Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not seen the pizza photo before.
I know it's filtered to buggery but is she really kneading pizza dough with grazed knuckles?!!!!
Now, now the street fightin' smol pixie grazed those knuckles FIGHTING HARD for the poors. Life is tough in the Thorpe Bay ghetto.

Reactions: 59
"support open barbers"... by not paying them in actual money
Why does this not surprise me
TBF Open Barbers (IIRC) always had a 'pay want you can' policy (or in Jack's case, 'don't pay, shan't') - and I think Jack offered cooking or something as one of the rewards when Open Barbers were crowdfunding for new premises, which is where this came from. a bit, but I had friends who were close to the chaps who run Open Barbers

Reactions: 28
I used to LOVE guests like that and used to take them to the trolley like ‘you want soap? Tea? Coffees? Shower gels? Yep, hold out your top!’
Thank you for your services to stocking bathroom cabinets on the cheap. God bless you Ma’am

Reactions: 31
I'm crying that THAT BLOODY LAMP is on the list.

As another Frau has said those blue ones are Jimmy Choo Rens - retailed $925 so whats that, £800 plus in 2016.

Reactions: 28
I'm crying that THAT BLOODY LAMP is on the list.

As another Frau has said those blue ones are Jimmy Choo Rens - retailed $925 so whats that, £800 plus in 2016.
Weren’t those Jimmy Choos for that gender photoshoot? Were they “models own”?

Reactions: 17
here too, I actually know the person in the pic with Jack. I'm pleased it's not one of Jack's really dreadful hair 'styles' otherwise I'd have to say something to them. I love Open Barbers and their ethos.

Reactions: 34
I've not seen the pizza photo before.
I know it's filtered to buggery but is she really kneading pizza dough with grazed knuckles?!!!!
And a fussy, dangly bracelet with lots of slidey parts and nooks and crevices for dough to get all stuck in. Blergh.

Reactions: 35
I‘m not sure it’s a safeguarding issue posting photos of her son all over the internet (although thankfully she now doesn’t include his face) but she certainly displays a huge lack of boundaries.

And I can quite believe his mates look at her Twitter. He’s not at a school where z list celeb parents are the norm so she’ll stand out. My son and his friends are fascinated by parents who have money or do exciting jobs. She’s fame adjacent and her Twitter is a car crash

Reactions: 46
Whenever she's on she's introduced as a campaigner. Which she isn't and the people who say this are lying.

She is not a campaigner.
I found this yesterday from 2015, which makes much the same point and had the measure of her back then. It’s an interesting read, and demonstrates she has neither grown nor changed since then.

“I have been campaigning for the living wage for as long as I have been campaigning” says Monroe but her campaigning amounts to her talking about being a campaigner. This awareness raising, her, following her, becomes an end in itself

Reactions: 60
Wow! They totally had her number. Shame the linked article isn’t there any more

Reactions: 42
I have a 12 year old daughter who has her own (full of stuff- desk, painting things, music stand, violin, keyboard, computer, dresser, etc) room. I make her bed every morning after the school run rush and I change the bedding weekly. I have never ever had the inclination to get in it?! It would feel such a violation of her space, even though I go in there to retrieve her pyjamas for the wash!

Absolutely no chance that room is used by SB regularly- there’s nothing 12 year old child in it! I reckon once every other weekend tops. All his actual stuff - PlayStation, Lego builds, books, TV and so on are probably in his wallpaper-and-bedding appropriate room in his main residence at his dads. She even had to ask her stans on Twitter if they thought he’d like the room. Wouldn’t she know?

Single mum my arse. She can’t even look after that poor scruffy dog.

Reactions: 65
How strange that she wouldn’t show a picture on Twitter that day then. Especially if she had one on socials already. She’s a weird creature isn’t she

Reactions: 25
Narcs never grow or change

Reactions: 30
At least she’s acknowledging the suckers who paid for it all

ETA what the unholy fuck is “mince pie sandwich pickle”?!

Reactions: 46
I dunno, people can trash their stuff when they're trashed.

Broken whiskey bottle in your bag because you fell over pissed or whatnot, and too far gone to clean it before it stains. Fits with the alcoholic narrative.

Reactions: 29
Her ‘artwork’ choices are interesting

Loving the trip to Tanzania shot; “Jack Monroe, White Saviour” aka “The Time I Met a Poor Black Person”. Behind the back of the sofa too, so you see it when you walk in the door, but don’t have to look at it when you’re actually sitting on the sofa.

Also, MASSIVE EYEROLL

Pretty sure your home is not “a dwelling where one feels relaxed”, “a place where love and laughter flourishes”, or “a happy abode” Jack. What with everyone else having to tread on eggshells around adolescent arrested development Main Character Monroe, The Massive Narc Nightmare.

Reactions: 52
Yuck. If she wasn't performing alcoholism she'd have those wine o'clock signs all over the place.

Reactions: 55
Hello! What's this about a dildo? I'm not googling it.

When did everyone else realise she's completely deranged? It was the practice run for moving to a one bed for me.

Eta: Looking back, there were a number of signs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.