Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not saying Jack's followers shouldn't think for themselves but she does play the big 'I am' on Twitter with her invisible Vacuous Bimbo Index. It's hardly surprising some people might think she has influence.

Having said that I'm still going to laugh when I see sqigs asking for help at the shops. 😂
Get her to ask your local Woolworths* to stock tunnocks teacakes!

*I can’t remember the name of a local supermarket but I know you have woolies in the upside down

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
WtF do these people think she’s going to do about it?
Aside from the fact she doesn’t have a single flying duck to give, this demonstrates two things:
1) the person tweeting this to her is incapable of seeing Jack’s ‘personal chaos’ and still think it’s an appropriate time to ask her about the price of a can of beans
2) the tweeter thinks Jack has some kind of power over what shops stock at any given time and has some control over supply chains. Jack is not responsible for stock levels in any store - basically this person is moaning at her as if she’s some kind of consumer champion for no apparent reason. She should be putting them right.

I don’t know where I’m going with this other than to say if my mum tweeted this to someone she’d get short shrift from me.
I think it also signifies how difficult people are finding it to make their budgets work, and that they are putting all their trust in someone who proclaims to know all the hacks to help them.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1594343

This makes £2.19 profit. So £2.19 provides three days emergency food for one person.

View attachment 1594353

This makes £4.50 profit. So actually £4.50 provides three days emergency food for one person.

Both figures sound like gross underestimates, unless it relates to one of those community supermarkets where you pay £3.00 but get £15.00 worth of goods but those aren't emergency food services, so I presume it be more likely to relate to a foodbank.

I am aware that Jack is autistic so cannot lie. She loves facts and is FORENSIC so she won't have just farted some nonsense onto t-shirts and tote bags. I look forward to hearing which figure is correct and seeing a fully costed breakdown of these emergency three day food parcels. I'm sure Jack has already been softly, gently behind the scenes educating foodbanks on providing food at these incredibly low prices.
Its not even a catchy slogan. Its a bit long winded.

I will still say the best ever slogan on a tshirt was 'barbie sucks but ken doesnt complain'

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I don't know who Jess Taylor is but she's tweeted Jack 8 times since 2018.
Probs already answered, but she's like Jack. She has a thread. Claims to be at the forefront of mental health but is dodgy at best and downright dangerous at most.
Very Batmangelidgh.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1594343

This makes £2.19 profit. So £2.19 provides three days emergency food for one person.

View attachment 1594353

This makes £4.50 profit. So actually £4.50 provides three days emergency food for one person.

Both figures sound like gross underestimates, unless it relates to one of those community supermarkets where you pay £3.00 but get £15.00 worth of goods but those aren't emergency food services, so I presume it be more likely to relate to a foodbank.

I am aware that Jack is autistic so cannot lie. She loves facts and is FORENSIC so she won't have just farted some nonsense onto t-shirts and tote bags. I look forward to hearing which figure is correct and seeing a fully costed breakdown of these emergency three day food parcels. I'm sure Jack has already been softly, gently behind the scenes educating foodbanks on providing food at these incredibly low prices.
This isn’t even the ‘big maths’ Jack pretends she can do. So £4.50=£2.19? Perfect metaphor for nothing in her story adding up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Its not even a catchy slogan. Its a bit long winded.

I will still say the best ever slogan on a tshirt was 'barbies sucks but ken doesnt complain'
They would've been better with something clever or like you said, catchy.

PS I have a T shirt that says 'look like Barbie, smoke like Marley'. I get asked all the time where i got it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That's a decent point but could have been easily dealt with using a statement agreed between both parties, making clear that they accepted a donation from Jack but were not involved in the campaign. I really don't think the charities would have had much, if any backlash from that as everyone knew by that point from the Trussell Trust responses that Jack had done her usual and set up a campaign without bothering to consult because she felt like it. If anything, I think people would have been more sympathetic to the smaller charities embarrassed by Jack's stupid and inapporopriate behaviour than they were to a big player like TT. FWIW I don't believe for a second TT received any abuse, it's just that Jack is manipulative and wants to frighten people into silence by making them feel any critical question at all is abusive.
I think the motivator for Jack would be having a disclaimer accompanying the donation. So not only the Trussell Trust underlining that the choice of slogan had nothing to do with them, but any other recipient of the funds. Embarrassment for her, rather than her given reason of charities wanting to avoid abuse. Also given the involvement of her agent, I think the desire would be to wrap up, bury the whole thing. Surprising then that the site is still up and the merchandise still on sale. At the time I remember the most insensitive thing being remarked upon was that this was 'launched' at the same time as the commemoration of Bloody Sunday.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Yep, I’ve made a similar point to this before.
it doesn’t make sense.

found this which I shared a few months back:
She's just pulling figures out of her arse. I recall saying at the time, if she'd been smart and done this properly I think she could have legitimately pocketed profits for herself if she'd set up the shop doing merch inspired by her body of work. I don't think it would have been a massive earner but a few of her simps would have sprung for t-shirts to support Jack. She could have then worked with charities to come up with agreed upon designs and made the profits on those charity only, even getting squigs to vote for the next charity and driving engagement to her tired old blog which could have hosted the polls and provided updates on the shoppo. See Jack I try to help you make legit cashos for yourself and help charity with my good ideas and what do I get it return accused of being a vile troll who wants you DEAD. You have hurt my feelings and I may sue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
View attachment 1594343

View attachment 1594353

Am. I being dim. I would rather give a food bank £24 of food then buy a tit t shirt that is so long nobody would read it
Still better than a Be Kind t shirt though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I'm not saying Jack's followers shouldn't think for themselves but she does play the big 'I am' on Twitter with her invisible Vacuous Bimbo Index. It's hardly surprising some people might think she has influence.

Having said that I'm still going to laugh when I see sqigs asking for help at the shops. 😂
Oh I love it. My dream is for someone to get stuck in a customer toilet in Asda and start tweeting Jack for help. "Jack I'm trapped in the ladies in the Warren Street Asda Superstore in Stockport- I've been shouting for ages but no one has come in, can you ask them to come and get me out?", "Jack, I don't know if you've seen my tweet, it's been half an hour now.", "Jack a man has just come and released the jammed lock- Thanks for all that you do".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 124
Oh I love it. My dream is for someone to get stuck in a customer toilet in Asda and start tweeting Jack for help. "Jack I'm trapped in the ladies in the Warren Street Asda Superstore in Stockport- I've been shouting for ages but no one has come in, can you ask them to come and get me out?", "Jack, I don't know if you've seen my tweet, it's been half an hour now.", "Jack a man has just come and released the jammed lock- Thanks for all that you do".
Followed by Karen in the Wigan branch asking if Jack is in the next cubicle as hers has no toilet paper and she has just had a big tit after eating one of Jack's recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
A huffsnuff cry bully. THats probably against the rules because it applies to so many blue ticks on twitter that it cant be just applied to Jack...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You would never get Susie Dent showing us her fanny. Maybe telling us in the 15th century it was called a growler. Classy bird our Susie

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.