Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For clarity (and before Jack cries harassment) I didn't get to finish my ASA report because she'd taken the store down when I tried to provide the landing page from the ad.

View attachment 1595087
I'm still going to report using screenshots and archived links. Although the store is currently down we don't know if this is permanent as we've had no explanation and in any case the involvement of the TT ended in Feb.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don't mean to be like a downer, but is it just jack's teemill or the whole.of teemill that's gone?

Because I can't seem to access Teemill at all. 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
but she is not known as an artist, or a postcard maker - she’s “famous” for being a poor person/cook.
So why are the rewards not linked to her abilities or reason for fame?
“Because Jack” is probably the answer but really she set herself up to fail because she would have to produce extra stuff every single month!
Not that she has to answer to you or anyone, but they were going to be food related postcards of onions and celery, Edinburgh. Ffs please let her breathe!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I only subscribe to one paid substack and that’s just to get the odd extra essay that’s more personal. It’s only because I can afford a couple of quid a month, and also the writer hasn’t promised a certain amount of articles or anything like that. I’ve gone in knowing I might literally be paying for the odd thing here and there, but ok with it because I don’t expect anything.

What Jack has promised on her Patreon is absolutely ridiculous - the sheer amount of postcards and stuff is just wasting paper!? What would you do with them all!?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I can’t remember who it was, but I’m sure some clever Frau worked it out that for Jack to catch up with all she owes her Patreons like she said she would, she’d have to post out 80,000 postcards or some such number 🤪
This could be the week she actually works 120 hours 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
potentially her removing the teemill store means she potentially is online which potentially means she is accessing her blog which i am assuming means we finally get the chocolate pancake recipe today :)
Isn’t there a steak, blue cheese and red wine one in the queue too?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't mean to be like a downer, but is it just jack's teemill or the whole.of teemill that's gone?

Because I can't seem to access Teemill at all. 🤔
Hmm. All of Teemill seems to be down now but there was a login page for Jack's store before.

ETA Nope Teemill is back, as is Jack's login page.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Convinced teemill went because JM reads here. Jack, if you’re reading (and I’m quite sure you are), no one here wishes you any actual harm. You know this. But actions have consequences and you cannot continue lying and taking money from people without being called out sooner or later.

The only way this goes away is that you tell the truth, without blame or playing the victim, apologise, refund/donate where appropriate and use what’s left of your platform to get a job which supports you & SB.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Can you ask her why Aldi think vegans only want cheese and ice cream at Christmas while you're at it?
Please also have her ask Walmart why they are RIPPING OFF honest hardworking Americans by charging $17.83 plus tax (and another $10.98 for shipping) for 600 grams of unrinsed value pack beans on their website? Come on Jack, get your Embassy contacts or your mate Hazza onto it, STAT.
827EE486-7D8B-4F25-BAA4-B00081C4904B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Please also have her ask Walmart why they are RIPPING OFF honest hardworking Americans by charging $17.83 plus tax (and another $10.98 for shipping) for 600 grams of unrinsed value pack beans on their website? Come on Jack, get your Embassy contacts or your mate Hazza onto it, STAT.
View attachment 1595152
And also can you let her know there’s a spillage in aisle 2, repeat a spillage in aisle 2.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Radio 4 is currently broadcasting a whole programme about Cacio E Pepe
Ciao fellow fraus! Long-time grunker, first-time poster, and what a grunk it’s been. I’ll admit I had to skip a few threads to keep up, but GOOD LORD.

I used to be an absent minded follower of our delicate little urchin, but over the past year noticed more and more inconsistencies in the pov-cosplay. I confess though, it’s was the massacre of some dishes close to my heart that finally lead to my deliverance, specifically the slopabomination presented as Cacio e Pepe.

Fraus, I was fortunate enough to visit family in Italy this summer, and thought it would be amusing to show some of the villages nonnas this crime against the cucina.

To say it backfired would be putting it mildly; I think my passport may now be marked. 3 older ladies burst out laughing thinking it was a joke, until I explained this was from the professional kitchen of the Saviour of the Poors. One of these venerable women choked on her drink, while the other 2 crossed themselves and immediately sought out the local priest, such was their distress.

😢😢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Hands up who's missing Jack's sparkle, the songs, the nice pics and defiance?

View attachment 1595138
…is ‘burn’ missing from the very end there?

🔺 just finalising my Ocado order for tomorrow. Sorry to canal members who can’t yet access it. If you can be naffed, I suggest you DM their lovely help team on Twitter (I assume they are also on other SM) and ask them if they have plans to service you. As it were. Go well x

Reactions: 20
Yeah. They seem to have enough funds and I think their judgement has been questionable over Jack- though I am sympathetic to them essentially being between a rock and a hard place. You see a lot of small local charities get overlooked because they don't have the resources to market themselves and I'd rather target any donations there.
I think it encouraged a lot of us to support local independent food banks. But at the time, we were donors so had every right to contact TT with our concerns. It wasn’t “concern trolling” because we were, in fact, horrified and concerned!

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.