Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done to @Brian Butterfield for the thread title! You win a year’s subscription to DIVA.

It’s all gone a bit tits up for DIVA, who tried to defend Jack yesterday but were faced with backlash.

Jack has been observing a couple of days’ silence after the queen’s funeral - perhaps she’s been tasked with dismantling Big Dave’s big gun.

Please add to this!

Now for some boring, but necessary stuff, from the moderators:

Please don’t post suggestions for what ‘squigs’ or Molly should tweet at or about Jack. (Nobody’s stopping you doing this on Twitter, it just doesn’t need to be replicated here.) Molly / Twitter and Tattle are separate. Stop posting Molly’s every tweet here - it’s not necessary when everyone can just go and look at her page. Fair enough to discuss her if Jack is, or there’s another viral post, but this is not a Molly thread, so some distance should be maintained. The same interests don’t make someone a thread mascot.

Don’t post the same or similar to what you post on Twitter or other social media. Don’t post a screenshot of a tweet you have just liked. Don’t post here that you’ve been blocked, or that you’ve replied to a tweet. Keep it on Tattle and look after your profiles.

Finally, please try to keep on topic. When Jack’s quiet, or it’s late and people want to chat, there is the Food and Drink thread. This helps keep the Jack thread for Jack and makes it easier for everyone else to catch up. Thanks all, and go fairly well.

• Heart
Reactions: 166
Reminder: Jack will be at the Hastings book festival this Saturday.

Screenshot_20220821-203700_Fenix.jpg

ETA - S O L D O U T
Screenshot_20220921-084856_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220921-084916_Opera.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
How long has Jess Taylor and her wife (doesn’t show it on the screenshot but she does follow her) been following JM? I’ve only just spotted it. Lawd help us if those pair of gobshites start chiming in.
I don't think I've ever seen JT and Jack interact, though perhaps a more FORENSIC frau will have receipts showing they have. JT might just be rubbernecking at the chaos or waiting to see what way the wind is blowing before saying anything. I'm keen to see if any more blue ticks have had Jack slither into their DMs asking for a show of support. I suspect more than a few will have thought better of it after seeing what happened with Diva yesterday. I think the next stage of this is a jaccident, an announcement of a new SEVERE illness or a TOOT TOOT my incredible life in your face ninnies tweet about having been at 35 meetings so far this week.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't know who Jess Taylor is but she's tweeted Jack 8 times since 2018.
She runs Victim Focus.
Tries.to.get the victims.of abuse and assault help and guidance. Has written several books. All around a good person, very prowoman.

Not everyone agrees with her, she has her fair share of real trolls that attack her and her wife, which seems unfair, Jess does good work and gets proper trolls, jack lies and grifts and gets very polite trolls asking questions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
She runs Victim Focus.
Tries.to.get the victims.of abuse and assault help and guidance. Has written several books. All around a good person, very prowoman.

Not everyone agrees with her, she has her fair share of real trolls that attack her and her wife, which seems unfair, Jess does good work and gets proper trolls, jack lies and grifts and gets very polite trolls asking questions.
There's a thread about her here, real whistleblowing stuff by ex employees etc, she sounds dodgy af.

• Wow
Reactions: 81
Screenshot 2022-09-21 09.14.21.png

"Jack my local Aldi has run out of own brand beans -PLEASE HELP". Tough titty, squig Jack doesn't do Aldi. No beans for you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 113
View attachment 1594288

"Jack my local Aldi has run out of own brand beans -PLEASE HELP". Tough titty, squig Jack doesn't do Aldi. No beans for you.
WtF do these people think she’s going to do about it?
Aside from the fact she doesn’t have a single flying duck to give, this demonstrates two things:
1) the person tweeting this to her is incapable of seeing Jack’s ‘personal chaos’ and still think it’s an appropriate time to ask her about the price of a can of beans
2) the tweeter thinks Jack has some kind of power over what shops stock at any given time and has some control over supply chains. Jack is not responsible for stock levels in any store - basically this person is moaning at her as if she’s some kind of consumer champion for no apparent reason. She should be putting them right.

I don’t know where I’m going with this other than to say if my mum tweeted this to someone she’d get short shrift from me.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
There's a thread about her here, real whistleblowing stuff by ex employees etc, she sounds dodgy af.
And very much ascribes to the same school of social media management as Jack - lots of evidence in her threads of the extent to which she too is DMing people to try and gain support/turn her supporters against her detractors/switching social media platforms to escape backlash. I would suggest people read her thread, it's eye-opening (and like Veronicaaa said, the whistleblowing isn't something I've seen anywhere else on Tattle. If only Caroline would whistleblow....).

I have been wondering why more people haven't come forward/shared DMs from Jack here or on Twitter or anywhere else. I hadn't realised until recently how much she does it, but I do now wonder whether that is the bulk of her 100-hour work week. "I'm done" squig really convinced me of it. Not sure there is much point speculating but I can't decide do people not share because they are afraid of her taking legal action, because they feel sorry for her/feel she is vulnerable, because they don't want to be piled on by FM? @Upthisweek I completely understand your friend changing their mind about sharing their Jack DM, but are you able to share WHY they changed their mind, was there anything in the DM itself that persuaded them not to? Or was it more to do with Tattle 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Bet she’s not…
Oh I don't know. I think she might be quite keen to do big Me-Wail to the audience about the evil trolls and bullying. I hope Mr T Roll and his mates turn up and ask some polite, well thought out money questions and get the shitting dog sweating in public. At the very least she should be asked why she has taken up space on a platform intended for a working class woman and what she'll be doing with her fee. The least she could is give it to an organisation, ideally a smaller one that works with women in poverty but I won't hold my breath. Every penny will be a prisoner with the wheels falling off her grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Yes, anyone who thinks she’s a friend of vulnerable women really should read the threads on here.
Understood and on my way... But I don't want to be off topic and get WARNED

So..

Jack once said she was a writer, a journalist, a cook, a single mother and tattooed...
If everything else is anything to go by, her tattoos are probably out of bubblegum. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 23
WtF do these people think she’s going to do about it?
Aside from the fact she doesn’t have a single flying duck to give, this demonstrates two things:
1) the person tweeting this to her is incapable of seeing Jack’s ‘personal chaos’ and still think it’s an appropriate time to ask her about the price of a can of beans
2) the tweeter thinks Jack has some kind of power over what shops stock at any given time and has some control over supply chains. Jack is not responsible for stock levels in any store - basically this person is moaning at her as if she’s some kind of consumer champion for no apparent reason. She should be putting them right.

I don’t know where I’m going with this other than to say if my mum tweeted this to someone she’d get short shrift from me.
Presumably these people would have written in to the letters page of a newspaper in times gone by?
Why can’t people ask the store manager for info? Or tweet Aldi? Hope there was enough tin foil in stock for them to fashion hats from!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
From what i remember in the 90s my mum was a big catherine cookson fan. The telly programmes were period drama boink busters.
Young farm hand**
'Oh miss Tilly, your ankles are thou'st the loveliest, lets roll about the hay"

Will she add some of her dickensian street urchin and cahterine cookson boink fest into her lives story.

' twas a cold day when i wearing nothing but the rags of a viv westwood, carrying the last of the groceries from the local market upon me back, that i met him, he was tall, so very tall and he was carrying a pile of round bread rolls. His eyes met mine with a lust so unpumpled that we knew right then this love was real.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.