Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember this?

View attachment 1616026

24/7 job.
House too small (yes, she's talking about the palatial shitty bungalow here).

Lol
House too small for it? that 4 bed detached house/bungalow with stairs?!

I, like many, spent lockdown WFH with my partner in the living room of our small 1 bed flat. Still together and doing well, married now.

If your relationship couldn’t survive that it probably wasn’t up to much anyway. And/or your narc ways are what killed it. Stop kidding yourself Jack.

Reactions: 63
Remember this?

View attachment 1616026

24/7 job.
House too small (yes, she's talking about the palatial shitty bungalow here).

Lol
This grates my corned beef. Mr N was furloughed while I worked mostly from home and it was trying at times but we just made the best of it. Because that’s what you do in a partnership. It didn’t take long for LJC to LEAVE after lockdown started so it must have been an absolute nightmare for her.

Reactions: 55
So many friends of mine broke up after lockdown. A few marriages ended too. I think if there are problems within a relationship, lockdown was just a massive magnifying glass.

Reactions: 66
Worth noting as well that it's easy to search by keyword + poster on Tattle. This is a great feature as nine times out of ten when I'm looking for something specific, I can just search for the relevant keyword in posts by @Marmalade Atkins and I know it'll be there.

Reactions: 38
Do you mean the slop bin dear heart?

I have no idea what tinned mackerel and cup a soup should taste like, so anyone could tell me it was the real thing and I would believe them providing I didn't have to eat it!

Reactions: 23
Still catching up. I’m glad she’s off Twitter but missing Jock Monroe, appropriating a Scots Tweet accent and inventing haggis soup. Whilst claiming to be poorer than everyone, obvs.

Reactions: 24
This is really interesting tbh + can’t wait to see how it aligns with the other/old(?) dataset. Are you logged in / a subscriber / a follower if you don’t mind me asking so I can try and replicate this num? Our script is just reading the landing page w/o a login, I wonder if I should make something that also scrapes however you’re viewing this and we can run the two concurrently? Exciting tho that’s quite the drop

Reactions: 44
I’m not sure she’s really in their remit though is she? I wish she was. It’s one of my faves.
I'm not sure either tbh, it's on my list of stuff to listen to at some point. There is a nutrition angle that needs exploring so maybe.

Reactions: 14
I'm not sure either tbh, it's on my list of stuff to listen to at some point. There is a nutrition angle that needs exploring so maybe.
Oh definitely. They tend to do critiques on diet books or wellness fads but if they did a deep dive on the nutrition in her recipes and maybe did a test of some of them that would be amazing.

Reactions: 37
Whilst we're trying to manifest our dream Jack takedowns, mine would be Patrick Radden Keefe

Reactions: 15
Jack defender squiqs are getting a bit desperate. Using the how many years old (?) Katie Hopkins defeat to drum up support for our favourtie slopmaker.

2/10 - must try harder, Squig x

Reactions: 44
I’m just reading some Sherlock Holmes, which I find soothing, and Conan Doyle refers to a ‘slop shop’. I had visions of Mrs Jack Monroe Miggins serving up gruel and porter to sailors but it turns out that they were shops that sold cheap clothing.

As you were.
https://giphy.com/jBGhBiPXCFpxTB550m

Reactions: 36
So many friends of mine broke up after lockdown. A few marriages ended too. I think if there are problems within a relationship, lockdown was just a massive magnifying glass.
We all know she is not in bed with the truth most of the time but she said as well she streaked when LJC was on a video call. And that’s the kind of thing I think she was telling the truth about

Reactions: 74
I mentioned before I made a creator's page to see how easy/difficult it was to pause subs for patrons and when I look at JM's page, I see 777 patrons. I'm not sure why this is.

Reactions: 22
A lot of families went through lockdown with no personal or outside space, never mind a spare bedroom and spare living room and several extensions. It's so offensive, and so obviously a fantasy excuse for the real reason.

Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.