Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t she post she had vet insurance for content claimed £12 pcm which is way below best deal we got for eats own shit lab

Reactions: 43
She did, but we think she means that basic plan the vets gives - like a once a year check up, toe clip and worming/flea tablets

Reactions: 26
Anyone got access to this who can drop it into an online AI audio transcription? (i.e. not rely on a Moleskine notebook and a crumbly hand)
If you go on their Twitter you can listen to the first ten mins free btw

I wonder if Jack’s massive strop about potatoes was because of this expose? Surely that’s it? She’ll only have a few wet ninnies who haven’t figured it out if she comes back?

Reactions: 55
I suspect she'd have been livid once they got in touch with her. It'll be interesting to see how the flying monkeys respond or if she comes back and tries to defend herself. As I say there's nothing in the podcast a long term Tattler wouldn't know already but when you hear it all described back to you it brings home how insane the whole thing is.

Reactions: 78
But this pod could just be the start - look at the momentum gathering since Molly’s blog! We prayed for a podcast expose for so long!

Def interested to hear what their take on her is, especially as they’re outside of UK

Reactions: 65
But this pod could just be the start - look at the momentum gathering since Molly’s blog! We prayed for a podcast expose for so long!

Def interested to hear what their take on her is, especially as they’re outside of UK
Jesse burst out laughing as soon as he heard the can't lie because she's autistic quote. They came back to it a couple of times and they were both just hooting at it. I'm hoping it's something they revisit, particularly if Essex Police get back in touch with them.

Reactions: 90
Someone on the last thread (sorry, I don't remember who) asked what the Welsh word for grifter is.

Typically, people are known by their occupation along with their last name, so in English you would have people like Jones the Chemist, or Williams the Milk. In keeping with that I can only assume that Jack would be known as Monroe the Swindler.

Reactions: 75
I just finished listening to the Blocked and Reported episode and it was fantastic. Katie Herzog did a great job providing a history of Jack and explaining all the inconsistencies. Tattle got a lot of credit for compiling all the evidence.

Lots of media types listen to Blocked and Reported, it's very influential in that world. This is very bad for Jack.

Reactions: 132
This is the most exciting development since Molly's article dropped, and it's come at the perfect time after potatogate - so many more people are catching on to the grift since the roastie ridiculing, mostly through being directed towards Molly's article and the mentioning of the trusty catalogue of receipts the Dear Fraus have collated here. It's beautiful they've managed to get the episode released now at the point where more people than ever are interested in her and the endless lies.

Also, just to add, superb work with that list of her spending... it is SO FUCKING SHOCKING seeing it all laid out like that. It's sickening, she absolutely disgusts me. Thank you fraus for being a shining light amidst her endless horror.

Reactions: 98
I am SO curious about the Essex Police thing - she kept tagging them in on Twitter so presumably they have had some involvement. But surely they can't have a Celebrity Squad going when police these days don't even have the resources to investigate real crimes like burglary?!

Reactions: 49
From Twitter, I copied and pasted as I haven't worked out how to squiggle screenshots

@1stsqiggle
I'm no Jack Monroe, but I've rustled up a cheap batch cook tonight.
1kg of chicken breast 1 jar of arrabbiata sauce 4 chicken stock cubes 1 litre boiling water 500g of penne pasta Chilli flakes Fry it, add it, simmer it for 35 minutes. 5 meals for less than £8. Delicious.

@2nd squiggle

Replying to
@1stsquiggle
If you were Jack Monroe you'd have added a can of peaches to the recipe.

Reactions: 78
I listened to the free 10 mins and subscribed as a result so I could hear the rest. It is absolutely damning all laid out like this and I’m not even finished listening yet. Completely damning. She has no way of countering this- or suing/threatening to sue them.

ETA the only thing they’ve left out was the grifting for legal fees to sue Daubney etc into her personal PayPal. I hope they revisit her as a topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 102
Imagine if Netflix or some documentary maker does do it? I know she’s small potatoes (Small, Dire Potatoes as a title?) but as a con job type story it’s a banger. People love that stuff.
I hope wonky b gets a cameo. Can’t help thinking of that woman who continued to insist Savile was a good guy even after he was exposed.

Reactions: 61
Someone got an email from them confirming there there was no such squad, I think it's on here a couple of threads back. Essex Police did come out and visit her a few months back but she claimed that was a malicious report at the time.

Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.