Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll work harder to snort only fair-trade, ethically-sourced, sustainable coke. Thanks, squig.

While I understand the destruction the squig points out, I have never heard anyone say, "I went sober as a human rights exercise." Maybe because users don't care. Maybe because it is easier to give up canned pineapple. Maybe because I am a frosty girl--way cooler than cool. But I'm not sure what squig's fucking point is. That we are just as bad as JM for forays into controlled substances that injure others while questioning JM's decision to make $$$ by being the face of Del Monte even though she said she'd never sell out? Not sure it is a reasonable equivalent.

Anyway, my concern with JM's alleged coke use has more to do with how she spends her filthy lucre, and how someone with a steady income stream can still be broke. I'm sorry, squig, that some of the folks here sympathize with her substance abuse issues, encourage her to get real help, and share their own experiences.

Reactions: 62
"The British chef and queer author" is such an odd way to phrase it. Makes it sounds like she writes books on queer issues and not, you know, how to mix coca cola with tinned beef.
Shouldn’t it be “The queer British Chef and Author” or “The British Chef and Author, who is queer” IDK. All chefs write cookbooks thesedays. Send English grammaro’s

Reactions: 55
Whenever someone brings up that list of foods that don’t go together the recipe ideas I think of

Reactions: 57
She works about one day a week!

Reactions: 28
"The British chef and queer author" is such an odd way to phrase it. Makes it sounds like she writes books on queer issues and not, you know, how to mix coca cola with tinned beef.
'Chef' This is what really punches my pumble! I know chefs and they are trained and hard working! How does this chancing grifter fall under this job description?

Reactions: 53
I still feel sorry for space squig.
I still feel sorry for us not knowing what was in the gift box.
Probably had a Liverpool shirt with monroe69 on the back or something.
JM was going to ask Liverpool fc if she could post about it.
Following the narrative of Jack is like watching blade runner.
All though lies will be lost in time, time to lie.

Reactions: 58
I read that too. Had to employ CCleaner and a Dettol bath after reading it tbh.

I actually thought it was a pile of shite waste of time and internet space. All they seemed to say was 'I don't know if this is true', zero actual research,

Maybe I missed the nuance as I scrolled through but I wasn't particulalry impressed. Not sure if it helped Jack more than the people speaking out against the grift. I would go back and read it again but I'm BUSY.

Reactions: 22
Gah the chef title boils my tits.
You never hear Delia Smith or Mary Berry call themselves chefs. They're home cooks and damn good at it because it's a skill to create recipes that work and be able to explain clearly in a 5 or 10 min tv slot or page or two in a book how to make a meal that will feed people with ingredients to hand in most supermarkets.
Jack isn't even a good home cook.

Reactions: 72
Several times I've wanted to laugh and whole heartedly heart in reaction to comments. Mods, can we have a a heart-crying-laughing emoji please?
No?

Reactions: 37
Hello Ninnies! I’ve been away from these threads for a while but now back and delighted to see the grift slowly collapsing like a pumble soufflé. Loving all the insights from the new Frauen too!

I was glad to see the insights on the previous thread because imho this explains everything about Jack’s behaviour. Every. Single. Thing. The lying, the billy big balls, the graphic and inappropriate tweets, the compulsive spending, the shaky IRLmedia appearances, the constant furniture and book shelf rearranging…everything.

Like PPs I also believe that she and Nigella have history and also the is at the root of her relationship break ups.

In fact the only thing doesn’t explain is how she got famous in the first place and we all know that that was a fluke and then a Frankenstein creation by the upper middle class media who wanted a tame Poor.

Is she still off Twitter? Can’t wait to see how she styles this one out.

Reactions: 80
It's pleasing - better than last time I looked. I noticed that it's gone from something like "is from a working class background" to "described as coming from a working class background", which is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: 39
I’m sure this was discussed at the time but why would Jack need to ask LFC for permission to post Space Squig’s gift?!? Make it make sense

Reactions: 20
Smells like transphobic. There are plenty of retired arseholes blogging their thoughts. I wanna see publishing!

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.