Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she stopped being so vague about the kitten and just said, ‘I have taken her to the vet, we have this care plan / course of treatment in place. Please be assured, I have her care as priority.’ Everyone would think ok, she’s taken her. And stop asking her. And we’d stop wondering.
The vagueness invites questions = attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Thinking of books we read when we were 10 - Half my class had read flowers in the attic in the last year of junior school which had murder, neglect, incest (!) and abuse. I didn’t, but I heard other (quite posh - more than half my class went on to private secondaries) girls chatting about it.
I know I'd started reading true crime by 10. A lot of girls in late primary (which at the time went up to Yr7) had read Flowers in the Attic though.

I think I'd rather my own 10yr old stuck with her DW, and Wimpy Kid, even if they don't stretch her much! I have been running a few of the titles you lovely fraus have mentioned past her, so we'll be hunting them out at the library next visit

Reactions: 20
It doesn't make any kind of sense at all (and stop implying Greek Cypriots look 'dirty'. Absolutely no one I know does, and they would be utterly horrified at the idea)

People come in different colours, even in the same full biological family. Accept it, and move along
Exactly. In my family we are all white but our skin tone is quite drastically different. Me and my dad have olive tones to our skin and tan easily, my mum has what they used to call a classic English rose complexion, very pale and delicate, my brother is pinkish and very freckly. I also have very thick hair with a tendency to go totally wild and frizzy if I don't treat and straighten it every day. We are all still white.

Jack knows this. She is just determined to push this to the absolute limit for some reason.

Reactions: 30
My feeling, after watching Jack's behaviour the past few weeks, is that she's a bit of a sociopath. A while back there was a trans Labour activist called Lily Madigan. Their name had been Liam.

Madigan stood as a Woman's Officer in Kent and then got involved in student politics, then was in Labour. They had caused loads of trouble at their school and were absolutely toxic. Then they disappeared. They studied at Goldsmith's and there was a nasty episode where a female friend quit the Uni and took an overdose or something, because Madigan organised a hate campaign.

Anyway, when I read Jack's tweets it is exactly the same language/style as Madigan's. Carbon copy. When Madigan was on TV they couldn't speak, voice shaking, nervous. But online, a complete bully and aggressive and sarcastic and vicious.

Just like Jack.

So I think Jack has some kind of personality disorder. A narcissist, yes - but also a sociopath. She never leaves her house, she exists solely online, she talks to people and treats people online like dirt, while saying "Be kind", and she seems to have no friendships or real human relationships.

It just reminded me yesterday of what that Madigan person did a while back. It used to be on Mumsnet and it really is carbon copy. Anyway, rambling over!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I got scared for a moment when I saw the title was simply 42. I thought either Jack had done a major chaos or the last thread had veered off course dramatically. It’s too late to catch up. I’ll try in the morning. Goodnight :)
Isn't '42' the answer to everything?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I dont understand why she says she failed grammar school. She passed the exams to get there and left with 4 GCSES. She used to go on about it being 4 and a half because she did a module in something.
When I did my GCSES, you could stay on at school and do your A levels if you got 5 GCSES at grade C or above. If you got less then you were "asked " to go elsewhere.

I am assuming this is what happened to Jack.

If you didn't get the required results then that was it, there was no exceptions.

Pretty much everyone from my school that "failed" just went to the local FE college and did their exams there.
Sorry Motherwellgirl have some how mucked up your quote with my words and I can't manage to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Flowers in the Attic and the other Virginia Andrews novels took such a hold at our school that the teacher who ran the school bookclub finally read one and after that you weren't allowed to order one without parental permission! I seem to remember there was a copy of Jilly Cooper's Riders clandestinely doing the rounds in the 5th form (old money, so whatever the GCSE year is now!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
If she stopped being so vague about the kitten and just said, ‘I have taken her to the vet, we have this care plan / course of treatment in place. Please be assured, I have her care as priority.’ Everyone would think ok, she’s taken her. And stop asking her. And we’d stop wondering.
The vagueness invites questions = attention.
Too easy, because if she did that she wouldn't be able to complain about everyone on the internet wanting to know every part of her life and trolling her and not giving her space to breathe and have a piss and a sandwich because she's

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Thinking of books we read when we were 10 - Half my class had read flowers in the attic in the last year of junior school which had murder, neglect, incest (!) and abuse. I didn’t, but I heard other (quite posh - more than half my class went on to private secondaries) girls chatting about it.
The stuff I was reading by 10 😱 I had an advanced reading age and plundered my mum’s books. Virginia Andrews, Jackie Collins, Stephen King, the Idi Amin biography 😳
I turned out ok. On the outside.
Hahahahahahaha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I think it's genuinely really sad how little *proper* joy she takes in anything. It's no way to live.

And sad that in recent times the thing we've seen her take the most energy from was attempting an assassination of someone else's work/character. That's not a good look. Whether or not DW's books are good or whether or not he is a good human being, I don't know, but there shouldn't be so much glee about it either way.
This. One of the things I - and I'm sure many others - have enjoyed during lockdown is going on walks instead of, you know, going to a pub or shopping or whatever. Now OBVIOUSLY Jack is afflicted with arthritis but she took great pains to point out our error in thinking she was immuno-compromised so there's no reason why she couldn't take a leisurely stroll by the sea every day. It's a really nice walk along the Southend coast if you head east. I'm not one of those folks who think ~nature~ fixes MH issues, but it certainly does a lot of good - all she seems to do is rattle around her crappy bungalow draping herself on sideboards and raging on twitter. How terribly sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
God I LOVED the Flowers in the Attic series when I was 10-11ish. Also Philippa Gregory's Wideacre trilogy, equally disturbing with the incest, murder etc. I think I've turned out ok (I hope).

Also did similar to the girl @Lanie mentioned - I chose a career path which wasn't for me, so you know what I did? I took a pay cut (I do realise I was very privileged to be in the position to do this, I know it's not something everyone can do), entered the field I wanted to work in in an entry-level position, persuaded my new employers after about a year that they really wanted to fund my qualifications, and 4 years later I am in a job (still at the same company who funded me) doing what I actually want to be doing (though you may not know it from the amount of time I spend on here rather than doing my actual work).

If you're not happy with your lot, Jack, be proactive and do something about it!

Also I agree with those who said that it is very convenient that someone tweeted about leg splints for cats with similar leg issues, then suddenly that's what the kitten needs. GO TO THE VET,

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The stuff I was reading by 10 😱 I had an advanced reading age and plundered my mum’s books. Virginia Andrews, Jackie Collins, Stephen King, the Idi Amin biography 😳
Hahahahahahaha.
Are you...... ME?

(Except for the Idi Amin part, I'll sub in books about unsolved mysteries and conspiracy theories there)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I went on her all old blog agirlcalledjack via the WayBack Machine (on a looong Zoom call this morning 😂) and she really has had it in for JO since the start. This was from a 2012 blog.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 09.06.42.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I dont understand why she says she failed grammar school. She passed the exams to get there and left with 4 GCSES. She used to go on about it being 4 and a half because she did a module in something.

There would have been zero to stop her doing A levels as a mature student. I know someone who grew up in difficult circumstances, left school with no qualifications and graduated last year with a first class honours degree in law.

Loads of people don’t do that well in school and get qualifications later on.

Of course that would be too simple and would mean she would have to remove one of the many chips from her shoulder.
She’s lazy though. It’s why she has the begging tin out online, it’s why she can’t save for a deposit despite having an alright income, it’s why she’s so scruffy and dirty, why she can’t put an outfit together, it’s why no one receives their books, it’s why her recipes are tit, why she can’t present a 30 minute slot on her “expertise” as if it’s hard (how many of us could do an insta live about our job with our eyes closed, no prep no cards?).

She’s actually lazy. She does the bare minimum to float on by, heavily motivated by huge advance payments and and when and the rest is just being the laziest witch going. She doesn’t even read to form opinions, she has no insightful political analysis to provide us with. Her book - again she’s so lazy she’s making black women write the bleeping thing - is going to have no citations because she can’t be bothered to research for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
My feeling, after watching Jack's behaviour the past few weeks, is that she's a bit of a sociopath. A while back there was a trans Labour activist called Lily Madigan. Their name had been Liam.

Madigan stood as a Woman's Officer in Kent and then got involved in student politics, then was in Labour. They had caused loads of trouble at their school and were absolutely toxic. Then they disappeared. They studied at Goldsmith's and there was a nasty episode where a female friend quit the Uni and took an overdose or something, because Madigan organised a hate campaign.

Anyway, when I read Jack's tweets it is exactly the same language/style as Madigan's. Carbon copy. When Madigan was on TV they couldn't speak, voice shaking, nervous. But online, a complete bully and aggressive and sarcastic and vicious.

Just like Jack.

So I think Jack has some kind of personality disorder. A narcissist, yes - but also a sociopath. She never leaves her house, she exists solely online, she talks to people and treats people online like dirt, while saying "Be kind", and she seems to have no friendships or real human relationships.

It just reminded me yesterday of what that Madigan person did a while back. It used to be on Mumsnet and it really is carbon copy. Anyway, rambling over!!
what happened to lily? Has she disappeared?! She won the first Jo Cox award for women in politics didn’t she, it was like a mentorship opportunity so I’m surprised she’d have let that disappear.

I remember there was huge uproar on twitter as she had a paypal beg button too, but it was in her “dead name” which people were really suspicious of.

Reactions: 15
In this essay I will, WTF, she’s on Trump now 🙈
670A52C9-E106-400A-B063-F0FA9CB7C51D.jpeg

Of course she does she’s a Pharmacist, don’t you know 😂
D6FEE60A-BE66-4925-93BA-1C6DAB059C85.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Hahahahahahaha.
Ditto to all of the above! I would pretty much read all I could get my hands on and raided my mums bookshelves regularly. I started a life long love of Danielle Steele books at the age of about 10. I'm really too cynical for them these days mind 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It warms my heart that so many of us are in the unsuitable literature club ❤.

My friends and I all discussed and passed round Flowers in the Attic, Wideacre, Stephen King etc.

Happy days!

@acca00 I remember the Lily Madigan stuff as well. You're spot on about the similarities.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.