Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally love shoving an entire rainforest up my schnoz while pontificating about Del Monte and being a minor player in drug cartel murders. Take THAT, Jack fans!

I know these tweets are old but why the brackets around her name? I’m pretty sure that’s an online anti-Semitic dogwhistle used ironically by Jewish people in their usernames. (See: actor Joshua Molina) Jack’s not Jewish, right? Yikes.
I think she either didn't understand what it means or was claiming some kind of faux-solidarity with Jewish people

Reactions: 47
In all honesty I don't think the Sunday Woman article is very good. It's poorly written and focuses more on having a dig at Jack than focusing on the facts. I'm a little disappointed. Molly did a much better job.
Agree. It's mostly a bitchy merail that focuses too much on trivial things.
There is a real need for a proper journalist to put this together, pull out the discrepancies and factual/financial holes and put them to Jack for some answers. Particularly around the legal fundraiser, the "other charities" from the Teemill money, how much she gets from her Patreon, and whether those bank accounts shots she posted are really all the money she has in the world.
This wouldn't be info that would have to be shared with the world, just evidence to support her claims. And if she can't provide it, then it makes u think

Reactions: 54
Guys, the "cool girl hypocrites" tweet wasn't written by a Jack stan - it's one of the single issue anti-Jack squigs whose tweets have been posted here a few times. Very strange.

Not trying to mod but it's probably best not to give them any more attention.

Reactions: 71
The bot articles + creation of multiple social media accounts with similar names = Reputation Management.

Classic (meaning basic and old school) technique for controlling the mentions.

Reactions: 44
Yep definitely not, they’re an ex-Tattler who hates the mods and most of us here so best to ignore them. (Waiting to be screenshot with a scathing critique )

Reactions: 113
The Sunday Woman article was a mashup of the Hunger Hurts 1&2 stories and those celebrity bot articles like the ones saying Jack's preggers or a millionaire.
Poorly edited and researched.

She absolutely centred herself, her childhood, their redemption, her success, her trip back into poverty...'what about meeeee....'

Real shame as it's being shared loads

hope the writer reads here and rewrites it stat.
She would have been better off resharing the Awfully Molly story .

Enjoyed the free ten mins of Blocked and Reported, still trying to work out the t&Cs, can I listen once then cancel?
I am a Cool Girl obvs, just a bit procrastinaty...

Can a pensioner be cool...

Asking for a friend
Yes. Absolutely.

Do I need to listen to the BBC Scotland? It sounds like a major departure even for Jack
She is pretty much Scottish tho so it's natural she's on their radio station aye pal.
. It's her second home apparently. I'm surprised she doesn't say Scortish like the way she says she is Norn Irish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 49
Back from Tattle Life retirement for tatergate.

Are the bots phase 1 of reputation management? It's almost like they're trying to get Jack trending because the reaction to the leaving has been muted, to non existent. Like 'yoo hoo, please notice that I've LEFT, coo eee, HELLO! Anyone out there?'. Attaching a random 7year old video to it as well is just desperate.

Only big blue ticker I've seen comment is Jeremy Vine and he even implied it's the right thing for them to do. Nothing from Mom. No hashtag campaigns on the go.

The Sunday Woman article isn't great, it sounds too personal. And it won't turn any heads that have been fed Jack's story for the past 10yrs. Tbh I doubt any great revelations about misappropriation of charitable funds etc would sway some of the hardened supporters. I think many would forgive it. Jack's intentions were good in raising the money but she had to do it as SB couldn't have toast and jam because of the Tory bastards and they drove her down that path. I would expect people to say that they don't even mind that the money went to Jack instead of charity because to them Jack IS a charity. Like sponsoring a kid in Africa or something. "How do you support the impoverished Cressida?" "Oh I donate to Jack Monroe, poor little pixie, can't afford lightbulbs, it's turrible darling we must do more". Apologies if your name is Cressida.

The people who will steer clear though is probably brand partners

Reactions: 59
https://giphy.com/H0wuDyUP3vax2
Greetings, fellow cool ninnies

I’m wondering if Jack is gearing up (no pun intended) for an article/interview with a sympathetic (gullible and/or crony) outlet along the lines of ‘I’m not perfect, I’ve made mistakes, but online trolls are making my life HELL. I’m too ill to work, the organised hate campaign is hurting all the poors…’

She certainly needs more than just reactivating Twitter to come back.

Reactions: 72
Huzzah... at the age of 66 I have finally achieved coolness in my conversion from squig to frau. (Have you watched The Great btw. Good down time from grunking)

Reactions: 62
Can a pensioner be cool...

Asking for a friend
You're the Hugh Heffner of the canal, Manc-B, the coolest of the cool

On topic- Jack was never a cool girl but ticks the sanctimonious box. She can't sit with us.

Reactions: 73
Enjoyed the free ten mins of Blocked and Reported, still trying to work out the t&Cs, can I listen once then cancel?
I am a Cool Girl obvs, just a bit procrastinaty...
You can sign up and pay $5 for a month which gives you access to all their podcasts, but remember to cancel before the next subscription is due.

Reactions: 24
Unfortunately it was a badly written article. According to the author's website she is a professional copywriter. Which surprises me.

Reactions: 51
Amazing work @That Forensic Man & other clever ninnies, chapeau x

I’ve searched past threads and couldn’t see that this Instagram look had been costed before? Huge apols if I’m duplicating old news, but I’ve worked it out at a minimum £98.91 (mini sizes where available & combined blusher and bronzer palette) to a maximum £134.11. Jack was very clear that there was no sponsorship or freebies.

Reactions: 57
I really hope Private Eye is on the case, working softly, gently, forensically in the background on a grifty, sloppy exposé.

I had a week’s holiday then went straight to London for a mammoth 7-day, 84-hour workathon (yeah, I’m a sub-100 hours slacker) so am only just catching up with everything from the Potato Flounce to the podcast, to the amazing Spenny List.
If she’s not fucked by now, it can’t be long. You Cool Girls are amazing.

Reactions: 67
That looked bagged rich, old Harold, though. Paid for itself.

Reactions: 59
I noticed that. So it's someone anti-Jack and anti-here.

Reactions: 32
Doesn't she get her hair cut at Toni & Guy? Cut & blowdry with no extra treatments at the Southend salon is minimum £55, maximum £77

Edit - and she doesn't have hair streaming halfway down her back like I do so she can't get away with getting it cut every six months, it's probably every 3 months at a minimum.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.