔

@WoolyMammoth yes, it's a possibility! But I think council renting is beneath our little celebrity. And she said she ripped up the application forms many years ago.

It's definitely a "bought" house. No more renting for wee Jackie
@DinosaurSenior I am enjoying that a dinosaur and a mammoth are considering whether someone from the future is renting or buying a house. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.