Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I'm gonna say at this point, in light of some awesome new dot connecting is this:

Action Fraud is your friend. The more Jack Monroe is on their radar, the more pressed they will be to investigate more seriously.

I'll not risk the Essex Celeb Squad hunting me down at her request, but it does look more and more like Jack should be worried about a word beginning with F and rhyming with broad......

Reactions: 57
The laughing is for the recreational consensual humiliating trousers on your Dad dear . I'm sure we've all been there.
As have our children.... really makes you think xx

Reactions: 25
Off topic but the 90s tv vibes are strong on this thread - a Simon Quinlank quote, appropriately from “Fist of Fun” and the thread title is giving me SM:TV wonky donkey it’s not a GORILLA with a sore knee! It’s got to RHYME!

Reactions: 39
To be fair to Jack, most people are very happy to pass down cast off furniture.

The gritting was when she tried to guilt people in to buying her amateurish attempts at crafting. That pitiful attempt at a child's dress that appeared to be a bit of old curtain tacked on to a vest, looked like it had been made by a child.

Reactions: 35
More ye olde bollox from yesteryore. 2013 article.
“Didn’t tell anyone she was hungry“ from November 2011 to at least December 2012. Even though in that time she told thousands of people including her parents and friends via her blog, by her own admission her mother came round with food, and they spent Christmas Day 2012 at her parents

Took her “18 months to find work” and only then was she able to “feed herself and her son 3 meals a day again”. So from November until May/June 2013? Despite all the jobs (including bar work, a trainee reporter on her local newspaper etc etc all of which she LEFT- apart from the one that fired her for being too nice - and including the one she left to start her self employed craft business). Plus multiple columns and interviews etc.

What I think she means by “took me 18 months to find work” is ‘work that suits my grandiose notions of what I’m entitled to’, because that’s when she got hired to write the weekly ‘Recipes for Life’ guardian column that lasted from July 2013 all the way through to April 2015 and commissioned to write her book.

It’s also unbelievable (in the literal sense of the word) that she resigned from a £27,000 a year job in November 2011 but was in this level of dire straits by Christmas in the following month.

It’s truly incredible that NOBODY in the media EVER did even a modicum of due diligence and research on this lying charlatan. No wonder her lurid pov tales have become increasingly wild and improbable over the years; she’s high on their ineptitude in letting her get away with it. Mateus mate, where are you?

Reactions: 78
Tender one, there was also a 50p Nicole Farhi jacket x

View attachment 1638849
*wine rant about the fashion industry*
The charity shop stuff really grates my spam. For a start, she’s obviously not got that designer stuff from a charity shop, we all know that, secondly it just smacks of smugness, that people struggling financially only wear fast fashion and badly made/fitting clothes because they’re too dim to go to Sue Ryder.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a big second hand clothes buyer for a long time (parents both in the garment industry so would tell me off for buying ‘crap’) but it’s not always viable and takes a lot of time and patience that a lot of people don’t have. I don’t have kids and have usually worked shifts that mean I’m around when the shops are quiet so I can properly browse.
Maybe Southend is full of millionaire women giving all their £500+ dresses to Salvation Army, but if she’s going to be a dick about yellow label groceries, surely this applies too?
When I lived in a predominantly middle class city I’d managed to get some high quality stuff very cheap from charity shops, but not as cheap as she makes out and not as valuable by any stretch. At the end of the day, the employees and volunteers are trying to get as much money as possible and they’re usually not completely oblivious to these things. (Once when I was about 12 my best friend and I managed to get a couple of Sims 2 expansion packs for under a fiver, that’s the best bargain I’ve got to this date and I’m still chuffed).
Basically, for a lot of people fast fashion is the best option, the industry is absolutely horrific, the clothes don’t last. Charity shops and second hand clothes shopping in general is much more economical and eco friendly, but not always a practical option.
Basically Jack, just shut up and do something useful. You didn’t get all your designer crap for 30p and you’re not fooling anyone.

Reactions: 68
Not quoting them as I don't want to repeat them in the thread but the photos with her son break my heart. His little face. The digital footprint she has created for him without his consent is shocking and sickening.

Reactions: 96
We have a frau who was on a Facebook parenting group at the time. Jack was saying she was starting the craft business and the others were imploring her to claim benefits for the sake of her son. There is also the “Mummy works” quote.
Bread and Jam sort of became a CIC (community interest company) basically not a charity but not-for-profit. I think there was talk of taking donations which would be upcycled, then it all went quiet coz fame.

Reactions: 37
Hm. I've been wondering about that bit of nepotism, actually...

@Cornelia Hosendove weren't you looking up fire service entrance requirements a few days ago? Let me guess, she should have needed 5 GCSEs at grades A-C for the role she was in?
Do we think Big D nepotised his son into the RAF too?
These deep dives are amazing, Vali you are a ledge (not a window one)

Reactions: 21

“No carpets for TWO YEARS” = “the place I lived had laminate floors”. Also I know pics can deceive, but those pics of her home from the Guardian, Mirror and other pieces from 2012 and 2013 do not look like a place that’s damp or mouldy or anything else. Further, NO journalist at the time in any article from any publication, many of whom visited her at her home, makes mention of the damp or mould, which they surely would have? Yet she’s constantly milking that to this day.

i chopped off their faces as wanted to show the floor but not SB and didn’t like/want to ‘squiggle out’ all over his face.

Reactions: 63
She was claiming benefits while running the craft business, per the Sunday People:

Reactions: 33
And yet she later claims SB never went hungry.

Reactions: 30
Who is the third brother?
Pretty positive it’s a mistake and she only has two. They must have meant massive Cotswold dressers in her future dining room, or ex fiancées and broken engagements she’d had, not brothers.

ETA Clean Sweep on Tattle’s most liked posts list

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
It really fucks me off that these supposed rotten shit holes she lived in were two bedroom places. This riles me right up, and I’ve said this before - When my kids were small I had very little money (exact same era as Jack’s fake pov story), I had cots/toddler beds squashed up against my own bed. It was just whatever, you live within your means. Sure Start, free child places, Healthy Start etc etc etc were brilliant at that time. Nobody skint and single insists their toddler has their own bedroom. If I couldn’t afford lightbulbs or food for my kids, I would have gone for a bedsit, no question.

Reactions: 70
People who are blog-diving - when did Jack start posting her 'recipes'? Would be interesting to know how long before her May 2013 book deal. Especially since she was invited to give a talk on this difficulties that working class women face in the publishing industry.

Reactions: 22
That M & S waterfall cardi is the epitome of middle class

Reactions: 47
Haha, Jack probably thinks that character was inspired by her life story!

Reactions: 17
Jack's loving, saintly, protective parents didn't bother with their 1yr old grandson at Christmas, then? Didn't ask when they'd be seeing him?

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.