Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Just catching up after listening to the BARpod. Like others, I wish they hadn't used almost all of the ten minute preview talking about the name change/gender stuff, as that's by far the least interesting or objectionable thing about Jack and it just gives her defenders an easy opportunity to dismiss the whole thing as part of the alleged GC smear campaign.

I'd also love for this to have been a long form podcast, simply because there's so much bullshit to wade through. Like, they skimmed over the Patreon stuff in about 30 seconds when that could easily be a half-hour episode in itself.

That said, it was great to hear (almost) everything we've talked about laid out in one place, and if it brings the grift to a wider audience, all the better. Given that they contacted her before the podcast went out, I think we can safely assume this was the actual reason behind the potatoes explosion and subsequent flounce. I bet she's absolutely kicking herself for writing HH2; that was a massive overreach by her and really did open the floodgates for people who'd been watching the grift for years and then decided "enough."

She'll always have a devoted circle of (stupid) flying monkeys but her reputation really has been shattered these past few months. Before that, she had widespread support and the most negative reaction you'd see was people thinking she was a bit annoying, or the odd anonymous squig trying to wise people up to the bullshit. But now, everywhere online, you see people questioning the lies, the grifting, her atrocious conduct on social media, the constant need for praise and attention, even outright taking the piss out of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Moneypenny’sfreedom

Just woke up to see a tweet ( now bloody lost it and spent 15 looking for it) that says a freelancer has done an article and it’s being considered by the Mail and others, will be sold to the highest bidder. Will keep looking ( my feed has been on fire since Blocked and Reported) and will edit with screenshot.

Jack’s going down like the Titanic….

• Wow
  • Haha

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
Many years ago when my and my oh had just started living together I tried to make a bolognais out of burgers as I had no mince in, and the shops were shut. Readers, it was rank. Burgers have a lot of fat in them, or the birds eye ones I used did, they also have gristly bits which you don't seem to notice when it's in a bun.

I looked at the greasy mess boiling on the hob and lost my appetite, we did attempt to eat it, but it was not pleasant and has never been repeated in 30odd years of being together

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
To say she loves asda she hasn't once mentioned their new rewards scheme. I do my top up shop in there, spend about £20 a week ish, sometimes do my main shop. In 3 weeks I have over £8 as rewards. She should know this and be promoting stuff like this completely.
But Jack hates loyalty cards as they mine your data. Personally I love them.
ETA I use Sainsburys, and my favourite thing is I save them up for Christmas and then use all the points for nice treats for the local food bank. I know it’s blowing my own trumpet and it’s a way of making myself feel good but I love putting lots of nice extras that I can’t afford to do during the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

Marj24

VIP Member
From Twitter, I copied and pasted as I haven't worked out how to squiggle screenshots

@1stsqiggle
I'm no Jack Monroe, but I've rustled up a cheap batch cook tonight.
1kg of chicken breast 1 jar of arrabbiata sauce 4 chicken stock cubes 1 litre boiling water 500g of penne pasta Chilli flakes Fry it, add it, simmer it for 35 minutes. 5 meals for less than £8. Delicious.

@2nd squiggle

Replying to
@1stsquiggle
If you were Jack Monroe you'd have added a can of peaches to the recipe.

• Haha
Even with Jack gone, they still weren't talking about anything useful. I can't think of a single tip from that segment. It's no good telling people you grow tomatoes in your greenhouse if they don't have a greenhouse, and it doesn't matter if you buy tinned food or not if your listeners can't afford to buy enough food. It's so frustrating.
Agreed, it feels like a lot of this content is just for over leveraged middle classes who are now having to cut back because they maxed affordability for their mortgage/car lease/home improvement loans and now interest rates are headed up are fucked. But this being the constant narrative in the media is SUCH a disservice to people who are being fucked over by sky high rents & utilities and literally have no money left after the bills are paid. But no one wants to hear from them & Jack is taking up the space of an actual WC and low income woman to rep those ppl ☹

• Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
If you go on their Twitter you can listen to the first ten mins free btw

I wonder if Jack’s massive strop about potatoes was because of this expose? Surely that’s it? She’ll only have a few wet ninnies who haven’t figured it out if she comes back?
I suspect she'd have been livid once they got in touch with her. It'll be interesting to see how the flying monkeys respond or if she comes back and tries to defend herself. As I say there's nothing in the podcast a long term Tattler wouldn't know already but when you hear it all described back to you it brings home how insane the whole thing is.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Blimey 😲
I listened to the free 10 minutes. It is fascinating to hear people respond to the Jack folk lore we are all so used to, and in a way are a bit immune to. Eg when she read out Jack's Jeremy Kyle 'I'm a normal person' quote - and Jesse said 'thats obnoxious', I thought anew omg yes it is obnoxious. Like hearing it all again with fresh ears. The inconsistencies and exagerrations.

• Heart
Reactions: 77

Smeghead

VIP Member
Got to say, this series of The Jack Monroe Show has been a real ride - so much less predictable than previous years. Can’t even begin to guess what’s going to happen next. Might be time to bring a new character in, but great writing guys, edge of my seat here 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 😯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
From the last thread. This is about the SMEG fridge.

She upgraded the gifted one. She now has the £2,000 American style side by side four door fridge freezer. The new SMEG is so big it wouldn't fit in her kitchen and has to stay in the 3rd hall adjacent to the (not) spiral staircase.
Womp! There it is!
EFD420DA-99AA-44F2-A9F6-65FA77054EBC.jpeg
With the Cotswold wine rack wallpaper storage thingammybob opposite it. Unless she has more than one. Also another Cotswold piece through the door at the back.

🎵It’s like 10,000 pieces of heavy expensive furniture, when all you need is shower gel 🎵
A091463F-2C45-48FD-B65E-D19C80E263A7.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
People have been talking a lot about HH2 being the beginning of the end for Jack and in retrospect - and listening to the podcast - I really can't believe she thought she'd get away with any of this. Posting about how she hasn't bought shampoo in two years, just a few months after that photo of her newly dyed hair and a list of all the (expensive, too!) products she used on it? Says she can't afford shower gel or even to have the lights on but she has a ton of brand deals including with Superdrug which is paying her to promote their budget toiletries. A decade as a public figure who's sold books and worked with a number of companies but writes as if she's in the exact same situation as she was 10 years ago? Pride really does come before a fall
She’s a moron because she could have done a ten year anniversary update saying she was doing better, but was still poor. For example, highlighting that she’s still stuck in a cycle of renting and still cautious about money. That would resonate with a lot of people and still bring the Patreon bucks in to ‘support her work’. Poverty does leave a lasting impression on your life and it can give you a weird relationship with money. But of course, being Jack she’s the poorest of the poor, the most severe poorest povo of all time.

She wouldn’t have even remembered the anniversary of HH1 if she wasn’t browsing Tattle like a massive narc. I remember posting that it was ten years and thinking ‘yeah I bet she writes a stupid blog about this’ and behold! Makes u think.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

jenny2603

VIP Member
What are the comments like Frau?

View attachment 1612886
They're ok, a lot of Americans discovering Jack for the first time. A couple of folk sticking up for her because she took down Hopkins. I've clipped a few of the better comments below.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 08.20.21.png

Screenshot 2022-09-29 08.22.12.png

Screenshot 2022-09-29 08.23.14.png

This is in response to a long comment about how awful Hopkins is. I've not clipped it as I think most people know she's a massive racist etc and it's not really about Jack.

• Heart

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Someone on the last thread (sorry, I don't remember who) asked what the Welsh word for grifter is.

Typically, people are known by their occupation along with their last name, so in English you would have people like Jones the Chemist, or Williams the Milk. In keeping with that I can only assume that Jack would be known as Monroe the Swindler. 😲

• Haha
  • Wow

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I'd say fairly often.

What makes it sadder is that if it is true, then she's sat by herself, snorting lines and trying to be funny on Twitter. It's all a bit tragic really.
As a previous recreational frau, one thing which stands out is that she can type well at all hours of the night. Drunk people tend to get increasingly drunk and start typing nonsense. Whereas one reason Colombian marching powder is popular, a top tv exec told me, is that you can still work. You can keep “topped up” and try to avoid boozing and maintain normal service.

• Heart
  • Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I’m not subscribed to BAR and only listened to first ten mins… do they explicitly say the source is someone from here?!
They seem to have more than one source, and have clearly done some research of their own as well. They’ve independently contacted Essex Police about celeb squad for eg. But they have actually had some back and forth chat/email with a Tattler and they read out some of an email where that person explains why Tattlers ‘chat pony’ about Jack (except as that person is clearly not an utter tit they did not use said Jack-term).

The stuff about here was pretty benign. They made clear this isn’t the toxic sludge calling for her shuffling off this mortal coil that Jack makes it out to be.

• Wow
  • Heart
Sorry to be forensic (it's kind of my flex) but that's not spam she's grating in that clip, it's corned beef to go in her chilli with clamato juice, black tea and cold oily onions 😰

• Sick
  • Haha