Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You would never get Susie Dent showing us her fanny. Maybe telling us in the 15th century it was called a growler. Classy bird our Susie
Word of the day is 'Growlerflit' (15th Century): one who appears to display their growler (fanny in modern parlance) only to reveal it was actually their thighs.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
Its not even a catchy slogan. Its a bit long winded.

I will still say the best ever slogan on a tshirt was 'barbie sucks but ken doesnt complain'
Just back up a second. Those bags, are they Jack merch? Big tote bags declaring the holder has paid for emergency food by buying it? I must be mistaken. Am I misunderstanding here? Are they Jack merch tote bags?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I have also been thinking. I dont have sm apart from here, my bosses know this and have never questioned why? If they want me to do something they use my work email and etc.

There is no reason she couldnt work and use her email for work gigs and her website( fixed) for her recipies. I havent had sm for like 6 years and i dont miss it one bit. I also dont miss out on stuff becasue people will just whatsapp or email me the info i need.
But then where would Jack get her narc supply of attention 🤷🏻‍♀️ the problem isn't the platforms she uses really, it's the way she uses them. She's not one bit professional on an account that should be strictly professional. She is so far up her own hoop she truly believes people want to hear about her personal life, how often she has sex and all about her son.

It's all just to feed her need for attention

Reactions: 36
Just back up a second. Those bags, are they Jack merch? Big tote bags declaring the holder has paid for emergency food by buying it? I must be mistaken. Am I misunderstanding here? Are they Jack merch tote bags?
You're not misunderstanding at all. Here's the shop with the bag and T-shirts.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
They are Jack merch tote bags. Jack set up a teemill store with some (to be blunt) aggressive slogans on, and made a huge song and dance about all the proceeds going to the Trussell Trust. The TT distanced themselves (we were not consulted on the slogans) and by all accounts had to push quite hard to get the £10K Jack said she'd made as profit. It's in the wiki under T-shirt fundraising.

Reactions: 40
And very much ascribes to the same school of social media management as Jack - lots of evidence in her threads of the extent to which she too is DMing people to try and gain support/turn her supporters against her detractors/switching social media platforms to escape backlash. I would suggest people read her thread, it's eye-opening (and like Veronicaaa said, the whistleblowing isn't something I've seen anywhere else on Tattle. If only Caroline would whistleblow....).

I have been wondering why more people haven't come forward/shared DMs from Jack here or on Twitter or anywhere else. I hadn't realised until recently how much she does it, but I do now wonder whether that is the bulk of her 100-hour work week. "I'm done" squig really convinced me of it. Not sure there is much point speculating but I can't decide do people not share because they are afraid of her taking legal action, because they feel sorry for her/feel she is vulnerable, because they don't want to be piled on by FM? @Upthisweek I completely understand your friend changing their mind about sharing their Jack DM, but are you able to share WHY they changed their mind, was there anything in the DM itself that persuaded them not to? Or was it more to do with Tattle 😅
I genuinely believe DMS should remain private unless you have a disclaimer on your profile.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
You're not misunderstanding at all. Here's the shop with the bag and T-shirts.

Thats actually staggering. Have hit the roof. Have double peaked. So first of all if you are reading this and you need a big bleeping tote bag to say you gave money to a food bank charity, you are a twit and cannot be redeemed I do not care how much that bleeping bag cost.

2- I am going to the Charity Commission. I want to know how many were sold and how much money was made, because thats bang out of order and downright not alright.

3. I have to have another cup of tea now and my jaw is bleeping injured from hitting the floor.

THis is the Charity Commission and Action Fraud. Two separate organisations. They are very keen that if individuals see people purporting to be involved in charitable activity, and pocketig the cash, that they contact them. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/charities I am going to do this when I calm down and pick my jaw off the floor ad address the bruising, but I feel like any individual who was shocked to duck at that, should be able to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
They are Jack merch tote bags. Jack set up a teemill store with some (to be blunt) aggressive slogans on, and made a huge song and dance about all the proceeds going to the Trussell Trust. The TT distanced themselves (we were not consulted on the slogans) and by all accounts had to push quite hard to get the £10K Jack said she'd made as profit. It's in the wiki under T-shirt fundraising.
What does the one about the bread and circus mean? Is it a tenuous connection to the phrase, “not my monkey not my circus”? Why, if so?

Reactions: 14
Thats actually staggering. Have hit the roof. Have double peaked. So first of all if you are reading this and you need a big bleeping tote bag to say you gave money to a food bank charity, you are a twit and cannot be redeemed I do not care how much that bleeping bag cost.

2- I am going to the Charity Commission. I want to know how many were sold and how much money was made, because thats bang out of order and downright not alright.

3. I have to have another cup of tea now and my jaw is bleeping injured from hitting the floor.
Agree, it's appalling. I've created archive links both taken at todays date just incase of any sudden updates when Jack catches up here. They've been there since the first few days of the shop opening.

Archive.Ph link

Wayback Link

Interesting to note, both of the above links are the first archive captures I've done. However I note on Wayback there have been 7 previous screencaptures of the store and two previous on Archive.ph. Looks like someone else is watching.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Yeah it’s all kinds of wrong. She invented the idea of “dead people cant riot” t-shirts, a design firm offered their services gratis, she then found T mill and produced DPCR t’s (sans apostrophe - a conscious design choice, apparently) with the blocky slogan not unlike one the design company offered, but with the awful curly font “Jack Monroe” at the bottom. She then got high on the attention and was tweeting about “accidentally set up a fundraising T Shirt shop” promising cheaper items like badges would follow (apostrophe badges would have been a great upsell here) needless to say she never bothered

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I knew about the T-shirts which I thought were misleading but htose bags are directly saying you have given money to food charity not 'the money from this bag will contribute to nothing more constructive than a snowstorm in Southend.'.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I knew about the T-shirts which I thought were misleading but htose bags are directly saying you have given money to food charity not 'the money from this bag will contribute to nothing more constructive than a snowstorm in Southend.'.
There's a matching t-shirt as well. And there is absolutely no clarity over where any donations have gone since the big £11K donation to the Trussell Trust she made in March, but the store is still open and still claiming to be donating to charity.

• Angry
  • Sad
The bag is all that I hate about people lately.
Do something nice by all means but it's when people have to then say what they did on social media or in this case a massive bag.
I blocked a woman I went to school with as she took a photo of herself with a homeless man after giving him a sandwich. The poor man looked broken and embarrassed. Total bleep behaviour.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 99
View attachment 1594343

This makes £2.19 profit. So £2.19 provides three days emergency food for one person.

View attachment 1594353

This makes £4.50 profit. So actually £4.50 provides three days emergency food for one person.

Both figures sound like gross underestimates, unless it relates to one of those community supermarkets where you pay £3.00 but get £15.00 worth of goods but those aren't emergency food services, so I presume it be more likely to relate to a foodbank.

I am aware that Jack is autistic so cannot lie. She loves facts and is FORENSIC so she won't have just farted some nonsense onto t-shirts and tote bags. I look forward to hearing which figure is correct and seeing a fully costed breakdown of these emergency three day food parcels. I'm sure Jack has already been softly, gently behind the scenes educating foodbanks on providing food at these incredibly low prices.
Also, I know we all said it at the time, but what a bleeping waste of money and resources (environmentally speaking) all for a cringeworthy virtue attention beg. Basically throw away 81p-86p per £1 to look like a prick and give a measly few pennies to a mysterious charity which both relies on the kindness of others but doesn’t want anyone to know about them.
You really, really couldn’t make this tit up.
Hey Jack, if it really was about helping, you’d generally just ask people to donate the whole amount. Go well, dipshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

THis is the Charity Commission and Action Fraud. Two separate organisations. They are very keen that if individuals see people purporting to be involved in charitable activity, and pocketig the cash, that they contact them. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/charities I am going to do this when I calm down and pick my jaw off the floor ad address the bruising, but I feel like any individual who was shocked to duck at that, should be able to do this.
There’s been zero transparency. She said there’d be regular updates but there weren’t. She paid £11k to TT after a big song and dance but has not said what has happened to the past 7 months’ worth of money from February. The website still says all proceeds will go to charity and Jack has even said it has without saying which charities have received the money or when or how much was raised. It’s like her donate a book to a foodbank. No figures to show how much was donated and how many benefitted apart from the odd general number thrown out. Lots of money passing into personal accounts with no transparency.

I see there's a new squig frantically socking it to critics that Jack should be allowed to walk away as it was all an 'accident'.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Also, I know we all said it at the time, but what a bleeping waste of money and resources (environmentally speaking) all for a cringeworthy virtue attention beg. Basically throw away 81p-86p per £1 to look like a prick and give a measly few pennies to a mysterious charity which both relies on the kindness of others but doesn’t want anyone to know about them.
You really, really couldn’t make this tit up.
Hey Jack, if it really was about helping, you’d generally just ask people to donate the whole amount. Go well, dipshit.
I can’t remember but I think we might have done donations around this as well, or perhaps recently done them for Slopmas. I think many of us who contacted them were also donors, so we had every right to be concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What does the one about the bread and circus mean? Is it a tenuous connection to the phrase, “not my monkey not my circus”? Why, if so?
It's a play on the old Roman Empire maxim, "bread and circuses". She has misunderstood that it means that you can superficially appease the people by distracting them with food and spectacle, and is instead saying the government is so bad they don't feed the people (no bread) and are incompetent (the circus bit).

Reactions: 31
Oh I love it. My dream is for someone to get stuck in a customer toilet in Asda and start tweeting Jack for help. "Jack I'm trapped in the ladies in the Warren Street Asda Superstore in Stockport- I've been shouting for ages but no one has come in, can you ask them to come and get me out?", "Jack, I don't know if you've seen my tweet, it's been half an hour now.", "Jack a man has just come and released the jammed lock- Thanks for all that you do".
Jack, Jack, I’m at the Asda in Weston Supermare and my trolley’s got a wonky wheel.
Two minutes later: Thanks Jack, I swapped it for another trolley after asking for help and I know it’s because you tweeted about it once that asda now provide working trolleys. Thankyou for all you do #Blessed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.