Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that you have a collection of future husbands
Nothing wrong with the name Trevor.

Reactions: 17
Damn I missed it - too busy Grunkaring to listen to radio.

What accent did she use? The posh girl one or Jackie from the (council) block?

Reactions: 15
The fragrance chat has me wondering what Ian Hislop smells like. Bet he’s lovely and crisp smelling, with just a hint of something mossy. Like a fresh autumn evening personified.
I read the name as Ian Bishop - Harold Bishop/ Ian Smith and thought he'll smell like biscuits. I got very confused with the description of crisp smelling/autumn and had to reread and it all made sense

Having read at a fast pace over the last few days perhaps I can now slow down and read properly again.

The fragrance chat has me wondering what Ian Hislop smells like. Bet he’s lovely and crisp smelling, with just a hint of something mossy. Like a fresh autumn evening personified.
I read the name as Ian Bishop - Harold Bishop/ Ian Smith and thought he'll smell like biscuits. I got very confused with the description of crisp smelling/autumn and had to reread and it all made sense

Having read at a fast pace over the last few days perhaps I can now slow down and read properly again.

Reactions: 25
Gosh. I had no grandparents. I was the youngest of 4 and was a mistake. Told that all through my life. Was basically tormented/bullies by my older siblings and, because I was a bit of a nightmare child (didn’t sleep etc) was told frequently if I’d been the first I’d have been the last Lovely. My elder siblings still resent me to this day. Funnily enough one of them has recently trained to be a counsellor which is quite strange as they are the MOST judgemental person I know and treats me with utter disdain and laughs / mocks me behind my back. Which is just normal for anyone on their radar unless in their clique. As you say, it’s a funny old life. Now in my much older years I’ve grown to accept and ignore and just be.

Reactions: 45
welcome!! And omg I love this post, sorry I’m six years behind the thread but nodded in complete agreement throughout. You’re so right on language, it’s so interesting and nuanced isn’t it...but that gross tweeness is 100% a giveaway, even the baby talk and the gross way she describes food like someone’s posh nana? You’ll have to join the criminal behavioural analysis team on the thread x

Only 20 pages to go til I’m in the future, sorry for bringing this up from ancient history!

Reactions: 33
The amount of times that posted has finished me.

Reactions: 36
U ok, hun?

Reactions: 38
She’s rinsed beans. Spaghetti hoops and peanuts.

Honestly. I can’t take her seriously

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.