Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is exactly the reason I'm angry. Her portions are not enough, the calorie content are pitifully low. People recommending her have probably never even tried to make and eat her slop either. It's dangerous
I was looking through the list of recipes from her book listed on the slopalong thread and I could tell just from the titles that they are going to be calorie deficient* There is duck all in them.

*As well as gobbin.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Wooden stairs- you are more likely to have a sock slip on the wood
Carpeted stairs - you are more likely to have your sock stick to the carpet and your foot slip inside it
So I suppose it depends on your feet/socks/dashing about habits as to which way you prefer to fall lol
What does freak me out is carpeted stairs going straight to a laminate hallway floor, I'm sure the change in footing on the final step is an accident waiting to happen.
I'd be more freaked out if I were in a bungalow, descending the spiral staircase first thing in the morning and remembering to my horror that I'm in a bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
A squig has highlighted something I'd missed about how Teemill pay out money. Actually it's worse than missed, it appears I actually took something Jack said at face value. This was a mistake. I had assumed based on a Jack tweet (THE SHAME) that Teemill just had a monthly payday on 4th of the month. They don't.

Back in the heady days of February, Jack claimed that she would receive her first Teemill payout on 4th March as Teemill pay out monthly. You'll be as shocked as I am to learn this is not accurate. Teemill pay every 30 days, so if you open a store today, sell something you'll get a payment in exactly 30 days. In other words, if you sell something everyday, one month after your first sale you'll be receiving daily payments. Jack claims to have taken just over £11,000 on the first two days of trading (1st and 2nd Feb). Jack would have been due her payment from the first days trading (1st Feb) on 2nd March and the payment from 2nd Feb sales on 3rd March. If her first payment really was on the 4th March, then this would relate to sales from 3rd Feb and would mean there had been no sales on 1st and 2nd Feb, so the Trussell Trust shouldn't have received anything as the sales fall outwith the first two days they'd agreed to accept. I doubt there were no sales on the first two days but as ever with Jack, who knows?

The lack of transparency around this is beyond a joke. I've popped Observant Squig's FORENSIC tweet and evidence behind the spoiler below.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 20.42.09.png
Screenshot 2022-11-03 20.42.27.png
Screenshot 2022-11-03 20.43.06.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
Right then - slop on!

I have been derailed by the awful weather and a neighbour who mistook me for a robber in my own front garden, but that's a story for another day.

I will make anything that doesn't involve beetroot. The smell of boiling beetroot and a cow tongue sitting in a (separate) pot is my Welsh aneurysm.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
@jenny2603 good catch there. Sigh, how does Jack think people will not notice these kinds of discrepancies? Especially when the operational information of sites like Teemill is public for anyone to see.

Reactions: 41
I see AM has been getting some horrible DM’s about Jack from the flying monkeys not realising the info she has shared is from their saviour herself. This is what we have to contend with. How on Earth do these people manage to dress themselves properly let alone function in the real world?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
I’m still catching up, but just popping in to say that I’ll put myself down for the Red Mushroom Curry, if no one’s taken that yet. I am intrigued as to how it qualifies as a red curry, for a start (tomato paste FFS??), but also she calls it a “hot spicy little number” when it only has 1/4 tsp chilli flakes in it for 2-4 people.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
Right then - slop on!

I have been derailed by the awful weather and a neighbour who mistook me for a robber in my own front garden, but that's a story for another day.

I will make anything that doesn't involve beetroot. The smell of boiling beetroot and a cow tongue sitting in a (separate) pot is my Welsh aneurysm.
Quoting myself like a non-robber ninnie to say that it was an old lady with a dog who saw me in a hidden corner of the front garden. What she didn't see was my dog who was busy doing his business because he really didn't want to do it in the howling wind. It probably didn't help that I was trying to unlock a gate at the time. She's about 80, bless her.

Back on topic: up for the slop with no beetroot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
@jenny2603 good catch there. Sigh, how does Jack think people will not notice these kinds of discrepancies? Especially when the operational information of sites like Teemill is public for anyone to see.

I think she doesn't spot the problems, believes she is far more intelligent than everyone else and therefore it doesn't cross her mind because she knows it all, right?

Reactions: 35
I’m still catching up, but just popping in to say that I’ll put myself down for the Red Mushroom Curry, if no one’s taken that yet. I am intrigued as to how it qualifies as a red curry, for a start (tomato paste FFS??), but also she calls it a “hot spicy little number” when it only has 1/4 tsp chilli flakes in it for 2-4 people.
I had to do a double take when reading this recipe. The picture makes it look like the mushrooms are huge, portobello style. But the recipe just says normal mushrooms. So I’m assuming this is just a teeny tiny bowl in the picture and, as ever, this recipe wouldn’t fill a tooth let alone 2-4 people!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
People tagging Jack for tit like this will never stop being funny to me.

Screenshot_20221103_221324.jpg

Maybe they're related to the toothpaste eating man.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
Two things that will always make me laugh

1. I have to look under bloggers for the latest thread. Especially given her website in stuck in 2018. But where else would we put her? Certainly not a guru. Or a celebrity. Is there a category for the perpetually useless?

2. The use of WARNED.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I had to do a double take when reading this recipe. The picture makes it look like the mushrooms are huge, portobello style. But the recipe just says normal mushrooms. So I’m assuming this is just a teeny tiny bowl in the picture and, as ever, this recipe wouldn’t fill a tooth let alone 2-4 people!
And the mushrooms are supposed to be cut in half, but they’re not in the picture. Also, only 200 ml coconut milk and 400 g mushrooms for 2-4 people? There’s not enough nutrition here to sustain a mouse on a short walk.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Jack's mum's potatoes look roasted to perfection compared to Leggy's chicken. That bird could probably shuffle away if left unattended.
founder-of-leon-allegra-mceve-6928cb00.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
So everyone gets 100g of mushrooms each, swimming in an insipid tomato sauce. And that’s dinner? I’m sorry, but this recipe is my 2nd malnourishment aneurysm in as many days. If Jack goes to prison for her grifty ways and charity fraud, may she be condemned to eating her own slop in a government-led, country-wide economy drive implemented throughout all prisons, where meals are made from the recipe library of Jack Monroe.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.