Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
Oh babe. Amphetamines are much cheaper and therefore ideal for the POORS #moneysavingtips
Not always cheaper...

Had to move house with very little notice about 15 years ago (thanks to a letting agent screw-up). Very busy at work all week, so had the bright idea of taking speed and pulling an all-nighter to get ready for the move.

By the time daybreak came, I had meticulously tidied the contents of my chest of drawers, washed and dried all my crockery/cutlery/glassware, neatly re-arranged my stationery supplies, sorted about a thousand CDs into alphabetically-ordered piles, highlighted various uninteresting numbers on six year's worth of gas and electricity bills, and filled a single box with a small but perfectly-tessellated selection of books.

I ended up having to pay the removals people an extra £600 to help me pack - which, to be fair, they made a much better job of than I ever could have.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

StatusWoe

VIP Member
But when people like Johann Hari
I was disappointed when the Johann Hari story broke. I liked his writing and thought he was decent. :(

I think it might bring about some interest from sectors that I personally don’t care for.
You don't have to give any response to this, especially as you said you wouldn't elaborate, but I'm curious to know which groups you're referring to. (Sorry I'm being nosy. This is how I've ended up on a gossip site! 😅).

now, can a kindly Podcast Frau tell me how I do this? Imagine teaching your aged mother how to use tech and pitch it at that level.
I did this during lockdown when I taught my mother to order food online. If you want a realistic version of that scenario, you'd have to go into another room and shout one or more of these phrases every 2 minutes:
Statuswoe, what have I done now?!
Why is the screen blank?
Why is it trying to give me cookies? What are cookies?
What's that? *points at clickbait in the corner* It says -insert celebrity name- has died?
I hate technology.
Can't you put it out there onto the tubes?
What have I pressed?
Can you get me back to the page I was on?
*annoyed huffing noises*
I don't know why anyone ever invented computers.
This earwax removal ad is disgusting!
Where's the mouse gone?
Put it off now, I've had enough.
(Mum can do an online food shop now. It all worked out in the end)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
Thankyou forensic fraus I've updated the list. I will spoiler the list itself now as it's getting quite long.
We're well into house deposit territory just with this discretionary spending we can think of off the top of our heads 🧐
And to be clear, I think we all realise people need furniture. But spaffing how ever many £ks on duplicate high end pieces whilst pleading poverty is the point being got at.

Furniture in houses is allowed, FMs may stand down.

• Haha
  • Heart

domeafavour

So this is the first mention Nigella made of Jack (that I could find) in Nigella's blog in March 2014

And I am 🦉🍾 at this sentence:
"Her recipes are founded on the ideal of eating well on a budget, but there is nothing drab about her food: it's as vibrant as her voice; and A Girl Called Jack is full of food with bold flavour, recipes that beg to become part of your daily repertoire."

Indeed, Nigella, her food is as vibrant as her voice. What a compliment.

• Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
I just said "hey google play BBC Scotland radio"

It started talking about an expert panel coming up to help with the cost of living, I thought that's not my Jack!

And it isn't. She's giving some money saving tips later. They say live it'll be live

• Haha
  • Wow

FeelingGroovy

Many thanks for the podcast help. I *think* I’ve done it, and only tutted, moaned and made comments like ‘eeeeeeeeh it was easier when you could tune into the wireless’ once.*

also thanks for the images of the pigskin hat. Not quite Real Ale Neckbeard, but almost.

*NB: I’m not that old really, mid forties, but I am a twat.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I love how in the last thread so many fraus obtained @Marmalade Atkins like-superpowers for memory recall and triangulation.

It’s like at the end of Buffy when all the potentials got full slayer powers and strength.

• Haha
  • Heart

Bugger13

VIP Member
The most delicious & surprising thing? Apparently she just chucks stuff in a pan. Who knew?
So eventually the answer is stewed steak, mandarins, tomatoes & black beans. She says it looked horrific but turned out delicious 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Still listening to BARPOD. Nothing that would be new to us so far but it's a full potted history. She's fucked.

It's everything from Hunger Hurts 1, through to the Hopkins trial, Kickstarter, the health issues, Teemill, Patreon, all the collabs, Hunger Hurts 2.

Just mentioned Molly!

Jesse: "This is like a mega grift."

They asked to speak to Jack! She did not respond!

Now running through the 100 hour work week, contradictory tweets. Celebrity squad! FOI request to police. Katie Herzog has contacted Essex Police and awaiting a response. Now talking about Joshua Bonehill and clarifying he wasn't jailed for harassing her.

TATTLE HAS BEEN MENTIONED! THEY MENTION OUR BEAUTIFUL RECEIPTS!

THREAD 31!

Vimes Boots Index- ONS "Jack had nothing to do with this"

Tweeting terrible advice re fuel bills.

Threats to sue, transphobia right wingers. All debunked.

Katie Roche blogpost now being mentioned.

Homeless claims "living rough"/ never been homeless.

DIVA magazine debacle.

Claims of poverty but probably in top 10% of booksellers. "she's either lying or really fucking bad with money"

Lesbian who currently dates men.

Claims to be able feed family on £20 "irresponsible and galling".

They've been talking to a frau.

Here's the links included in the email

UPDATE: During this episode’s production, Monroe deleted her Twitter and few of her Tweets have been archived. Our apologies.

A Recipe For Jack Monroe

You will need:

• 25 oz. of alcoholism
  • COVID-19 (severe)
  • A whole autism (self-diagnosed)
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (if available)
  • 3 (or more) concussions
  • 1 grandparent who immigrated (from Wales)
  • Note: Add 5 tabs of testosterone for a Jacked Monroe instead.
This story, if cooked up convincingly, should get you hired by the BBC, Netflix, Hellmann’s, and Del Monte, shortly before making you an influential economist.

Just try not to look too closely at what’s inside.

View attachment 1612660 Monroe’s viral blogpost describing her poverty

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http:/agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

The Daily Mirror’s article describing Monroe eating on just £10 a week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

View attachment 1612661 Monroe announces she has received her dream job at a local newspaper

https://web.archive.org/web/20130301120239/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/25/ive-got-a-brand-new-job-and-im-so-excited-i-could-squeak/

Monroe, non-binary, now goes by “them” (but will grant you an s-word pass)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-transformation-of-jack-monroe-tglnc393nw5

Jack Monroe v Katie Hopkins [2017]

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170329-rev-1.pdf

Ten years after her viral blogpost, Monroe is still poor. I think?

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2022/07/31/the-curse-of-the-poverty-hangover-ten-years-on/

Awfully Molly’s blogpost outlining the case against Jack Monroe

https://medium.com/@AwfullyMolly/jack-monroe-saint-or-scammer-80ec92f37bb6

View attachment 1612662 Monroe leans into her identity as a working-class “third-generation immigrant”

https://web.archive.org/web/20220528175937/

Jack Monroe: An Investigation

https://katieroche.net/jack_monroe_investigation_main.html

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - AUGUST 25: British food writer, journalist and activist Jack Monroe attends the Edinburgh International Book Festival at Edinburgh College of Art on August 25, 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Simone Padovani/Getty Images)
That's amazing. :love: I'm not familiar with the world of podcasts. Does this one get many listeners?

P.S. Just a reminder that Jack has been spending thousands on designer clothes and sideboards. Meanwhile, her poverty is so SEVERE that she needs to melt all of her lightbulbs down into one big lightbulb, freeze her soap into smaller soapcubes and train the brambly mice to collect rainwater in big leaves just so she can wash her hands. Makes you think.

• Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Preemptive thanks to anyone transcribing and reporting on the podcast. I've been holding out for a Swindled episode on Mx Jack but this one will do!
I think it's around 3 am in the UK so odds are she's in bed and will wake up to a shitstorm.
Yesssssssss.

• Haha
  • Wow

FeelingGroovy

I mean there is a lot of examples, but my favourite is the radiator full of gas.
Although we laugh at the down right thickness of someone who thought a radiator worked by pumping gas through it and heating it (🙄) it is worth remembering the context she posted it.
She and a 'friend' were in the 'friend's' house at 4am. They were apparently redesigning the kitchen.
They were trying to move the radiator and Jack asked twitter how you would move it without the gas escaping.
All of this was live tweeted at a manic pace as Jack and her friend tried to tear up a kitchen at 4am.
Totally normal.
This is absolutely 4am ❄ talk.

back over a decade ago when MrGroovy and I were recreational users, there would be 4am talking utter bollocks sessions.

Incidentally 6hr sex sessions are ❄ territory as um… gents quite often can’t arrive at the destination, if you catch my drift.

• Haha

Katkat

Chatty Member
It’s not lost on me that the radio Scotland guy just said that ‘Jack Monroe is coming up soon’ and then played Toxic. Chapeau sir!

• Haha
Reactions: 65
This is so sad like the idea people have to chuck a load of shit in a pan and it’ll be grey or gross but whatevs it/you don’t matter 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like people deserve better than rotten slop

• Sad
  • Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Has there been an in-depth study of Alcoholism Recovery Jack?

I read about the local shop contradictory stories, but there's more than that.

BTW, my name is Benign Narcissist and I'm an alcoholic, and regularly attended meetings and events for a number of years.

I have never seen, or heard of, an AA group in the UK give out the "sobriety chips" marking the length of time sober (though I have seen it in other 'anonymous groups' - Cocaine Anonymous, for example).

She might have a home group that does do it, but why would she accept multiple chips to mark the same length of sober time?

Any South of England friends of Bill W able to confirm if sobriety chips are given out?

Standard advice to new arrivals at AA is attend 90 meetings in 90 days, and don't drink in between. Anonymity is discussed, and I'm pretty sure someone with a high profile is advised that using said profile to announce early recovery risks damaging AA reputation, and putting others off trying it, in the event of a relapse.

If Jack does have a sponsor (AA veteran to do the 12 Step programme with), then they will be aghast at her social media antics.

Jack announced to the world her alcoholism with a Guardian article a week into 'sobriety' - everyone is different, but I don't know any AA members who made membership public within the first few months rather than days, except one guy who announced it on his Facebook page when he acted like a drunken fool at a work event and tried to worm out of getting sacked.

Jack may well have gone to AA. She may believe she is addicted to alcohol. She might even be. I can't know. But what I do know is that her exposing the organisation to association with her, particularly so early on, would likely cause immense discomfort to those who do "service" (volunteer to host and run the meetings). This is read out at the start of every meeting:

A.A. PREAMBLE
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Nobody would ever be asked to leave an AA meeting unless something really awful like violence resulted. But AA meetings will have people desperately in need of help arriving, and, if Jack does attend, find there is a social media personality with serious boundary issues there.

If Jack is in AA, she acted out of accordance with the spirit of anonymity the organisation has carefully cultivated over decades.

Many famous people have spoken of their membership - but usually after many years sobriety, and often significant service. Jack showed up and wrote a Guardian article about it.

It's all very weird and suspicious.
@colouredlines has done a deep dive into her alcohol storylines before, it'll be buried deep within the threads. She has 'stopped drinking' many, many times. IMO, it's one of her go-to content fillers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Do you mean biscuits and gravy? Not really like scones at all, dear one. Definitely a southern thing, though, a la Georgia Church Suppers.

I ate biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast on my honeymoon on several occasions.

The trousers I wore on the plane on the way out to the states, I could not fit into on the way home from the states.

• Haha
  • Heart

Fruitjack

VIP Member
Well well. Insomniac driven tattle catch ups sometimes catch the worm. This must be what has been hinted about.

• Heart
  • Haha

Nurseali

VIP Member
Sorry for the laughy emoji because this was clearly a distressing event.
It did make me giggle though!
Was a daily event on a dementia ward I worked on. I think anybody who works on geriatric wards should be paid double. I just couldn't do it long term It isn't a role for the weak. I was hit, spat at, abused and it genuinely isn't their fault. They would be mortified to know in the future them they would do those things. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
Yeah it will be the article about how the internet and media creates heroes with no substance that I’d like to see. Anna Delvey* grifted alone. She took a couple of people in along the way who vouched for her but as soon as they began to question things, she moved onto the next mark.

Monroe has fooled a lot of the people a lot of the time. Her brand has been rubberstamped and legitimised by pretty much every media outlet in the country. Of course people are going to trust her if the BBC is putting her on telly and the Express is featuring her articles. They all have a responsibility here. As someone (Matei?) asked, what due diligence has been done?
None at all.

* if you haven’t listened to the bbc podcast about delvey, you really should. Even if you’ve seen the Netflix show. It’s amazing

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
£428 fancy knobs (and counting)
£250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£100 pigskin hat
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable (bedroom)
£800 77 Lipsticks
£200 14 Foundations
£250 40 Eyeliners
£500 misc makeup
£960 6x Roberts Revival Mini radio (assumed)
£158 orange nike trainers
£1,200 kendal dining chairs
£425 Graham and Green birdcage lampshade
£65 test tube vases
£35 boiler suit (which was dyed pink)
£10 squid game guard mask from the market
£44 per roll wallpaper used as ADHD friendly “to-do” list
£300 kitchen aid
£20 black pleather Primark boots with chain
£499 Dyson fan
£65 SimpleHuman hand soap dispenser (kitchen)
£60 squatty potty
£535 custom captain's chair
£110 Two pairs of granny curtain boiler suits
£400 Cotswold Company small sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£799 Cotswold Company chester dove grey writing bureau (similar)
£849 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak dining table
£399 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak storage bench
£2,396 2x Cotswold Company chester dresser
£1,529 Cotswold Company chester grand dresser
£299 Cotswold Company bookcase (porch)
£800 2x Cotswold Company small sideboards
£499 Cotswold Company chester wine console
£599 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard
£699 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard (wine rack version)
£800 2x Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak shoe storage bench
£730 Cotswold Company chester dove grey extra large dresser top
£300 suit she wore for the Diva photoshoot
£300 dyson hairdryer
£850 water rower
£400 John Lewis hammock
£400 John Lewis egg chair
£400 20x John Lewis clear plastic storage bins
£290 Baywood 33 drawer tea chest
£30 John Lewis Perspex cube pasta storage with pink lids
£20 full set of oversized unicorns/animal mugs from Asda
£300 sentient mirror
£360 2x nike trainers (exc. orange ones)
£120 24" TV for SB's PlayStation
£2500 Smeg (double American style)
£300 2x Viv westwood dress (assume sale)
£75 Sweaty Betty leggings
£170 Lumie alarm clock
£200 R&P bras (x 2 minimum)
£199 Airpods
£249 Airpods pro
£199 Apple Watch (assume series 3)
£250 Sleeper to Edinburgh last min on a Friday
£309 3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh
£170 Last minute train home on a Monday morning
£700 Vets bills
£20 Sad Asda shop
£40 summit camping stove (shed)
£400 ooni pizza oven (freebie)
£60 3x “tiles” for locating lost keys/phones by internet magic
£12 2x dylon machine dye
£180 12x moleskin notebooks
£1000 unread books
£100 CUDDLY TOY (Hamleys)
Total: £34,436
(inc. Cotswold Company £11,027)

We've smashed the previous high score :m

Two Burberry Jackets (but I think they were pre-Patreon, correct?)
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
Designer dog
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were 🔺 by clever fraus)
Botox
Fillers
Expensive haircuts
Artificial snow
many wigs
plastic flower headdress phase
“£5” denim cargo trousers from Primark
Multiple phones
Emin
SPITE SOFA
Le Creuset
furniture and set dressing for the shed outside that she was going to turn into a studio
The hen with the rubber eggs for nesting hens?
dusty plastics string of pearls plant
unread books
That is amazingly FORENSIC and I have no idea how you’re keeping track, but a minor correction
50F7919D-12B8-44B6-887D-5DBCCDE76968.jpeg
She has 2 roberts radios AND six DAB digital radios (the digitals are the radios in every room tuned to the “room appropriate” channels). So 8 radios/radiae

For anyone joining at this thread, every single Cotswold company piece has been photographed and posted online by Jack- evidence matching up her posted pics with those items on the Cotswold site is in the last thread. None of that is conjecture- it’s all there, posted by Princess Pov.

ETA 🥕

Last edited: