Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never seen David Walliams as 'untouchable'. I'm curious as to why she thinks he is.
Maybe it’s the Simon Cowell thing 🤷🏻‍♀️ There are a few people I’ve wondered why he sticks with (Sinitta, Amanda Holden, Cheryl Cole - albeit I saw on the Celeb Gossip the reason why that might be...) so maybe because she’s not a fan of DW, she thinks even though he’s the worst person in the world, SC will stick with him and therefore keep him relevant

Reactions: 11
I am throwing my hat into the wildly frizzy tightly curled hair, funny name, olive skin but firmly Caucasian ring. Will await my correction from JM in due course.

On the subject of DW content, anybody remember going back to read the worst bit you could find in a book when you were little? Like if it mentioned poo or someone was called a super naughty name?! And absolutely dying laughing as it was so naughty but you were ‘doing your reading’? It was almost an initiation into that secret world reading affords, a private joke between you and the author.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Wonder if this was before or after her only vegan in the world crusade.

Looks very bog standard to me.

The thing about her twitter rants is. In a few days people won’t care about DW and his books. Even the most outraged of the outraged will move on to something else.

Would she like to be on the receiving end of what she dishes out to people? Of course not. As for her Monrowflake. Grow up.
Hmmm I'd like to think it'd take more than tomato sauce with a blob of marmalade in to get me into bed but we all have different standards I suppose... 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I personally couldn’t care less if she crashes after the full blown tit show of the last few days. You would think she would learn after that Jamie Oliver pile on.

If she feels tit on the come down from all that she absolutely deserves to. You dish all that spite out then you take the consequences. Her responses to some people yesterday were just full blown nasty. Worse than rude. Just nasty.

Next month it will be someone else if she can keep her mouth shut that long.

As for her comments last night about how everyone is trying to spoil things re her cat. Grow up. You aren’t 8. People are genuinely concerned about the kitten. And I suspect your other cat as well. If he’s shat all over your house he’s trying to tell you something. He’s not happy. It’s a big adjustment for him having a new kitten introduced to the house. I’d have done that gradually. Jack of course plonks them in the same room and immediately calls them besties.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
She’s so inappropriate, I really don’t want to read something that implies she’s going to masturbate tonight.
Will she wash her hands first?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I am throwing my hat into the wildly frizzy tightly curled hair, funny name, olive skin but firmly Caucasian ring. Will await my correction from JM in due course.

On the subject of DW content, anybody remember going back to read the worst bit you could find in a book when you were little? Like if it mentioned poo or someone was called a super naughty name?! And absolutely dying laughing as it was so naughty but you were ‘doing your reading’? It was almost an initiation into that secret world reading affords, a private joke between you and the author.
Yes! Soooo naughty, which really is a great way to encourage most kids to read 😂

I mean, the oldest recorded joke is a fart joke. We are fundamentally childish and gross at heart, and that's the appeal of those books to kids. The fun police never come up with any real solutions that actually do appeal to kids, they just whack the ban hammer out

• Heart
Reactions: 26
@Keegan I'm the same regarding hoarding food, as I too didn't have much of it growing up.

@Pocahontas what was the thread title? Just out of curiosity

Prima facie means at face value, which to me doesn't make sense in this tweet? (please do correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope Jack calms down a bit, looking after the child, working, moving and keeping up here is nigh impossible
Hey @IGisntreal The thread title was: Silver Linings Deserves A Medal (by @Harrybosch ) but turns out it’s not allowed as it can be perceived as cliquey to new readers.
Sorry to Harry for sabotaging your thread title! ☹
anyway, I hope you have a chance to read this message before it self destructs / is deleted for being off topic! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Hmmm I'd like to think it'd take more than tomato sauce with a blob of marmalade in to get me into bed but we all have different standards I suppose... 💅
So I shouldn't put any in the sauce I'm making for tea, in case any random men come barging past the knee licking dog to seduce me?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Sounds like her ex bought some of the books and her pal bought another.

This is the same lassie who came stomping on here demanding that no one talk about her child.

I also think it’s a bit odd that she still refers to him as SB. He’s ten.

I also read an article where she says that he sometimes calls her Jack and sometimes calls her Mumma Jack. I’ve never called my mum anything other than mum. Calling her by her first name would just be all kinds of odd.

Reactions: 25
Depends who’s serving though right? If this cabal/coven (what are we calling ourselves these days?) is anything to go, Ian Hislop or Tom Cruise as Maverick serving up = get into bed.

However, Tom Cruise as jumping man on Oprah’s sofa serving up the same = get in the sea hun

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yes! Soooo naughty, which really is a great way to encourage most kids to read 😂

I mean, the oldest recorded joke is a fart joke. We are fundamentally childish and gross at heart, and that's the appeal of those books to kids. The fun police never come up with any real solutions that actually do appeal to kids, they just whack the ban hammer out
Sure! I mean I love reading non fiction and learning through books still, but what hooked me on reading was that entertainment? Moving from Roald Dahl to Spike Milligan as a young adult, that mischievous humour bound up in other things... it teaches you nuance, subtlety, context. I’m appalled at her ignorance (again). She might have failed grammar school but it looks sadly like she’s bitter about anyone else taking joy in more scholarly pursuits. It’s a disgrace.

Reactions: 28
I am still HOOTING over the fact she will not hold her hands up and say “I got it wrong over Mrs Tutelage”

She’s doing herself absolutely no favours by carrying this on. She’d be better off admitting she made a mistake there, pressing that she doesn’t like certain aspects of the stories and that she’d implore parents to check they are happy with the literature their children and reading.

She then needs to get a friend (maybe the one who reads here, hello 👋) to change her social media passwords for her so she can have a real break of a few weeks, not just a few hours.

If she does both of those, she might just about save her career. (For now at least)

Also, someone is about to get blocked...
That reminds me of a comment I read yesterday somewhere I thought was funny. Someone said 'well I've got a Jack Monroe book and some of the recipes are lovely' to which another person replied 'well you obviously haven't been following them correctly'.

• Haha
Reactions: 59

This is the same lassie who came stomping on here demanding that no one talk about her child.

I also read an article where she says that he sometimes calls her Jack and sometimes calls her Mumma Jack. I’ve never called my mum anything other than mum. Calling her by her first name would just be all kinds of odd.
The husband had incredibly odd parents, who thought mum and dad were common. They got to being about 10 or so, and were given the choice of continuing to call them mummy and daddy, or by their first names. Even now, two of his sisters do the same with their now grown up kids. It's weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I dont understand why she says she failed grammar school. She passed the exams to get there and left with 4 GCSES. She used to go on about it being 4 and a half because she did a module in something.

There would have been zero to stop her doing A levels as a mature student. I know someone who grew up in difficult circumstances, left school with no qualifications and graduated last year with a first class honours degree in law.

Loads of people don’t do that well in school and get qualifications later on.

Of course that would be too simple and would mean she would have to remove one of the many chips from her shoulder.

Reactions: 29
That reminds me of a comment I read yesterday somewhere I thought was funny. Someone said 'well I've got a Jack Monroe book and some of the recipes are lovely' to which another person replied 'well you obviously haven't been following them correctly'.
I saw that comment too and laughed up a lung 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 20

And when she was trans he apparently called her MamaPapa - will try and find article but can’t remember where I read this 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Jack Monroe is working class in the same way I'm BAME.

Although, hang on... my hair goes frizzy in the rain and I have an unusual surname.. maybe I am?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.