Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clarends

Chatty Member
The worst of it is that this person who clearly hasn't a clue about budgeting has been paid by newspapers to give advice about budgeting. Very sad state of journalism.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Off topic but as a fairly new Frau (here since AM) can someone point me towards the thread where Jack grated her spam? (Not a euphemism)
She grated her spam way back in the Daily Kitchen Live days - so probs thread 3 or 4. There’s links for the episodes of DKL in the wiki.
6BFCF706-3219-4346-8975-0E805284970E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha

MooBelle

VIP Member
Former recreational coke fiend here; recognise the behaviour from my own misspent past, 100% think Jack has a nasty habit, one she doesn't want to give up because she still seems on it quite merrily. She can take me to court all she wants, I completely stand by my convictions.

It's a perfect example of her tricksy wording, the whole AA schtick is a front, a shield to deflect and distract from the truth. She uses her faux alcohol addiction to cover her tracks and gets all the praise for her strength at staying sober. Alcohol was never the problem.
At work we can't call out even the most blatant of addiction in service users.
However, what we CAN say is that they 'present' as being intoxicated.
So we can't say 'service user was drunk' but we can say 'service user appeared to be drunk. They stunk of booze and slurred their words'
So saying 'Jack Monroe presents as a person who appears to be off of their tits on coke' is absolutely fine.

• Haha
  • Wow

Moneypenny’sfreedom

I would pay SERIOUS money to be a breakfast guest at the bungalow in a few hours, she opens her DMs/ emails and some fawning acolyte has written a synopsis …. Some of that crockery is getting smashed minimum. Hopefully SB is with his father.

I think if legals aren’t issued ( would be hard to see how they could) other outlets will start. I bet the Patreon bosses will be concerned now surely?

The potatoes were a smokescreen, this is the real reason for the flounce, would love to know when they contacted her.

re the money spent on luxury items, I wonder how much if any is spent on SB ( I feel it won’t be a lot). Does SB’s Dad get maintenance if SB does, as we suspect, spend most of his time there.

• Sad
  • Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
As a previous recreational frau, one thing which stands out is that she can type well at all hours of the night. Drunk people tend to get increasingly drunk and start typing nonsense. Whereas one reason Colombian marching powder is popular, a top tv exec told me, is that you can still work. You can keep “topped up” and try to avoid boozing and maintain normal service.
This is something I’ve been thinking, but was never sure how to phrase it. Her tweets/writing never look like she’s been drunk.

Whatever substances she may or may not be abusing*, for me, her biggest problem is that she’s a total narc. I know that word is thrown around a lot these days, but she really is, and it’s disturbing.

* If she was using coke or whatever, I wouldn’t judge her, in the same way that I don’t judge any fraus who share their experiences with it here, I really respect how open and honest you all are. I just have a problem with her lies around it all. Sorry not explaining this very well!

• Heart
I have one 🔺 Kenwood stereo (it has tape decks!) that I don’t use. I’m listening on my 🔺 iPhone (not the newest model and bought used from 🔺O2 - which I highly recommend to save £££). Otherwise I listen to music via a Bluetooth speaker or in my car. Those DAB radios look cute but I don’t need one. Let alone 6 or 7. Jack, your priorities are senseless.
I'm beginning to realise she buys things for how she thinks they'll look in her house rather than their use....I have a distant relative who does this. They've got three baby grand pianos in different rooms, each of them is covered in lots of different framed family pictures grouped artistically on the top bit of the piano that you lift up when you play. The fantastic thing Is that no one in the family can play the piano.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

Pocahontas

VIP Member
A polite request - is it possible please to take the drug discussion to a different chat thread so that we stay on topic and it's quicker for people (me) to catch up because fraus I'M BUSY 😘
Yep have seen a few reports about this - let’s move on now from the drugs compare the market chat now please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

MoistenedGussets

Chatty Member
Late to the party this morning, somethings happened I take it ?
Would some kind Frau mind paraphrasing as I'm short on time and long on curiosity 🤔
Ta awfully
How far back?

Jack posted picture of spuds a couple days ago.
Someone didn't like them.
Flying monkeys attacked him jack LEFT
Now Blocked and Reported have done an expose of a podcast.
With Molly and Katie Roche and now Blocked and Reported, jack's being noticed by people she'd rather not be noticed by.
The ONS was all lies.
The coroner was all lies.
The police was all lies.
The poverty of Hunger Hurts 2 was all lies... And it was written whilst she was surrounded by over £40ks worth of Middle class stuff whilst sat in a shitty bungalow worth far more than an actual poor person could ever dream of.
She's reduced to posting on Instagram and appearing on BBC Scotland..

thats about all for now I think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

Smellycat18

Hi ninnies, far be it from me to interrupt the forensic counting of Jackarse (sorry I can't remember who coined this, I've been so excited to be sort-of keeping up in sort-of real time for these past few threads. Do you want me to stop BREATHING, etc?), but...

Whilst on holiday a couple of months ago with my friend & his OH (who has not LEFT) somehow, Jackarse (I do love this!) came into the conversation and my friend's OH starting saying "oh, she does so much". Let me tell you - I was delighted - DELIGHTED - to be able to put him straight about her pov cosplay. I almost made him cook one of her recipes, but I like him, so...

• Haha
  • Heart

FeelingGroovy

Well. Looks like I’m going to have to pop my podcast cherry and listen to this on the way into work today.

now, can a kindly Podcast Frau tell me how I do this? Imagine teaching your aged mother how to use tech and pitch it at that level.

• Haha
  • Heart

SoukMook

It struck me today that Jack’s customers aren’t in fact people who need inexpensive meals. She’s not selling to them, really, but rather to a subsection of well-meaning largely middle class online people who are making themselves feel good and outsourcing a sliver of ‘activism’ by chucking her a few quid. The product is her, not the food.
And she’s enabled in this by the way the media works. Yes, Twitter has caught up with her, but for a while its argy bargy, toothless left-leaning politics and short memory made it an ideal home for her.

Likewise she’s running out of rope now but for a while she fitted in perfectly as a guest on TV and radio. They only want a few minutes, nothing with depth, and they usually don’t want real politics and certainly not any actual poor people. So a fashionable looking woman with some reheated cliches was a perfect booking.

• Heart

SpudYouHate

I did a thing today- probably a 'Jackism', really.
Wanted cake- am broke, so went with what I could find. Had some crusts of staleish white bread, but not enough for bread pud, so found a packet of digestives the kids had opened and not wrapped up that had gone a bit soggy. Put it all in a big mixing bowl, broke it up and added some mixed spice, some sugar and a load of (smartprice!) mixed dried fruit. Chopped up a few imperfect apples the kids had spurned too. Added a couple of small eggs and some milk (was a mixture of cow's and other non dairy stuff we had left over) melted a tablespoon or two of marg (not wasting butter on this) which I then poured over like you do with bread pud. Stirred it up and dolloped into a couple of greased bread tins. Sprinkled a bit more sugar on top.
Cooked in a medium oven for an hour and a bit and- it was actually really nice. I thought the digestive biscuits might make the whole thing go wonk (I'd have made a cheesecake if I had any soft cheese handy, or a biscuit cake if I had any chocolate around- didn't tho) but actually it's exactly like a regular bread pudding only more apple-y, which is actually an improvement, imo.
Anyway- there's my experiment for the day. Loath to 'waste' eggs and butter stuff rn, but we had quite a few, luckily.
I didn't measure anything but my estimates seemed ok. As far as calories go, it's cold, we're skint, so the more the merrier!
It seems to have met with approval from the family-
Here's a pic, though it wasn't intended to be pretty.
(I don't reckon it looks worse than Jack's stuff though, and she's supposed to be a pro.)
1664485248821.jpg

• Heart

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
People have been talking a lot about HH2 being the beginning of the end for Jack and in retrospect - and listening to the podcast - I really can't believe she thought she'd get away with any of this. Posting about how she hasn't bought shampoo in two years, just a few months after that photo of her newly dyed hair and a list of all the (expensive, too!) products she used on it? Says she can't afford shower gel or even to have the lights on but she has a ton of brand deals including with Superdrug which is paying her to promote their budget toiletries. A decade as a public figure who's sold books and worked with a number of companies but writes as if she's in the exact same situation as she was 10 years ago? Pride really does come before a fall
I am absolutely convinced that her amplification by Nigella and the plaudits around the ONS/Asda changes along with The VBI shite made Jack feel she was invincible. Untouchable.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I think the problem is that people have been doing all this shit and Jack's 'check your cupboard' bullshit for years. There is nothing left that people can do to save money. There's nothing more to cut. People like Jack guve the impression that it's doable to live on £20 a week and it really isn't. Which is why we don't need self obsessed, narcissistic, middle class that's telling people what's bloody obvious, but actual proper campaigners who will campaign for wages changes etc.

I know this has all been said before but what a waste of time getting Jack on the programme when they could've devoted the time to someone trying to bring about real social justice change!

Rant over, will now go back to my slop.
I think this is one reason why the j1g is up for Jack. People on low incomes have heard this shit a million times. They’re already buying the cheap cuts of meat, slow cooking, meal planning, shopping in charity shops etc. I have not seen a single article in the last few months with a money saving tip that hasn’t been shared a million times before.

• Heart

secretsu

My local bakery must think I'm a raving fucking lunatic then
I get 1 crusty roll and 1 jam doughnut from my local bakery and get change from a pound! That's why I go to the bakery rather than the supermarket. Just like I go to the butchers to buy 1 chicken breast or 4 sausages etc...

• Heart
  • Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Her stocktake idea is so insulting a) to people have nothing in their cupboards and b) to anyone with two brain cells who knows to look in the cupboards before they go shopping.

• Heart
  • Haha