Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"You sound like you're after my job!" She says at the end... forgetting she is a guest on his show!!

She was at least more natural on that than during DKL, but goodness me she's self centred.

Thank you Jack for all you do.
View attachment 1599913

Congratulations on your nomination for activism!
Erm she did a snarky luke warm take tweet about the mini budget. That's at least 45 seconds work.

Reactions: 52
Has anyone else received a free copy? Or just that one Squig with their tinned peaches?

Reactions: 21
Verrrrrrry behind thanks to whoever pointed me to RSM (sorry for liking and loling along to year old threads all night) BUT…
Saw this and thought of fraus…

Reactions: 45
Wheezing over "minor celebrity". Reminds me of Kylie Minogue's lawyer describing Kylie Jenner as a "secondary reality television personality” in their trademark dispute. Savage.

Reactions: 68
Thank you for all that you poo xx

Reactions: 31
She's probably extra keen to get this award so she has something recent to use for image marketing, now Grifty Kitchen is due out. She's not been awarded anything of much note for a long time, so I'm sure she'd like to be able to boast "Pink News' Campainger of the Year 2022". It's not much of a boast granted, but beggars can't be choosers.

Reactions: 54
I feel very sorry for the poor sods who get crap Xmas gifts and have to complain to Trading Standards in January, because that particular office will already be swamped with complaints from people who saw the word ‘delicious‘ on the front of Jack’s new book and have, quite rightly, taken umbrage.

There are adjectives to describe Jack’s recipes, ‘delicious‘ is not one of them.

Tattle could provide her publishers with a list of truthful adjectives… like Primary schools provide to children when they write stories….

Dreary
Dreadful
Tasteless
Terrible
Tragic

I once tried her recipe for chocolate chip biscuits, she suggested it doesn’t matter what sugar is used in almost all other recipes. The scientific world was rocked to its core when she stated melted butter would mess up the recipe ‘coz science’. Stephen Hasking must have died happy knowing Jack was in command of the entire subject.

The biscuits were not pleasant.

Reactions: 43
She’ll always remind me of Sid the sloth in this video, although you’d get more sense from Sid

Attachments

Reactions: 52
Plus it's something to point to when people say 'what does she do, though?'

And she'll be all 'ackshally I have won an award for everything I do. What awards do you have Borbora?!'

Reactions: 63
Got as far as tinned tomatoes being the only socially acceptable tinned food.
Tuna’s sitting here like:

Attachments

Reactions: 61
I have not yet found a recipe that wont be improved by the addition of an ounce of butter somewhere in the proceedings. Melt it if you must. I will be dead by 55 of a heart attack obvs

Reactions: 37
Verrrrrrry behind thanks to whoever pointed me to RSM (sorry for liking and loling along to year old threads all night) BUT…
Saw this and thought of fraus…

View attachment 1599928
I keep thinking about her tantrum about JO and the whole "he's moving into my NICHE!" wanting to rip cans open with her bare hands thing....it really does make you think.

Anyone who actually cared about campaigning against poverty or providing recipes for small budgets or whatever it is she thinks her niche is, would not be so bothered by someone else doing the same or a similar thing. Because surely the point is that awareness is raised, resources are provided, etc.

But to Jack it's an encroachment on her territory, because SHE wants to be the ONLY ONE who comes up with recipes for the poors. No one else is allowed to know how to be thrifty with food! Only me! Me me me!!!

Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.