Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Toot Toot.

It's Saturday night with a shiny new thread. Thank you @jenny2603 for nominating this Squig quote for our new thread title, you get Jack's goodie bag, yoink.

Jack attended the Observer Food Monthly awards and the readers voted her to be their Food Hero. Nice. She wore her Diva suit badly, with chunky trainers. Not a good look.

She hasn't thanked anyone yet for this award, but did post a photo to Insta, the 24 hours after the awards were truly awful and she's breadcrumbing some tit. Ergh.

Please stay on topic, and welcome all newbies, hiiiii, please check out our wiki full of Jack FACTS, it's a ride and a read.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Too slow, can’t quote.

CF20FD5E-5597-4D43-81B3-3F9B2730C608.jpeg

I like that this website did make suggestions for zhuzhing up their soup recipe.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I was wondering if her cryptic tweet about horrendous 24 hours preceded by wonderful 24 hours might be hinting that she hit the bottle at the awards. She’d sure get a lot of sympathy for falling off the waggon, could blame the ‘trolls’ and start her journey to sobriety all over again.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Ugh wouldn't surprise me if we get a nice label pity-me-blame-the-trolls. But I imagine she'll just leave it hanging like everything else (opportunities, exciting things, dreadful things....)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ugh wouldn't surprise me if we get a nice label pity-me-blame-the-trolls. But I imagine she'll just leave it hanging like everything else (opportunities, exciting things, dreadful things....)
Sideboard thirst shot grey undies posing things…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Afterbirth Oats is my personal worst looking Jack recipe ever, closely followed by the (new to me) oil slick soup and then grey mushroom deposit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I was wondering if her cryptic tweet about horrendous 24 hours preceded by wonderful 24 hours might be hinting that she hit the bottle at the awards. She’d sure get a lot of sympathy for falling off the waggon, could blame the ‘trolls’ and start her journey to sobriety all over again.
Entirely possible. Or, she went round to her parents house to boast about her award and found THAT MAN in the kitchen teaching her receptive Mam how to cook perfect roast potatoes (that Fingers Kerridge was helpfully peeling), while the rest of the family clapped and cheered and Nigella called her Mam “tender one” as she watched it all on Zoom.

That or she found out that her assaulted Ian Duncan Smith adoring brother has been offered a presenting segment on Saturday Kitchen and a Guardian column. Or her “little brother” came on his weekly trip to pick up her washing and ironing for Mam to do, and when he brought it back the grey pov jumper had a massive ironing burn hole in the front.

Or, as already suggested, the shelf fell down again.

Oh, and if anyone’s wondering what to have for dinner tonight and has a spare 38p kicking around the place, The Abominable SnowCook ❄ has Saturday night sorted for you.
Sorry, I mean Saturday Night Dinner

Raw and burned broccoli, oily barley, some sort of strange semi-translucent creamy repugnance she’s claiming is raita and the saddest greasy wilted flat-as-a-pancake spring onion you’ll (hopefully) ever see. Dinner, anyone?!
532A4C4D-04D9-4512-AFF2-7C0EB0CBD73E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
Entirely possible. Or, she went round to her parents house to boast about her award and found THAT MAN in the kitchen teaching her receptive Mam how to cook perfect roast potatoes (that Fingers Kerridge was helpfully peeling), while the rest of the family clapped and cheered and Nigella called her Mam “tender one” as she watched it all on Zoom.

That or she found out that her assaulted Ian Duncan Smith adoring brother has been offered a presenting segment on Saturday Kitchen and a Guardian column. Or her “little brother” came on his weekly trip to pick up her washing and ironing for Mam to do, and when he brought it back the grey pov jumper had a massive ironing burn hole in the front.

Oh, and if anyone’s wondering what to have for dinner tonight and has a spare 38p kicking around the place, The Abominable SnowCook ❄ has Saturday night sorted for you.

Raw and burned broccoli, oily barley, some sort of strange creamy repugnance she’s claiming is raita and the saddest spring onion you’ll (hopefully) ever see. Dinner, anyone?!
View attachment 1653026
Did she fry the onions on radiator that had been switched off 30m before?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
@HotesTilaire - yep, I know the block she was in and it was in a good area, very close to a bit of the town that had (at the time) a great night time economy and creative scene. It was a nice block and in a pretty ideal location for a non-driver, especially with a small kid.

(sorry that was continuing from the previous thread, so can’t quote Hotes’ post directly!)

• Wow
Reactions: 47

Raw and burned broccoli, oily barley, some sort of strange creamy repugnance she’s claiming is raita and the saddest greasy wilted flat-as-a-pancake spring onion you’ll (hopefully) ever see. Dinner, anyone?!
View attachment 1653026
I thought that was a chamaeleon/gecko in a show and tell Tupperware box.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
@HotesTilaire - yep, I know the block she was in and it was in a good area, very close to a bit of the town that had (at the time) a great night time economy and creative scene. It was a nice block and in a pretty ideal location for a non-driver, especially with a small kid.

(sorry that was continuing from the previous thread, so can’t quote Hotes’ post directly!)
I recall talk that it had 3 showers?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I do find it really interesting that multiple Frauen have picked up on what seems - from our perspective - to be Jack’s extreme reluctance to move “home” (Ma and Pa H’s). It’s made me think about my own dysfunctional family a bit more than I would have liked.

In a bad situation, moving “home” wouldn’t be an option for me and my kids if there was any alternative, because one of my parents would trash my confidence and mental health. They’ve done it again and again through my life, so being low-contact with them is the only way I can exist. We go back for visits mainly to see other family members, but that’s it. I wonder if a similar dysfunctional dynamic is a part of it for Jack, there do seem to be some parallels.

I have to remind myself not to feel too sympathetic for her though, she already got me once this week and then I was annoyed at myself when she was insufferable mere hours later 😂 Anyway if a narc parent is at the root of her problems, she needs to gird her loins and get herself into some serious therapy for it. No sympathy from me till she does that.

I recall talk that it had 3 showers?
I’d be surprised if she was in one of the ones that had en-suites, there were more basic/mid-range apartments in that block too and I think it was only the “penthouse” ones (it was only a mid rise so penthouse is generous!) that had the top-end layout and fixtures. But that’s a memory from a long time ago so maybe I’m wrong? If there’s evidence for three showers, I can totally be flexible about my memories!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I do find it really interesting that multiple Frauen have picked up on what seems - from our perspective - to be Jack’s extreme reluctance to move “home” (Ma and Pa H’s). It’s made me think about my own dysfunctional family a bit more than I would have liked.

In a bad situation, moving “home” wouldn’t be an option for me and my kids if there was any alternative, because one of my parents would trash my confidence and mental health. They’ve done it again and again through my life, so being low-contact with them is the only way I can exist. We go back for visits mainly to see other family members, but that’s it. I wonder if a similar dysfunctional dynamic is a part of it for Jack, there do seem to be some parallels.

I have to remind myself not to feel too sympathetic for her though, she already got me once this week and then I was annoyed at myself when she was insufferable mere hours later 😂 Anyway if a narc parent is at the root of her problems, she needs to gird her loins and get herself into some serious therapy for it. No sympathy from me till she does that.

I’d be surprised if she was in one of the ones that had en-suites, there were more basic/mid-range apartments in that block too and I think it was only the “penthouse” ones (it was only a mid rise so penthouse is generous!) that had the top-end layout and fixtures. But that’s a memory from a long time ago so maybe I’m wrong? If there’s evidence for three showers, I can totally be flexible about my memories!
Or, (and not trying to be facetious or funny here) they didn’t want her to move back home for some reason.

Reactions: 55
there did seem to be alot of it about, so perhaps. It couldnt havebeen easy for her to ignore it, espcially as she seemingly needs AA so much and if there was amminosity at the after party.

i hope sincerely for her SON and her that this isnt the case.

Reactions: 20
So it seems Molly is getting lots of abuse and threats in her inbox 😯😯

Will Jack Monroe tell her cult followers to stop, or by doing nothing, will she say it's OK to do so?

Sooner this disgusting grifter is fully cancelled, shamed and stripped of everything she's scammed, the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
@Lucy Aeroplane she buggers your mind up. That's what she does. It serves her well and keeps her in luxury. Even if she never got a paying gig in the future the patreons who can afford to forget the outgoings will keep her going . It's infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
@Lucy Aeroplane she buggers your mind up. That's what she does. It serves her well and keeps her in luxury. Even if she never got a paying gig in the future the patreons who can afford to forget the outgoings will keep her going . It's infuriating.
I think it’s because we all want to believe there must be some understandable reason she’s ended up being a terrible grifter instead of doing meaningful work about the stuff she claims to care about. I just wanna understand whyyyyyyy!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I think it’s because we all want to believe there must be some understandable reason she’s ended up being a terrible grifter instead of doing meaningful work about the stuff she claims to care about. I just wanna understand whyyyyyyy!
The reason is because Jack Monroe is a nasty, thieving, sociopathic bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
You were better placed to know than us ninnies

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.